Elder Scrolls

Might want to post here instead, OP. You’re likely going to get moved there or deleted anyway.

1 Like

I play ESO, it’s alright for an mmorpg in terms of creativity etc. has lots of good RP features too that I wish more mmo’s used, though one thing I found weird about it though was the ranged combat from what I can tell it uses a cleverly disguised tap targeting system in which as long as your “crosshair” touches the enemy your Staff/Arrow/Spell will automatically hit the target there are no actual projectiles, the shot can’t hit other characters that get in the middle of your target.

The first zone quests in ESO are miles better than all of BfAs story line.

2 Likes

I am having a GREAT time in ESO. The world is huge, there are players everywhere, the NPC’s actually talk, so many quests I think I could level 5 more toons and never do the same quest twice. There is no sub but I pay for one since it includes a bottomless crafting bag and so many other goodies it feels like they could charge more and it would still be a good deal.

There are soooo many achievements, so many different things to collect. You can do ALL professions and even make furnishings for your house. Housing isn’t cheap but it shouldn’t be. You can get basic housing for a decent price but if you want the big fancy ones it’s big fancy gold or store “crowns” (which makes sense if you aren’t paying a monthy sub right?)

It’s absolutely beautiful and the music is amazing. There is plenty of solo, group and raid content. The community actually helps people instead of insulting them for asking a question.

Long story short, for the first time since Vanilla my sub will lapse in WOW.

5 Likes

Isn’t there supposed to be only one Dragonborn because they’re some legendary hero much like The Nerevarine from Morrowind?

Anyone tried the Warhammer online emulator? Worth messing with?

I just started playing eso a few days ago. Wow sub is cancelled, and even though eso’s sub is optional i bought it. It has many benefits including xp boost unlimited crafting mat space and others. First time in a long time ive felt like a noob again.

You can pretty much be whatever you want. Every class can tank heal or do damage and wear any combination of the armor types. I did a dungeon with a plate wearing sorcerer tank. you can learn all professions, and you can just be a crafter if you want.

Im not going to lie When eso first came out i thought it was complete garbage, because wow was the only mmo i had ever played. Now ive not logged into wow since i started playing ESO.

Stop thinking about and get it you wont regret it. Get the sub too you will need the space for mats.

3 Likes

Hey man, it’s too early to make me do math to figure out which one you played more. Can we keep your /played time in the same unit of measure?

Only in the future. Lore says thousands of years ago, Dragonborn were common enough to establish an entire order of them. The last of them becoming the mummified Dragon Priests.

A lot of people I know are moving to ESO but mostly FF. I played ESO when it came out and felt it was “meh” and stopped playing. I hear it got a lot better though. As for FF I played the first version XI and it was very incomplete and failed and I didn’t want to try the next one because it seemed like a reskin, but I hear its pretty good.

This seems to be one of the two major MMO’s players are moving to now. ESO’s advantages are its pure customization and being any character you want and going anywhere you want as well as the expansions being completely optional and not making you feel like your missing out or being under geared if you don’t buy them. (horizontal content)

The other MMO I would say is taking players from WoW is FF14, I see a lot comments and videos of players saying that FF14 is a much friendlier environment and players are much happier talking to each other and there isn’t as much negativity in that community.

While the PvP is fun, you wont stand a chance until you’re highly geared and atleast Champion Level 500
Which is going to be a lot, and a lot and a lot of grinding.
Which is why I stopped.
Also every class has a meta PvP build, and if you aren’t using it you’re going to get steamrolled by everyone else.
That’s how my ESO experience went atleast.

ESO is awesome aside from the class design.

I hate every class, and their class system in-general.

I had been wondering why I can only ever play ESO for about a month at a time before coming back to Wow, despite loving the living heck out of the game.

It is the classes. WoW classes at their worst are still exponentially better than ESO’s.

I played FFXIV too and have a lvl 50 summoner. The only reason I chose ESO over FFXIV is I didn’t want to play catch up in FFXIV. I’m really glad I did.

i think you can get banned or silenced for offending someone even if you didnt mean to.

What do they have against Marco’s pizza? Is dominoes allowed?

I’m offending someone? Who did I attack…

I tried it and it was okay for a bit. I tried all the classes and a couple were okay, but it didn’t grab me, despite the quests and voice acting being pretty good.

It felt like a pretty generic Elder Scrolls story, and I wasn’t terribly fond of the combat. But the one thing that annoyed me the most was one thing that annoyed me in Skyrim as well. If you aren’t careful you can quickly stockpile a bazillion quests that basically encompass the globe. You have to know how to say “not now” lol.

No idea what zone you are in but everywhere I go there are hundreds of people. Old starter zones, new chapter starter zones, out in the middle of absolutely nowhere people will ride by me.

I like the combat. At first having 5 slots for spells was meh but having the change spells up for different WB, group dungeons, leveling, solo dungeons, delves, etc and being able to just drag new spells onto your bar instead of respeccing is pretty cool.

1 Like

Oh and with the monthly sub you not only get the bottomless craft bag, you get double bag/bank space, all DLC content free, free crowns once a month. Theres more I just can’t think of them all atm lol