Easy fix for skeletons

Just add a checkbox in options to disable them. People that get easily offended or annoyed at messages that could be on the ground click the box and it limits corpses like they currently have it. Unchecked it’s just like vanilla. Everyone is happy.

19 Likes

This would cost money and they don’t care that much

2 Likes

I honestly do not understand the outrage at the skeleton change. To each their own i suppose.

1 Like

Everyone I’ve met that says they don’t understand actually just disagree or don’t care.

They aren’t the same thing.

Skeletons are non issue. Onto the next bandwagon

I don’t necessarily understand their reasoning behind it. They say it’s to stop spelling out gold sites and hate speech. But that was never done with skeletons in the first place. It was done with whole bodies…each part of each letter a different character.

Bring back the skeletons!

11 Likes

An individual no longer leaving multiple skellies around is a non issue to me personally, but that doesn’t change the fact I don’t get it. If it was left in ok, but I’m ok with the change. It doesn’t really change game play any. If a big battle happens there will still be lots of skellies around unless all those people respawned and died again. And you are worried about being ganked well always be wary on a pvp server. Maybe i just view that as in game life coming from roaming the frontiers in daoc.( my first mmo)

If a 10v10 fight rages for hours, it will produce the the same number of skeletons, potentially, as a quick run in. People don’t like that.

5 Likes

Many dont care either.

It kind of does though. You could use corpses as a gauge for the activity in an area. It was a feeling you got running around a corner and seeing a bunch of corpses. The dread in your gut. In my entire time playing WoW I only saw it abused one time and it was a bunch of people having fun outside org.

2 Likes

Even better - have an algorithm that checks for position and rotation of nearby bodies then randomizes the placement of the new body in such a way so it doesn’t form letters or anything offensive.

14 Likes

The pro-skeleton crew would make a lot more of an impact if they didn’t make it about what could be spelled with them while subtlety insulting people who don’t want to see racist verbiage as being ‘sensitive’ if they just focused on how cool everything looked while a huge PVP battle was going on.

Catch more flies with honey, not vinegar. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It was abused frequently enough I remember it. Especially in org. Anyone remember why they removed it in retail?

I’ve seen this suggested all over the place and I can’t think of a reason it wouldn’t work other than “it takes effort to implement”.

2 Likes

I can remember Susan express sacrificing many gnomes to use it to advertise their web address in Ironforge.

2 Likes

if they didn’t make it about what could be spelled with them while subtlety insulting people who don’t want to see racist verbiage as being ‘sensitive’

I get your frustration but they are focusing on that because that was the very reason it was changed. Because they could be used to spell messages. So when they use that as a talking point, that’s why.

2 Likes

People get offended way too easily now. It’s becoming really really sad

9 Likes

Actually it was only part of the reason listed. Some Folks are just ignoring the rest so they can insult people. Not everyone, but a decent amount.

Things worth doing usually do.

3 Likes

its not outrage at the skeleton change per-se it is the idea that stuff is quietly being changed from the original it blurs lines as to where we need to stop. People want the original warts and all.

4 Likes