Easiest tank to get into M+ with?

1st ever tank with no 4 pc or legos…I’d say Pally or Druid. Blood DK you don’t really get all your abilities till you’re like almost 50 so it’s rough to learn good habits and develop the “feeling” for it early on. Pally is good, easy in the sense of you have a button for everything!, and the 4pc and legos doesn’t really change anything you’ve learned while leveling up.

Now if you have a leveled and gear toon with access to tier and legos then Pally is still a good choice and Monk is good too. BDK is easy to pick up but you still have to get that “feel” for it.

Yeah, I don’t know what it is about DK…it’s a very strong tank (at least currently with the tier/legendaries), but it just feels strange to play sometimes. It might be mostly down to not having a charge/roll/leap like all the other tanks get. Waddling up to a pack and pushing Blood Boil isn’t the best feeling in the world.

I’ve been doing A LOT more on my pally the last month or so just because I don’t have to work anywhere near as hard as on my DK and can enjoy “the run” more with my friends.

1 Like

Those are all good points. I’m looking at it from a healer perspective where, assuming the tank is bad/new/uninformed/etc, certain classes will absolutely get trucked; whereas, others have damage intake that is much more manageable.

Also I like that with brew you don’t have to manually maintain active mitigation. Being able to concentrate more on mechanics is nice.

I wish everyone could have that awareness. Nothing like pulling a duo/trio of harder mobs so burn down quicker on bolster week and having someone pull a pat pack or another pack into it because “tank not pulling big enough”. Well sunshine there is a reason the tank didn’t pull it like it’s easy push week. Some weeks you can pull off the ZOMG WE ARE GOING WIPE! pulls and some weeks you just have to do your best to avoid having that happen.

Brew master is insanely simple since they removed ISB.

Only problem with all the tanks right now is that they need 4 piece and double leggo. Gonna feel bad until you get those.

having healed my brother and friend while they played all available tank specs, id def put brewmaster at #1. just dont do warrior. blood dk hp ping pongs a good bit. can go from like 80% to 15% then just heal to full in a matter of 2 seconds

Druid is easiest to learn, but by far the most boring imo.

Paladin is a utility machine. You can cover others mistakes. Blood knight you can carry but the rest of the group might die :wink:

Demon Hunter is for bouncing all over, but it’s fun.

Monk is good for smoothing out damage intake but boring to me.

Warrior - Now you’ve activated MASOCHIST MODE. Enter at your own risk. However, levels of fun now exceed 9,000. (only the brave and strong wrists need apply)

Just know your class and its all good. A blood dk that doesn’t know how to keep his health up is a nightmare LOL. Monks can go wrong too if they don’t know their class abilities well.

DH is the easiest, lots of mobility and insane healing. No affixes bother you that much.

Been said several times already but play what you enjoy most.

I have several tanks at 60, an I dont run high keys at all think the highest ive run is +7 so im still noobish, anyways im better with my paladin then I am with my Blood DK but I have more fun on my blood DK. Play what you enjoy and you will never go wrong.

The best choice is to pick one that has a playstyle, offspecs, and theme/style that you like and play it long enough to get good at it.

the meta only matters when you are good enough to take advantaged of it and when you get that good anything will work all the way up to 20s

1 Like

Doesn’t BM get insane healing with it’s 4 piece?

Yes it does

Play the meta if you want to have the easiest time getting into pug key groups.

There are lots of players that are easily influenes by the MDI fanboying meta and will just staight up reject certain tanks.

If you just want a tank that’s easier to play and you’re planning to pug then Monks or DH.

In pug keys you need high mobility to deal with players that body pull left and right, you need mobility to reposition the boss when players bust their nut before you’ve even touched the boss.

Just in general pug keys can get quite chaotic because of the quality of players, tanks like BDK or Paladin just cannot keep up with the people randomly pulling things half way across the map.

Really depends on what level content you’re doing and if you are pugging or have a static group.