Ele or Balance?

You’re forgetting about one thing.
Critical damage RNG, Shaman’s damage is also toned down because of the extra damage on critical hits.
That layer also applies to Overload.
Overload should be gone and the damage back to the core skill.

Not my question.

How much damage should be tied to RNG? RNG is present in every single class’ damage.

That’s the answer.
Only RNG on base skills should exist like the rest of the classes.

Right now elemental can deal between 4k to 17.5k with a Lighting Bolt depending on RNG.

Ok. So your answer is “0”?

Sorry. Not happening. That would be incredibly boring gameplay.

1 Like

The rest of the classes in the game are like that.

Absolutely wrong.

1 Like

For m+ and raids ele has good aoe with chain lightning and earthquake since every fight in these m+ dungeons are trash mobs.

For an eaiser time if you m+ elemental.

1 Like

Well then tell me which other class in the game has a x% chance for a skill to hit again for 75% of it’s power.

We are talking about RNG in rotations. Nearly every spec has a form of RNG in their rotation.

Obviously only elemental shaman have the elemental shaman mastery…come on man.

1 Like

Outlaw is the big one that comes to mind.

3 Likes

Yeah almost every class has some sort of RNG. Idk what this guy wants

1 Like

No no no, you clearly said there are other classes with the RNG level of Elemental Shaman and I said there are not.
Now go on and tell me, which class suffers from this many layers of RNG.

Which class has a level of RNG which a skill can hit MORE THAN TRIPLE if you get lucky?

The RNG of ele sham…as you pointed out…is 12-13% of their dps.

You want me to find a spec that 12-13% of their dps (or more) is based on RNG factors? Shouldn’t be hard.

1 Like

I think Sieten got shutdown so hard that he’s morphing into a troll. I see this a lot on these forums.

4 Likes

I think hes just arguing to argue now? Its kind of a run around. Its been fun to read but its now getting sad for him.

@Akston, dont feed the terrible troll my gobbo friend

4 Likes

Okay, then go ahead and find me a class with the following ammount of RNG factors:

1. Lightning Bolt critical
  2. Lightning Bolt Overload
  3. Lightning Bolt Overload Critical
  4. Lava Surge critical
  5. Lava Surge Overload
  6. Lava Surge Overload critical
  7. Lava Surge proc
  8. Lava Surge proc overload
  9. Lava Surge proc overload critical
  10. Earth Shock
  11. Earth Shock critical

There, 11 RNG layers on a basic 3 skills rotation.

Anyways. I didn’t mean to go off topic so hard in this thread. I just strongly dislike when people promote a stereotype about elemental shaman that is flat out wrong.

Even in 8.0 ele shams weren’t bad, but the perception made people avoid them. So when they are actually really really good but people still push the same wrong perception, it irks me. So I felt like clearing up some clear misinformation.

That being said. Both balance and elemental bring strong utility, bring strong damage.

In BoD raiding, purely damagewise, ele sham has a slight lead. Balance has a ton going for it though, so don’t just go by that. They both have solid single target and aoe. Depending on how many mobs you are AEing typically defines which one is stronger.

I would also look into off specs. While balance/ele may be your main concern, these specs have both been known to have hard times.

Do you like healing? RestoSham is a godsend in raids, while RestoDruid is godmode in m+.

Do you have any inclination to tank at all?

Melee dps? Both enhance and feral are seen as down right now, but both are absolutely viable for 95% of content. They dps completely differently from each other as well.

3 Likes

Still waiting

1 Like

i have 2 120 ele shaman. a dwarf and an orc. my highest druid is still like 111. ele is just that much more fun than balance, TO ME.

I’m stuck on deciding a KT sham or Druid as well. Don’t have any leather classes currently… we’ll see