ED Character Profiles 2019

Bumped for rp

1 Like

If there’s one thing my time enlisted in the Kul Tiran Marines have taught me, is that you Kul Tirans sure do love killing Horde! Some of you folk even consider it a bonding exercise.

7 Likes

Name: Robert Fitzsimmons
Title: Lieutenant
Affiliation: Boralus Intelligence, Kul Tiras Marines, Kezan Trade Mercantile
Alignment: Lawful Evil

BRIEF Description:

Fitzsimmons was born in Boralus and from as early as he could remember, all he wanted to do was join the Kul Tiras Navy and help hunt down pirates while seeing the furthest reaches of the world. His dream would come true as he was accepted into the Proudmoore Naval Academy as soon as he came of age.

He was an intelligent young man - with a sharp mind and equally well honed skill with a blade to match. He quickly rose up in the ranks and was honored to be assigned to be first mate aboard the Wave Mistress, one of the lead vessels in the prestigious Third Fleet of Kul Tiras - the same fleet that was under the command of the Lord Admiral’s much beloved oldest son Derek Proudmoore.

When the Orcs invaded, it was Derek’s Third Fleet that would often be at the vanguard of the assaults - and so it was during the Battle of Crestfall at the peak of the Second War that the entire Kul Tiran Navy - including the Third Fleet, sailed full speed into the battle and utterly decimated and out-matched their greenskinned foes.

The Third Fleet, however, would not see the end of the battle. It was taken by surprise and destroyed by the dragon riders of the Dragonmaw Orcs who descended from the clouds. Derek Prooudmoore would die in the battle, along with everyone else in the Third Fleet… with one exception: First Mate Fitzsimmons.

Overcome with grief and survivor guilt, thinking perhaps there was more he could have done to save his ship mates. The loss of his best friends, many of whom he considered family, broke a once strong, proud man. He lived out his last years drinking himself to death as he mourned their deaths. To make matters worse, most of his crew-mates were now cursed with undeath by the Eye of Paleth, a dark artifact which was being transported aboard one of the ships.

Shortly after he had drank himself to death, his body was to be transported back home to Kul Tiras for a proper burial, but the ship that was carrying his remains was attacked by a large Forsaken fleet which had assembled off the coast of Gilneas, and they raised him into Undeath - a fate he had hoped to escape. He feigned gratitude to the Forsaken for “bringing him back”, and once he had convinced them that he would join them, he snuck off to free the crew of the captured Kul Tiran merchant vessel who had been taken prisoner.

Together with the prisoners, they scuttled the Forsaken ship by detonating the powder magazine with some time delayed thorium charges. Him and the prisoners escaped into the fog on row boats, but only a handful of them would make it to shore alive. One of them was a Marine and would help get Fitzsimmons home to Kul Tiras to see if there was any way that he could be helped.

It would be a difficult journey, but the Marine was able to convince one of his commanders that Fitzsimmons could be trusted, and related the story of their harrowing escape from the Forsaken. Fitzsimmons re-affirmed his vows to the Kul Tiras Navy, and swore that he would continue to serve and fight to keep more from suffering the same fate as he - or the same fate as his brothers in the defunct Third Fleet. With a great deal of reluctance, the commanders would allow him to continue serving Kul Tiras, but he could not simply return to Boralus and re-join their ranks. He had to serve in a more discrete capacity - as a spy within Forsaken society, whom the commanders believed were a danger to the world - a powder keg waiting for a spark before they would set the world aflame.

He swore to forever fight the Forsaken so that they do not continue cursing the living and the dead with the same miserable existence he now has to share… the same fate forced upon his old crew mates by the Eye of Paleth and also that of many other unwilling “subjects” of the Banshee Queen. There is no price too high in lives or suffering of Kul Tiras’ enemies to see these atrocities be put to an end.

He sometimes tries to sleep, but always has the same recurring waking nightmare - when he begged adventurers outside the Deepwater Tavern in Menethil Harbor to help him free his crew-mates from their curse of Undeath. The nightmare always seem absolutely real, and always ends the same way - failure. He doesn’t get any real sleep, but his resolve to destroy the Forsaken and end the Curse of Undeath is renewed.

6 Likes

Just arriving in Boralus, I have not had the pleasure of encountering any Marines. Perhaps in the future we will meet on the battlefield fighting the Horde.

((just transferred from WRA to Emerald Dream two days ago)).

4 Likes

Check out the alliance rp discord, links around the forums somewhere. KTM is a solid guild, and a fun group definitely to run with.

3 Likes

Welcome to Emerald Dream! Keep War Mode On. You may see us around tonight as we’ve got some fresh meat we’ll be doing orientation for (sharding permitting).

Gratuitous/Shameless plug of our info:

4 Likes

Bumping since rp is top priority, seriously someone else start bumping this show some care ffs.

1 Like

Name: Laylyn “Gold” LaFae
Title: Guild Tinker
Occupation: Horde Hospital and Medical Insurance Network Associate; Guild Fixer
Specialization: Restoration Shaman
Professions: Engineer; Miner
Affiliation: HAUNT INC
Theme Song:

Brief Description:
My history is of no consequence. It is pretty universal for the Goblin’s that survived my island’s apocalypse during the cataclysm.

Yesterday matters not. Today is where I move to where I wish to be. Tomorrow is where my hard work gets me to my dreams.

Do you know what the greatest primal force of the universe is? It is capitalism. It is pure unfettered capitalism.

Just few years ago, my people lost their homeland and most everything they had. Today, we may very well once again be the richest people on in the world.

It is opportunity that drives us. We chase that golden carrot. We dream that impossible dream. We work our goblin butts off.

Some succeed. Some fail. Some get blown up. Some get rocketed into the sky screaming. Some get de-atomized.

In the end though, we goblins all have skin in the game. As a matter of our nature, we all push faster, harder, and longer than any other group.

You don’t worry about failure. The most successful will fail several times, try again, and push past it. Don’t be fooled into thinking otherwise.

You don’t worry about fear. The most successful know fear, adjust the odds as best possible, and push past it. Don’t be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Anything is possible when you can accept reasonable risk and face your fears. My people alone are proof of that. Don’t be fooled into thinking otherwise.

A decent chance of success is all we ever ask for. The universe after all, gives no one any true guarantees. Anyone telling you otherwise is really just a con artist.

By the way, I have a lead. Medical assistance for battlegrounds and city defense are a real premium these days. I am making a killing as a healer off of the insurance.

I would monopolize, but there is no way I could keep up with the workload. Seriously, as long as peace doesn’t break out, it is a sure thing…

4 Likes

Name: Nahkona Bloodtotem
Title: Stormcaller (or farseer)
Affiliation: Bloodtotem tribe, Redwood tribe, Highmountain tribe
Alignment: usually neutral but has teetered back and forth in his days. Now he mostly looks out for himself.

BRIEF Description: one of the few Bloodtotem who didn’t drink the felblood and managed to take refuge in Thunder Totem. He’s very aggressive for a Tauren because the tribe raised brutal, aggressive warriors and weakness was frowned upon. He has a fascination for electricity because of the power it holds. Also not very fond of goblins, he believes their greed has damaged the earth mother in many ways. The only thing he is close to is his pet owl he rescued on his travels.

6 Likes

bump

/10char

1 Like

Relgulnar Doombringer
Blademaster
Grunt of Soulshatter Clan
Thrall’s Horde, Soulshatter Clan
Chaotic Good

Relgulnar is the polar opposite of his brother, he fights and believes in honor. He believes he can redeem his Clan for their terrible deeds and preserve what honor remains. Though he may have a code of honor, he is never one to back down from a fight, in fact he embraces it. The battlefield is his true home, and if his death was to benefit the horde or clan for the better then he would gladly die for them.

5 Likes

Shamzakel the Manslayer
title: Blademaster
Affliliation: Blademasters of Durotar
Alignment: Neutral

After the destruction of the legion, Shamzakel felt he had no place in the world of azeroth for he is a weapon to be used. After meeting with Lantresor of the Blade and seeing his differences made him an outcast with his people yet still became strong enough to become a leader of orges. That day Shamzakel wanted to become a blademaster. Learned to honor ones blades, honor ones ancestors, and honoring one’s opponent.

3 Likes

Name: Låylyn LaFae
Title(s): High Priestess
Occupation: Horde Hospital and Medical Insurance Network Associate; Guild Diplomat
Specialization: Discipline Priest
Professions: Alchemist; Cook; Herbalist
Affiliation: HAUNT INC
Alignment: Lawful Good when in Holy Specialization / Lawful Neutral when in Discipline Specialization / Lawful Evil when in Shadow Specialization
Theme Song:

Brief Description:
Lordaeron fell. The corrupted Arthas Menethil was at our gate. The supposedly invulnerable magical defenses collapsed.

The Scourge wiped out most of my people. The Scourge scarred most of my homeland. The Scourge destroyed the Sunwell.

In one horrific moment, my people lost the Light of the Sunwell. We lost the warmth and protection we depended on.

As a priest, the loss was even more personal. For me, ever since I was a child, the Sunwell felt like a direct manifestation of the Light itself. For me, it was no less Holy in nature than the Elune touched sacred Moonwells of my Night Elf cousins.

Yet despite our faith, in that moment, the Sunwell was corrupted. Darkness fell us all, both physically and mentally.

I was not alone in this point of view. I know that Lady Liadrin went through a similar crisis of connection and faith. There were many others as well.

Hope was lost. My people almost went extinct.

In the end, there was a choice to survive or die. The Blood Elves chose to fight back.

We joined the Horde. We followed to Outland and helped win the Burning Crusade. We reignited the Sunwell, as both as a source of the Arcane and the Light.

With the new Sunwell ignited, we avenged the original. We traveled to Northend and helped defeat the Lich King.

The adventures did not end there. We stopped the Cataclysm. We discovered new lands.

We saved an alternate timeline Draenor. Finally, we helped defeat the Legion, and saved countless worlds. You would have thought all this Titanic effort would have brought peace, but it never really did.

If I am honest, you never forget being a child of the Sunwell and watching it fall. You learn that as good as the light is, like any magic, it will not always save you. Ninety percent of my people had died to the Scourge from that kind of misguided faith.

If I am honest, there is a paradox in fearing the darkness and thinking it is only bad. For there are times that these dark powers have actually been used to save our world. My people only managed to survive by embracing some of that darkness.

Philosophers and Priests can tell you that the universe we touch is a made up of a light side and a dark side. Though they might disagree on the how, they all agree these forces help bind the universe together. As a Discipline Priest, most of my life these days is trying to balance these two sides of the same coin.

This striving for balance has had good things. This striving for balance has also unlocked untold nightmares.

While attempting to destroy the Legion, I unknowingly held the old god Xal’atath within my hand, as the underestimated intelligence behind the Blade of the Black Empire. Being drawn into the vast undertow of her manipulative whispers, I have been cursed to know many of the horrors in the great dark cosmic void.

I have struggled. I continue to do so. I pray I have kept my sanity.

However, I have touched that great darkness. Because of this, I know the other great cosmic horror that lies beneath the waves, struggling to free itself.

One cannot unsee what I have seen. One cannot know the dangers to our world and not strive to face them.

One day soon, hope will be lost. One day soon, the people of this world will be in danger of extinction.

In the end, there will be a choice for the people of this world to survive or die. Once again, my people will chose to fight back…

4 Likes

By the power of RP I bump this thread!

2 Likes

That is a great introduction to your character. I loved it.

2 Likes

Name: Franzis Benedikt
Title: Prime Governor
Affiliations: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Argent Crusade, The Horde, Redwood Tribe & The Desolate Conclave
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Franzis Benedikt is a male undead human somewhere in his 30s known for his skills as a healer.

Benedikt learned Orcish in life while reluctantly working as a healer in Durnholde Keep following the Second War. He never quite mastered the tongue and even in undeath still speaks it with a notable Alteraci accent.

The history of Benedikt’s unlife is checkered and mysterious. No formal documentation of early involvement with the Forsaken exists, however an Apothecary and Void Priest of a similar description working with the Defilers was marked as MIA in Arathai. Some months later though Benedikt appeared in the Plaguelands working as a Cleric with the Argent Dawn.

Benedikt’s service with the Argent Dawn continued throughout the Crusade against the Lich King. Benedikt served in both Zul’Drak and Icecrown during the war where he eventually achieved the rank of Crusader and participated in the final assault on Icecrown Citadel.

With the Crusade successfully concluded Benedikt returned to the Plaguelands for a time until the Forsaken invaded Gilneas. Benedikt then repatriated himself with the Forsaken and served as a war cleric and field apothecary during the conflict. Afterwards he returned to Tirisfal in a civilian capacity, working in Deathknell as a councilor and spiritual advisor to newly risen Forsaken.

Benedikt would remain in Deathknell until the most recent Legion invasion, where he stepped out of retirement to aid Horde forces once again. After the disastrous initial assault on The Broken Shore Benedikt joined up with the Conclave in Netherlight Temple, banding together with holy men and women of many other stripes to defeat the Legion.

After the Legion’s final defeat at Argus Benedikt returned briefly to Tirisfal before abruptly relocating to Mulgore. In Mulgore Benedikt worked as a pro bono healer, ingratiating himself with the locals and eventually becoming an advisor to the Chieftain of the Redwood Tribe.

Most recently Benedikt again relocated his residence to Orgrimmar during the current war between the Horde and Alliance. Here Benedikt founded The Desolate Conclave - an organization determined to see to the welfare of Forsaken displaced by the Battle of Lordaeron.

Update, since I saw some other people posting them here’s some theme song options for Benedikt

General Theme w/out lyrics

General Theme w/ lyrics

Theme for all Apothecary shenanigans

4 Likes

Huh another vaguely German character with a penchant for science with Franz in the name. Couple more and we could start a boy band.

1 Like

High Lord (GM) of the guild Elves of the north. for more see

3 Likes

Name: Kessil Dawnfury
Title: ((currently doesn’t have one))
Affiliation: Illidari
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Kessil was sent to train with Illidan by Kael’thas Sunstrider to become a demon hunter. He is power hungry and greedy, often only looking out for himself. He is an Illidari loyalist and when not hunting demons he is fulfilling mercenary contract picked up in the cities.

Kessil’s inner demon is an imp, which shows in his personality, he is often labeled as a trickster or making wisecracks. Due to being bound to the imps soul he has an affinity for fire and destruction. The imp soul is also very selfish and looks out for itself, which is where Kessil gets the greed and selfishness from.

(( as of right now this is all I have, if you see me in game feel free to interact. Kessil also accepts mercenary contracts if you need jobs done whether it be protection or to procure items))

3 Likes

Name: Mokalyn Wildmane
Title: Honorguard
Affiliation: Redwood Tribe
Alignment: Loyal to High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof, and to Chieftain Abrahof Ragetotem. My loyalty to the Horde is strong until directed not to follow.
Tribe first, horde second.

BRIEF Description:
Mokalyn follows her chieftains without question. Her loyalty is aligned with her family and tribe. She resides in a tent in Mulgore with her mate, Lohkawas Wildmane. How Mokalyn met the Skyhorn tribesmen brings a big ol’ smile to her.

Lohkawas with his large antlers got them stuck in a wall of a cave where a bear was sleeping. After taking her shield and slamming Lohkawas’s chest to knocking him free the noise woke up the bear. Mokalyn was forced to take the bear’s life which did provide a nice hide for clothing, and meat for Lohkawas’s tribe. Earth Mother provides in some of the strangest ways.

Shortly after that Lohkawas met up with some Pandarens to train as a monk. I was not sure if being up high on a platform was a wise thing for Lohkawas. While he was learning the art of monks, he rolled off the platform in the river I was fishing in. I had been following Lohkawas to keep an eye on him. I thought he was rather beatific. I am sure An’she was guiding me that day because Lohkawas fell right in front of me.

To this day, I still laugh at the fact that Lohkawas could not swim, and flapped like a drowning dodo bird in the sand. I reach down and grabbed the Skyhorn tribesmen by the shirt and pulled him up to a standing position. The water was about chest high.

Twice I had saved that Skyhorn tribesmen, and twice he made me smile and laugh. I decided he would be my mate. I invited him to Mulgore where he took on my surname so others would know him to be mine. I taught him how to read and write our language. Lohkawas could not get enough and sought other teachers in the Horde community.

No matter how far he wanders, I am usually not far behind keeping an ever watchful eye on him or have others watch his back. Lohkawas believes that everyone deserves a chance. I, on the other hand, will hit first and ask later. I do not trust the alliance nor their allies. An’she guides me and shows me the way. I am a sunwalker and I follow the light.

7 Likes