Ectoplasmic distiller going to stay how it is?

To be fair, you chose the wrong item regardless.

1 Like

From content 15 years old? Yes, google will tell the merits of every quest reward and allow them to pick what they want. Google will flat out tell them “99.9% of people say X is the best option”, then they pick one that they want.

This is all side tangent if this thread is meant to be about why a quest item that’s meant to be temporary was changed. It was changed as a result of players intentionally leaving the quest incomplete so they can hoard the item. They were hoarding the item to use it for an unintended amount of utility in the form of threat generation.

How is that in any way relevant to what you think is the best quest reward for whichever quest? How is it relevant to the blue post explicitly stating that quests are meant to give incentive to complete them? Does your brain function properly?

well easy way to remove world buffs is to get 32 people to drop 1 of these each at the entrance of any raid and anyone that walks through these will lose all buffs/flasks/consumes instantly.

thanks for the “fix” blizzard, now we can grief world buffs and consumes on PVE servers, yes you don’t even need to be flagged.

Thanks blizz for the extra “fun”!

How is that in any way relevant to what you think is the best quest reward for whichever quest? How is it relevant to the blue post explicitly stating that quests are meant to give incentive to complete them?

You can’t see why a quest reward from a level 50 quest being used for an obviously unintended exploit (when do warriors normally equip +healing gear?) that greatly affects raid content should be fixed? Yes, it’s not exactly the same thing as not turning in a quest, but similarly to how you shouldn’t be permanently crippled from turning in a quest, picking the wrong quest reward at level 50 shouldn’t permanently cripple you in end game raid content either.

Also, why do you end every post with an insult or personal attack? Are you doing okay?

6 Likes

a player can choose to not complete the quest and keep the Distiller or complete the quest and go for the rest of the set. It’s a choice although less obvious than a simple quest reward but that’s the charm of classic. Things are not always obvious.
The same for people who created an undead warrior and either live with being sub-par dps and tanks or pay the 5000g tax for edgemasters.

Or maybe you can hand in your Rend head to continue your Ony quests but you didn’t know it has a 3 hour cooldown so you dont get your 60 minute buff which is part of the quest reward.

There are always choices to make in classic that make you and your character unique which is why people often love the classic toons more than their retail ones.

If the change is because of trivialising mechanics, lets be a bit consistent and look at other things that effect PvE content like world buffs, weapon skill, boosting etc.

If the change is because it restricts quest progression and choices lets look at other issues where quest rewards, items or hand ins are one time only with a very large impact on your character and others.

1 Like

Forums: Should thing be nerfed?
Blizzard: Yes, we will nerf.
Forums: BUT WHAT ABOUT THESE OTHER THINGS?

Blizzard: No, this is how it was in vanilla.
Forums: Typical Blizz doing as little as possible.

Blizzard: …
Forums: Where’s the communication!?

8 Likes

I think the issue here is that Blizzard never made it clear on how they determine whether something should be nerfed or not.

Ectoplasmic distiller existed in the reference client but it is nerfed, while a number of other game breaking items/interactions are not nerfed.

7 Likes

That’s not up to you. There’s a warrior tank walking around right now with a Fury Visor and an Ony Trinket who 100% believes that they’re the business; and no matter how many people mock them for their choices, they’ll still feel good about their choices. THAT’S THE POINT. THAT’S CALLED PLAYER AGENCY. That’s the rewarding feeling for completing the quest. It’s your own terrible attitude that would brand them as “wrong” in their choices. You don’t get to decide that.

Calling someone stupid when they say stupid things is like calling water wet. It shouldn’t need further explanation.

it also shouldn’t be your decision, or even Blizzards, to decide that not completing a quest is the wrong way to play.
Give players the freedom to make choices and if some have a fun experience using niche mechanics leave them be especially when it is true of the Vanilla game

2 Likes

By definition it is the wrong way to do a quest because the quest is never completed. It is completely Blizzard’s decision because it is their game and they have full freedom and authority to alter anything and everything they want within that game. Try to log in right now and see how much distiller threat does not work; then put on that diamond flask set and see how much that +heal coefficient is still in full effect.

Do you know why the game is working this way? Because Blizzard said so.

Did you really just say that anything happening in WoW shouldn’t be Blizzard’s decision? How do I become as delusional and entitled as you? What special training will give me enough brain damage to achieve your enlightened state of smoothbrain?

Blizzard can make the game however they want. What i said is they can’t decide how people want to play it.
If i buy a Ferrari, Ferrari can build the car however they want. They can’t tell me how to drive it though, that’s my choice.

Saying we are fixing Distiller because that’s how people need to do that quest is removing the sandbox element of this amazing game

2 Likes

Yes they can. Yes they absolutely can. Have you ever played WoW before?

I’m sure highway patrol will feel the same way.

It’s removing an exploit that undermines the foundation of grouped PvE content.

Please stay in school.

2 Likes

Maybe I want my Ferrari to do grocery shopping on the weekend. Maybe its to race on a racetrack. Maybe it’s just to sit in my garage so I can look at it. None of those choices are anyone else’s but mine.
Should I choose to leave my Ferrari in the garage because that’s what I want, I would still be unhappy if Ferrari came and removed the engine because they didn’t intend for their car to sit on show.

If we want to bring up undermining group PvE content then we need to also talk about the state of world buffs, boost levelling and other powerful items with clearly non-intended utility that could also be labelled as exploitive behaviour.

Right. Ony neck, ony ring, or ony trinket.

Weird choice to remove the engine if the intent is that the car be driven.

We did. Distiller was orders of magnitude worse than world buffs. Distiller makes player threat generation obsolete. It’s also carried around in the bag and always available to the player.

World buffs are a hassle to gather. They last 2h or 1h. They go away if you die. If your raid night goes beyond 2h, they’re all gone.

Are you done being silly?

You can reply to this but not to the countless threads about the collusion that’s tearing apart the Classic community?

I agree with the sentiment and I also agree you did the right thing, but I have a few questions regarding the choices made.

I mean, isn’t that kinda counter to several things in Vanilla like the furbolg transoform rod, and stuff like that?

Alright, what then about things like Diamond flask, and yeah I know its been a dead horse kicked up and down the road, but really its kinda in the same category of things that

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply!!!

so the 2 hour double damage, God mode, infinite mana exploit is fine but unlimited threat is not. Got it!

1 Like

While world buffs are powerful, are you really claiming they double your damage or activate god mode or give someone infinite mana?

I think the reasoning for the blue is a bit messed up, since people who chose the helm over diamond flask are now “punished” for making the wrong choice in the same way this item punished you for turning in a quest. If diamond flask would get nerfed, that helm is actually quite a good 1k cheaper alternative to lionheart helm for glass-steroid warriors. But why pick that over something as powerful as diamond flask.

1 Like