Easy fix for skeletons

Going to miss seeing a pile of skeletons in dangerous zones and areas.

I like the idea of adding a randomized rotation to the skeletons XY anchors.

6 Likes

It was the only reason given:

A: While we understand that this was a flavorful part of Original WoW and the earlier expansions, individual players leaving multiple player corpses and skeletons throughout the game world can lead to behavior such as spelling out advertisements, hate speech, and other negative messages. As such, this will not be a part of WoW Classic.

So control the narrative. Don’t make it about the ‘messages’. Don’t insult the anti-skeleton crew, get them on your side. If everyone came together the chances of a change would skyrocket.

Make it about the battle field and focus on that. Let them realize the disdain for the change isn’t about the reasons they did it, but because of the absence of something everyone loved.

Honestly, at this point if it was to change I have a feeling the first thing that would happen would be someone being an idiot and spelling something out. It’s been hyped so much, I don’t see them changing it any time soon.

Good luck though guys and gals!

2 Likes

It was done with skeletons. A lot of times.

This is a good idea and probably easier to implement than a checkbox.

Your previous post sounded like you were referring to hate speech specifically. And as you see gold sellers were listed as well. People are focusing on the hate speech part of it and insulting others. Granted people on the other side are doing the same now too.

1 Like

Yeah if they change it back at this point people will be make them rue the day they reversed the decision.

Ok cool, people that don’t care require no attention. And people that do care, get addressed. Win win, right?

1 Like

They could also make it so under level 10s don’t leave skeletons. And as for corpse writing, maybe same thing, they log out with user or no account can have more than 3 corpses on the ground.

I don’t think the AMA was totally clear. I’m pretty sure this CHANGE effects skeletons and corpses.

As for why something should be done, players like me demand mailbox gnomes!

3 Likes

The idea of rotating the skeletons would fix the issue I believe. But the path of least resistance being what it is…

5 Likes

Nah, watching those L’s rack up for the no changers is amusing.

So, you’re a troll. Cool. #lifegoals

3 Likes

It’s cool/neat to see bones everywhere. Especially after a faction raid on a town. If you missed the raid. You can still see that it happened by all the casualties. But, I am not outraged by the change and not gonna make 50 wall of text threads about it 5 days before launch.

It was brought up long before and blizzard gave their reasons

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you. Was just curious as the change has caused a visceral response from some.

It’s not about the obscenities, it’s about the gold selling advertisements. In retail, I have no memories of people spelling out racial slurs while I have plenty of gold selling sites writting their website. Blizzard mentioning the obscenities is just an appeal to morality beside the real reason.

@Manhammer: Didn’t mean to respond to you specifically, I must’ve hit the wrong button.

3 Likes

Both solutions would work, and would not be hard to do.

3 Likes

It might be about China.

The WotLK release in China was delayed by a very long time. Because Blizzard had to remove all bones in the game to fully comply with Chinese culture and laws.

Blizzard also changed a number of Hearthstone cards to remove blood and bones fairly recently. While Blizzard denies the change was for China… These are specifically things that China’s government does not like to appear in video games. (blood & bones) More importantly, having these things in your game can result in an official ban of your game in China.

It’s also probably not a coincidence that China’s largest video game company owns 10% of Blizzard.

1 Like

I have tried not to personally attack anyone over this, it just seems like such an easy simple fix to me. The random corpse rotation idea the other person mentioned would be like a single line of code. The checkbox not much more since they have the updated client. Making it so level 10’s and below don’t leave corpses would also be a deterrent.

2 Likes

and even easier fix is to limit the time on them just as blizzard did

I wasn’t specifically meaning you were attacking folks. I was using people to be vague and not all inclusive. I do apologize if you felt I was specifically calling you out.