Ele Shaman is really bad because of poor tuning

earth shield is garbo. maybe buff it by 300%. earhsthield heals for 15k crit. its best use is dispel protection for abilities that are actually worth the GCD

Earth shield should also not have charges. Should just be on the target like lightning shield

i wish it just dispelled 1 charge at a time like it does in Wrath, cuz then it would be insanely good at being dispel protection for abilties that actually are worth dispelling.

Or just have Ele have passive damage reduc with lightning shield up like 20 percent constantly…

Then we could actually be a real caster and not just meat to melee

Heres my theory. Remember when elemental warding was first iterized and it was 6% damage reduction from everything ?

Go back to that. Start there. 3 talent points is brutal (2%/4%/6%) but worth it imho. This 4% magic damage is so underwhelming… revert that nerf first.

Then we can look at further buffs to passive DRs or maybe just a 1 minute cooldown that reduces damage by 30% and is usable while stunned.

Wasted prescious talent points for minuscule reduction. Needs baseline defensive buff

maybe. i think passive -6% would help quite a bit, and i’d rather start small and increase the value of the buff than over buff and have to pull back.

You are right. Anything helps in current state. But try to see we need just a passive all around buff to defense by no smaller than 35% baseline. Bonus charges to AS and Spriritwalkers grace. And to be honest the way the shaman base tree is right now I feel conflicted from choosing all the things I really like. Having another talent point soaking ability would hurt all around then help us

Once again qe are talking 2 different worlds. I in this instancr am talking PVE and you in every instance have Arena 3s syndrome where everything at all times must and will be applied to arenas.

And I’m not trying to knock you. It’s who you are.

Would I be thrilled with an immunity to dmg and or cc while doing 300% my normal dmg button or auto heal 75% HP in one button or be able to chain 4 stuns together on any number of targets while doing my full rotation that doesn’t change regardless of if it’s ST/cleave/aoe.

Of course. Who wouldn’t. However that has never been shaman. Jack of all trades master of none. Its what most of us who main shaman like about shaman and keep playin it for. Shaman, especially ele is hardly ever easy mode or face roll. If classes and specs had difficulty levels shaman would be labeled hard.

Its also why at the end of every xpacs all these fair weather shamans flock over beating their chests and 2 weeks into the xpac as soon as they lose all those end of xpac stats and beginning of xpac shaman rears its head they come screaming and crying that their mostest bestest favoritest class that is their long time main they havent really played since WotlK has been ruined.

And yes, wall of text and yes I’m coming off as an A-hole. It isn’t directed at you but just par for another typical shaman xpac. And we wonder why there is a shaman stigma.

With all of this being said, in PVE our dmg isn’t bad and we offer a ton of utility, thiugh none of it is ground shattering. I believe we will be better than we have been the last two xpacs at this point.

yeah but its wild for you to say

“you only think of 3v3 arena” and then follow that with "yes i wiould also like these things in PVE "

While in this thread I am talking pve I also pvp so of course once again why wouldn’t I. However I am capable of seperating the two and realize that with whatever problems ele has in 3v3 they aren’t looking bad in pve.

Ele should always be better in pve than PvP. They aren’t getting hard w keyed every game so their cheap and weak defenses work well in a setting where you only take some damage not all of it