Echoes of Ny'alotha Changes

From what i understand this is working as intended. But i’m posting it here because i’m pretty annoyed if this is infact how this feature is going to work.

My main character has not been able to earn Echoes of Ny’alotha since they were introduced to the game back in mid March. This is because i have earned all the rank 3 essences with that character. My alts earn them and have purchased essences, but my main character currently sits at 1.3k no essences to buy.

This would have been all fine and dandy. Except now that Echoes of ny’alotha are now going to be worth more than pandemic TP.

At the very minimum i should have been earning 400 a week, and should sit at roughly 4k. MINIMUM. I estimate i should have actually earned atleast 10k.

So i get to start at a relative deficit because i my character has been unable to earn a currency.

This seems highly unfair and unbalanced.

5 Likes

The Devs do not come to any of the Support Forums for feedback & the Support Forum Agents here are not liaisons to them.

So, if you wish to provide constructive feedback, then you will need to submit it through the proper channels.

General Discussion forum can be used as a catch-all for feedback that doesn’t have a better fit in another forum.

4 Likes

If your main has all the rank 3 essences, why does it need echoes? You would only get them if one of your other characters has a rank 3 that your main does not. That is all that they buy. Rank 3 of an essence if another character already has the essence. You would not get access to rank 3 essences that you haven’t earned on at least one character.

If your main has all your rank 3 essences then your main has no use for them. You have no deficit.

1 Like

I think they are referring to the upcoming changes later this week.

I hadn’t seen that when I posted. Until that Hotfix is live the old rules still apply. I think Blizzard is unlikely to retroactively give players Echos. Historically Blizzard hasn’t done this when they made changes to other currencies.

4 Likes

Oh, I agree.

But since the drop rate and the vendor prices are both being increased at the same rate (factor of 5), I don’t think those who haven’t been earning them (this character included) will be behind the curve at all.

I am in the same boat.

1 Like

Same; You also got reamed, like myself, if you BOUGHT the other ones so they’d show up for your alts (my Hunter went and looked, only seeing Coalescing flame/whatever that I had, but upon (this blood DK) purchasing the DPS ones (which I never play) the Hunter also saw those.)

So I spent that LARGE amount of Echoes, to ream myself and then be capped at 750 of them and unable to earn more (in fact, Mother was closed to me since there were no other essences I could buy from her.)

Very. In other threads, I’ve heard of people with level 120 alts who have as many as FIFTEEN THOUSAND echoes on their main, since it kept earning them (never buying out stuff for the other specs/alts.)

I’ll also submit to system/help/suggestion (or whatever) in game. My suggestion would be that if they are going to REAM me, that next time they explain this ahead of time so we don’t (in good faith), mess ourselves up by buying the other off spec (that we don’t even use) rank 3 essences so our alts can see them.

Have you not heard? Rank 3 of Twilight Devastation/whatever is 15 K echoes, to put on “whatever.” Those of us who got reamed, are as many as 15 K behind.

Agreed, HOWEVER there is a difference:

This is INCREDIBLY RECENT, from one thing to the other. It is within the space of a COUPLE OF WEEKS; so call me paranoid, but how could they NOT have known they were doing something like this and warned us? A simple:

"Oh, by the way, I’d not open up and get all the essences you can on your main, for your alts. Spending those echoes will then lock you out of Mother, since you have no more essences to get, AS WELL as PREVENTING YOU FROM EARNING MORE ECHOES; you won’t like that, with a possible change we may be implementing… :wink: "

By the way, since the echoes went in and I bought them out for my alts (the essences, on Mother, unbeknownst to me locking her out and locking me at 750 echoes:)

• Multiple WQ’s, in fact as many as six paragon caches worth.

• AT LEAST keeping up with Horrific vision, for the weekly cloak resist

• Doing assaults at least a couple times a week, for the stuff to do the Horrifics.
    (If that would get me more of them, I forgot if it does.)

I would conservatively estimate I missed out on at least THOUSANDS of echoes, which I would have had to purchase corruptions with this change.

Actually NO, hence the IRONY:

My alts don’t have enough echoes, hardly having been played, to BUY any of them; this character just went ahead and unlocked them, for my alts, since Blizzard did not say ANYTHING about that stopping you from gaining echoes OR this coming change. So I actually reamed myself, FOR NOTHING! :wink: If I had ignored Mother, not spending those echoes, THEN I could have been ready to buy corruptions AND eventually unlock those for my alts if they ever had enough echoes to bother.

1 Like

You gained a huge benefit from the fact that your main HAD all rank 3 essences, in that your alts were able to get all of those essences easy mode.

You are still coming out far far ahead of the people who spent time earning rank 3 essences on their alts prior to echoes. That was unbalanced and unfair.

1 Like

I am not understanding your complaint. You never played your alts so they didn’t get essences nor echoes. That isn’t a problem with the system. The ability to earn the essences in a fraction of the time was there.

And how did you lose out by doing that?

What echoes? It sounds like you didn’t earn any.

1 Like

I agree, this is absolute trash. From the beginning this currency was shoe-horned in, making the user login and log out of each character for their database to assess currency eligibility is terrible programming. They should have let all characters collect the currency cause what’s the harm in that. Now we have a system where like others have said, normal game play on a main awarded some 12-15k Echoes of Ny’alotha where as I started patch day with a big fat 0 because I did all the work ahead of time. By my estimation, it would take 3 weeks to even catch up to those folks that were getting the currency on their mains the whole time. I’ve spent months playing and not getting ‘lucky’ with corruption to now be even further frustrated with a feeling of being behind.

The only viable option to catch up would be to hunker down with the 11 hours worth of Horrific Visions I can run, but of course that’s not really catching up because those that were collecting the currency previously can most likely do the same thing and be sitting at 30k Echoes of Ny’alotha.

Very disappointing Blizzard. Quit alienating massive portions of your players.

1 Like