Ele Sham perspective on Mental Dexterity rune -- NEEDS A QOL FIX

warriors have wotlk deep wounds
hunter have pet scaling

Ive been putting thought into this rune and ideas to fix it. Its not a good idea to tie it to SS, because shaman tanks likely wont be using SS this phase.

What about tying it to Flurry stacks?

You get MD when you have flurry procs up?

Would that fix the rune?

1000 times this, and please give ele a ST throughput rune as well.

I am not sure what they should tie it too but most certainly feel bad for the future degenerate ele game play due to this rune. Honestly nerfing it to 10 seconds didn’t make it any less mandatory and in many ways made it significantly worse.

Yeah I was thinking for the “burn” rune, it should say “if only one FS is active, LvB will reset the timer of flameshock”

Thanks for starting this thread Death. I was trying to understand where the RB nerf was coming from, and until I saw this thread about Elemental spec and Mental Dexterity, it made no sense. That said, Blizzard should have found another way around the problem rather than dismantling Vanilla RB.

They also lowered mental dex duration to only 10 seconds so you cant use it anyways without needing to constantly melee weave.

Dude I agree 100% with this post. Nerf Shamans FOR REAL!

Its honestly crazy though.
I mean a bunch of random people in a forum have come up with great ideas.
Yet the games dev themselves need weeks or months to figure this out.

Md porcs off stromstrike only
Burn - now extends or refreshes FS (if i was greedy add a little range XD)

Its not really a melee weave,
We will just macro FS + auto attack and force to use a 1.5 speed dagger
Its just annoying and very clunky and forces us into melee

Ive since changed my mind and think it should be active when you have flurry stacks. Mostly because tanks wont run SS this phase, and that would be crushing tanks to not have access to that rune. They should, in theory, be using flurry though.

That would be deep enough in the tree that ele wont have it, and enh can benefit.

This is a clunky mess just like lake of fire.

Don’t give shamans anything … except a big swing of the nerf bat.

These suggestions would actually nerf ele shaman.

Read bud.

This needs to be looked at further when the other phase 3 stuff calms down. Phase 2 elemental was in a perfect spot. Yes you don’t have to be in melee range but its a big DPS loss if your not.

Lmao. Please direct your shaman hate to enhancement.

Yeah forreal. Ele looking to be one of the worst specs in p3 and we are asking for a 130 SP nerf…