Ele or Balance?

When the fat humans come out I may make an ranged dps just unsure if ele or balance. If I recall correctly balance you have to constantly switch between spells depending on if you have the sun or moon? I cant remember it’s been so long but maybe that gets easier as you go.

On the other hand how is ele toolkit as far as pve? Do both bring equal benefits to the group?

Lastly which has the better mogs? I’ve never saw good looking mail.

That was WoD with the eclipse bar IIRC. Current Balance is largely building Astral Power to use on Starsurge (for single target), which gives you a cast of empowered Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike respectively, which you burn to build more Astral Power. Starfall for AOE, decent utility spells especially with Affinities on 30. I feel like both Balance and Ele fill a pretty similar niche for M+, with strong AOE damage, okay self-healing, tank pets in a pinch (helpful for Necrotic week)…Ele Sham might edge out a bit higher because of Bloodlust maybe, though Innervate for healers is also amazing.

I think leather has better mogs than mail but tbh unless you Glyph of Stars your druid you’re going to be staring at the moonkin form anyway.

1 Like

Yeah that I’m not certain on I’m leaning balance > ele because Enhance is the only sham spec I ever tried. Almost throwed bm into this decision but k heard its terrible rn.

Ele is in an amazing spot right now. Great m+ tool kit. Good damage.

1 Like

Im having tons of fun with Elemental. Ive never been able to seriously play Boomkin so I’d fully recommend Elemental

Go Balance.
Elemental can’t be trusted to be working.
Actually, Elemental is terrible right now but it pulls high numbers so the shammy community is silenced.

How is elemental terrible? Specifically.

1 Like

Yeah idk if I would trust this guy. Says ele is terrible with no current raid or m+ experience. Pretty low il too.
Ele is pretty fun. Is it as fun as legion ele? No but it’s still a fun spec to play and is doing very well right now.

What’s the diff between ele and balance?

What would people suggest for leveling druids and shaman?

Mechanically?
RNG fiesta with Mastery and Overloads from Surge of Power, because of these two PLUS extra critical damage the spec’s DPS is completely RNG based.
Same with Lava Burst procs.
Also, huge chunk of damage from Fire Elemental.
No Gust of Wind.
Lack of reliable CC, only stun is a channeled totem that can be destroyed.
Hex is a worse Polymorph, with cooldown.
That’s all I can think about for now.

That’s getting quite personal and stalky. Creep.

2 Likes

As far as shaman, if you are leveling I would go with resto or enhance. I ton of elemental’s abilities are tied to higher end talent rows and you will be lacking a lot until then.

1 Like

I have seen some really good Eles right now. They are in a great place.

Oh yeah, Restoration Shaman deals twice the damage of Elemental Shaman before lv 80.

Mastery is our worst stat. We do not rely on mastery for DPS.

Surge of Power is not the talent suggested any ele sham should be using.

Fire elemental is about 3-4% of my DPS.

It sounds like you may need to brush up a bit on elemental shaman. I suggest the following website.

https://stormearthandlava.com/

2 Likes

This guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about with shamans.
I think shamans just aren’t the right class for you.
Shamans are fun imo and are very versatile. Really helpful to have in a m+

1 Like

Show me.

Still applies RNG into the rotation, might as well delete overload.

Can you get more subjetive, please?

You haven’t even stepped foot in the new raid on your shaman or any m+ this season. How can you possibly give any sort of insight on how shamans are rn?
No point in explaining anything to people like you. You’re gonna complain either way.

1 Like

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/21#boss=2263&class=Shaman

Here are the all time top shaman parses of mythic grong. Probably the closest thing to a single target fight.

Check any of the parses. They all have fire elemental damage around 3% of their total damage.

How does mastery effect the rotation at all? Its completely passive.

1 Like

Wait how? Also is there any lowbie leveling gear besides using heirlooms? I know there are vendors for cata and mop. For some reason my shaman has a dagger and fist weapon…

Resto shaman hit harder with the core spells. Elemental obviously will easily eclipse them, but all their damage talents are in the late rows making early elemental a little weak.