Eight World Quests

What other MMO locks max level abilities with timegating?

19 Likes

Player power is still tied to your covenant choice. Unless you get lucky, you still have to choose between aesthetics and gameplay. Nothing is resolved by frequent cov swapping, that was never the issue. Absurd thread.

18 Likes

Hasty rage? I can’t stop laughing at how stupid #PullTheRipcord looks now. Two days of less than two hours is too much for the Casual player?

Man all that doom and gloom from Preach and Bellular is just icing on the cake.

1 Like

It changes the whole frame of the expansion, so yes it does.

It’s a miracle how dense some people are to be unable to understand this.

2 Likes

You seem to have missed the fact that this is what is only datamined so far. We don’t yet know the full extent of cov swapping. Also, it will be more than 2 days for anyone who isn’t casual, because we’ll be swapping multiple times per week.

1 Like

What a great way to make mythic raiders do more dailies and just to prove that meaningful choice only meant 8 wqs. xd

4 Likes

Excuse me. Don’t lump me in with “you guys”. I can care less if we’re locked to one for the entire xpac.

I was pointing out how you conveniently left out that it says in the link that they’re not sure if there will be more to it than just 8 world quests, but since Blizzard said they want it to be hard to go back to a covenant you left, they’re assuming there will be.

Got anything else?

7 Likes

You’re the one who created a thread about the article before you even read the whole thing.

11 Likes

Lol, please respond to the other points I made in my post. Don’t just be snarky when it’s convenient for you.

How? I feel like you’ve created some absurd realities in your head where the min-maxers are out to get you. We have already heard from actual people who have played the beta that covenant locking makes no sense from a lore perspective. You’d have to be dense to still argue that “iT cHanGes ThE WhOle frAmE oF thE eXpAnsiOn”. Like, what?

7 Likes

Seems like a good starting point. Personally I was hoping it would take longer, but, if Blizzard wants people to wait a minimum of 2 days to swap between covenants you’ve already left, I can live with that.

This. Since nobody has been able to actually complete the quest, we have no idea how if it will affect renown which would affect your conduits.

3 Likes

Nothing to do with rage though? It was from laughing so hard that people created a campaign to change the game over content that’s less than three hours long.

I’m dying from laughter.

You fail to acknowledge that it’s not just “3 hours of content.” People will be expected to swap covs multiple times per week if it’s really this easy. There’s also the fact blizz has stated they want covenant swapping to be hard, so we don’t know if there’s more to it than this.

1 Like

Joining a Covenant is about being a part of a new, specific society with a unique position, duties, values, ect in the greater Shadowlands cosmology and the whole concept is built upon it being a singular choice, just like race and class, that will inform your character’s identity the entire time they are in the Shadowlands. Abilities and cosmetics are a couple of parts of that whole. Removing them breaks the concept.

2 Likes

Imagine all the rent that’s owed you from all these people living in your head.

9 Likes

World quests are tedious, not difficult. Get it straight.

3 Likes

At best, they’ll be able to swap three times per week with the current implementation.

It looks like it will take two days - is this correct?

Just salty that your doom and gloom was over eight World Quests and maybe a progress bar grind?

Priorities. #PullThatRipcord AmIRite?

Not exactly, no.