Ele or Balance?

Rotation? No. It affects how the class is balanced.
Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst are weaker in Elemental than Restoration because of the Mastery RNG effect.
It should simply be removed.

It’s not the talents, it’s the lack of Mastery. Ele skills are weaker because then can Overload.

Oh. So when you said that mastery procs effect the rotation, you didn’t actually mean that the mastery procs effect the rotation.

I guess I get confused when you say things you don’t mean.

Unless mastery some how applies RNG into the rotation.

The rotation is not changing. The rotation is not suddenly RNG because of mastery procs.

Is the damage? Sure. A little.

3 Likes

So, overloads no longer generate maelstrom?
COOL!
That’s one less RNG aspect.
Too bad Mastery still causes core skills to be weaker because of the RNG element.

…huh?

1 Like

Sorry, my bad then, I didn’t know that Elemental Overload no longer generated any Maelstrom.
When was this patched tho?

So wait…you are complaining about damage again?

Because didn’t you already say…

2 Likes

I guess I’m not processing how a healing spec does better damage (even if it’s early) than a damage spec. But thanks for the advice.

1 Like

This guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about lol and it’s painfully obvious.

When did Elemental Overload get patched so it no longer generates Maelstrom, therefore removing the RNG in the rotation?

Btw I’m complaining about

Elemental Overload has RNG chances of making your attacks be almost twice as strong, that’s why they’re weaker than Resto’s.
Resto is stronger until you get that RNG fiesta ticket.

The core spells for damage are lightning bolt and lavaburst. Elemental get a ton more options (earth shock, stormkeeper, icefury, fire ele, etc), but those don’t really come into play until the 90 and 100 talent row.

In the early game, elemental doesn’t have access to their important abilities, and only must rely on the core spells for most of their damage.

1 Like

You are complaining about a lot of things, mostly wrong, and its hard to keep up at times.

Like SoP.
Fire Ele.
Ele Damage.

Yes. overloads give additional maelstrom. Is that what you are complaining about? This gives you an occasional earth shock. That is barely any RNG at all. Are you complaining that the elemental rotation isn’t brain dead easy, and you can’t line up your entire rotation before the fight even starts?

2 Likes

So, Mastery DOES add RNG into the rotation.
But you said:

So, backpedalling?

I will admit I was wrong and it has a very small impact. I didn’t realize you were complaining about something so small, while being absolutely wrong about everything else.

Is it your turn to admit your inaccuracies?

1 Like

I say you make both. I decided to level an elemental shaman and balance druid.

Honestly you can’t go wrong with either imo. I’m having tons of fun on both.

If you’re making a kul tiras, lorewise they both have cool backgrounds.

Shaman = tidesage
Druid = thornspeaker

3 Likes

@OP. Give the class trials a try too. You may find you like one or the other better and get a better feel on an answer.

But I say again elemental cause Palpatine “UNLIMITED POWAAAAAA” memes

2 Likes

You pretty much broke my post into several small parts so it lacks sense.
Maybe try reading it as I wrote it instead of trying to force your own logic to make it look wrong and lacking knowledge.

`https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zFNdBthp9XT8Ckvb#fight=3&type=damage-done&source=15`

Let’s see.
This is the number one shaman in Warcraftlogs which you sent me.
10.91% of his DPS is RNG based from 38 Overloads counting both Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst. That generates about… 3 Earth Shocks which if my math isn’t wrong(And probably is) makes up another 2% DPS.
12.91% DPS is RNG product from Mastery.

• 3.74% from Fire Elemental (Why even have this thing? Elemental is not a pet class)

First you claimed fire elemental did too much damage and now you’re saying it does so little you might as well get rid of it? LOL

1 Like

Where did I say it does little damage?

Ok. Well now that we completely shifted gears. I will too. Because let us remember…the only reason I linked that is because you stated…

followed by

And after it was shown that fire elemental doesn’t do too much damage…you reply with

So now we are on to this new issue. RNG.

So 12.91% of his damage is “RNG”. That honestly is pretty low. How much damage do you feel should be tied to “RNG”?

2 Likes