Easy nerf to corruption?

What if they made it so you can only stack 2 of the same kind of corruption? What are your thoughts arena forums? Would this fix anything or would it be just as bad?

6 Likes

2 haste, 2 vers, 2 crit, 2 mastery

hmm idk…sounds like a destro buff

13 Likes

What if, all rank 3s didnt exist… and it was only rank 2s at the cost of a rank 3 so the whole system wasnt so game breaking in all forms of content?

I mean and be left with what?

2x r3 Tentacles + 2x rank 3 whatever

Why haven’t people realized this is your content?

BFA is entirely essence/corruptions/azerite and is why class design is non existent.

You take out all that character customization you have these hollow classes and the outlier specs that have some how maintained the one or 2 over the top gimmicks they’ve had that others had pruned

1 Like

I think it would be doable if they just halved all the values of the corruptions. The system would be more agreeable if they hadn’t messed up the currency and or limited the number of corruptions you could purchase a week - making 1-2 the only amount the vendor held or something. Either way with time the corruptions still would be a bit ridiculous but halving values or instanced half values could be reasonable imo. Might seem like a lot but a lot of azerite traits are nerfed significantly. Who knows.

The problem still lies in most classes require corruption to do actual damage.

Every time you finish a game 2100+, Lash of the Void is doing 1mil damage, gushing is doing 800k, tentacle is at 450k, etc Without these “buffs” games would never end and you’d have double DH mana burn dampeners.

The only fix I see at this point in time, is to disable corruption completely in rated PvP and provide a spec specific buff that increases damage and/or healing done by X and Y%.

Ion said on twitter today, while for a different topic,

“We have no desire to break the way Fire (or other specs) have played for months.”

While it doesn’t directly apply to pvp, I assume they won’t do any knee jerk changes to pvp with only 5 months left to the expansion. :frowning:

1 Like

There really isn’t anything they can do to balance universal essences/corruptions. Classes are imbalanced so no matter what they do, the better classes will always benefit more from them. It’s clear that class hotfixes are needed and I think we’ll see them soon.

Would that be worse than them stacking straight mastery?

Not sure, i just know chaos bolt benefits from every stat.

I mean it would just widen the gap between destros vs every other spec lolxd

my lava burst hits 30k with badge/surging/insignia and skyfury down 30k on 515k lifepools

I can do 17% of someones HP every 2 mins with Guaranteed crits hitting 20% harder with ~5k additional intellect, in PvE the same modifiers would make it hit 98k

My earth shock without azerite will do 40k

Lol

seems like a nerf destro problem. if this fixes everything else and exposes destro being just insane over everything else I think blizzard should take that into account and hotfix something on destro

not saying my solution is a fix all 900iq plan. just saying if destro is the only problem with it, seems like there is a solution to that

1 Like

tfw classes in cata were hitting harder than this on 130k healthpools.

3 Likes

i actually meant the opposite

Do you mean buff everything else then? Cuz I find that highly unlikely for them to do. If not what are you advocating for?

Would prob just see two each of 12% amp, 9% amp, t3 proc, t2 proc, etc. I’d prefer them just letting the circus act play itself out out into SL.

Every class that doesn’t have a trash mastery would be fine. Rip ele Lmao

1 Like

Again easy fix. Just one of each type. So you could have a 9% and a 12% but not more than that for vers

There’s a 6% one too but I get your point. Do you want them all nerfed, or are you just saying if something is going to be done do it like this?

also chaos bolt dmg reduced by 50% in pvp instances. /drool