Easiest tank to get into M+ with?

I’m wanting to get into tanking m+ and I’m wondering, other than Druid, what is the easier tanks to start learning how to do m+?

i think all of then are to hard , i like protestin paladins , there goodjob , i donot get bloods , wanna get me do a blood stripe ? how bout u put ur blood in UR body i do not wantit ! to many blood it get gross , aint nobody need alotta blood every were .

6 Likes

Honestly, you can play any tank you want. The one you enjoy playing and put time into really learning is going to be the one you have fun and progress with. If you keep changing tanks based on what others say is easy or flavor of the month you’re going to have a harder time imo.

1 Like

All of they are good, it doesn’t really matter. But the one you enjoy most will be the best because you will be playing your best :slight_smile:

But if you don’t care about your own emotions then warrior for overall. (Although i don’t like warrior tanking; personal opinion)

1 Like

Probably a DH. I haven’t messed with blood this expansion

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

When I play warrior I get much more aggressive, not sure why but it’s everyone else’s fault if they can’t keep up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Druid is probably the easiest overall for me and Paladin is probably the easiest to look like you know what you’re doing while you’re learning. Blood is probably one of the better ones at high end and I have it on good authority that Demon hunter is boring. I’ve never played it though so no clue.

You need to choose one and stick to it and practice it so that your reflexes and muscle memory will kick in when you need to focus on the mechanics and the situational awareness.

1 Like

Paladin and druid are the easiest to get the hang of.

Druid is the easiest.

DK is probably the best but there’s a bit of a skill curve to it.

Monk is also very strong. Paladin is okay but I wouldn’t run that in pugs unless you know the person that will be healing you as they can just randomly run out of things, fall over and die

Been enjoying blood dk.

Hard to get killed on it and lots of abilities to grp packs

Pallies have better grp wide utility tho

Both do dam too

People sleep on Bm but it’s probably one of the better tanks to learn on. Stagger makes up for a lot of mistakes you will make early on and damage intake is usually really smooth and not spikey like some other tanks. Bm is harder to play at higher levels but if you put in the work it’s a very rewarding tank to play

1 Like

Prot paladin is the easiest to start with. Avengers shield helps a lot.

1 Like

Mechanically, I wouldn’t say any tanks are “harder” or "Easier than others from a tanking, damage, survival perspective. The hard part of being an M+ tank is you are basically the team leader. You pick the route, you set the pace, you need to adjust to mistakes (like pulling extra mobs). Personally you need to know what abilities bosses have that will kill you and make sure you space out your defensives in the fight to be successful. You need to CC/Interrupt the team-wipe casts. But all of that will translate to any tank class you pick.

I think the biggest thing to consider is what coverage you can bring to compliment the people you might be grouping with.

• DK - doesn’t have any dispel coverage, but makes up for it in solo-survival and AMS. Pairs well with a Holy Pally, Priest or MW monk (though you may need a decurse dps like druid, shaman or mage). DK also have battle res. DK also has grip which is a great ability and an extra interrupt.
  • Druid - You have decurse, de-enrage, and battle res. Works great paired with Holy Pally, Priest or MW monk.
  • Pally - You have disease dispel, interrupts for days. Pairs well with R-Shaman; but your team will need a BR from a dps (or engi in a pinch)
  • Brew - You have disease dispel, and high mobility. Pairs well with R-Shaman. Debuffs physical damage taken on mobs so great with heavy melee comps.
  • DH - probably the lowest utility tank. You have a true cheat death, and you have the magic damage debuff so pairs well with a heavy caster team.
  • Warrior - Low utility, no real self healing, but spell reflect can be interesting. This is partly what Warriors struggle a bit to gain traction as meta tanks they simply don’t bring a lot to the table…

If you’re primarily PUGing, I would recommend one of the classes that can remove disease. In both PF and TOP there are diseases that are brutal tank-busters because they lower your HP pool. It’s nice to be able to de-disease yourself instead of typing “OMFG DISEASE HELP!!” while trying to tank with -85% stamina.

pally the interrupts are amazing especially if you plan on pugging where you ain’t in voice.

any tank can with pugging your own groups

It’s absolutely true that some tanks are more or less forgiving than others :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Paladin probably.

If not druid, then probably prot pally.

I don’t think these types of mechanical differences matter past your first 5-10 dungeons. Where you’re still getting used to your rotations. Tank mechanical rotations are very simple. There aren’t any tank classes that you can push your buttons so badly you’ll just die.

I would say a good 70% of tanking skill is just knowing what’s coming and being prepared. Having 1 defensive button as opposed to 2 doesn’t mean anything if you don’t know the boss is about to cast wicked spikes and you don’t press it.

Another 20% of being a good tank is routing and pacing. Having a good route. Being able to improvise adjustments to your route when the range dps body pulls an extra pack. Pacing the dungeon so you pull on pace with your healers ability to keep the team alive, but pulling enough mobs to let your DPS AOE off the chain. Being aware of how certain mobs and certain affixes with change that pace.

The last 10% is mechanical skill. Using the right CDs for the right occasion. Using your utilities (like actually pushing your remove disease buttons). But again that’s just learning your class. And the difference between the “most forgiving” and “least forgiving” is marginal.

1 Like

This is true. BM is very forgiving when you’re just starting out. It doesn’t do a ton of damage, but you’ll feel really sturdy.

off topic you actually of a 10/10 mog

1 Like