Earthen, How do I ingest gems?

Look the undead guy at the Emissary told my Earthen to not eat the rocks and it’s now my Earthen’s goal to eat the rocks.

COME AT ME ROCKS!

5 Likes

The tool tip doesn’t not say anything about being able to consume gems, even the ones I just ate. I saw the thhing for which gems do what, but there is zero indication in game as to which gems give the buff, or how to eat them (right clicking eats them)

2 Likes

"Ingest Minerals

You are always Well Fed, but cannot consume food. Consuming a KHAZ ALGAR gem changes the benefit granted to you by Well Fed.

Amber: Stamina
Emerald: Haste
Onyx: Mastery
Ruby: Critical Strike
Sapphire: Versatility"

If you go the AH and mouseover Khaz Algar gems as an Earthen, it literally does say you can eat one, like food.

“Use: Restores 4.5 million health and 3.7 million mana over 20 sec and changes your permanent Well Fed effect. Must remain seated while ingesting.”

5 Likes

Gems are going to be SO expensive in the near future maybe …

Crafting is a pain and often useless then they do something like this that sky rockets the costs in the AHs for whatever reason…

Food Is easier and cheaper … been leveling cooking since vanillia …

It is like the potions to find your resourses as some are suppposedly hidden , a 30 min potion using several herbs to allow you to properly gather items from the world .

blizzard can be SO odd

1 Like

Only lasts until you need to change your buff.

Like for example, a ret paladin would want the mastery buff but a prot paladin would want the haste buff, so you have to eat a new gem every time you change spec.

And this doesn’t even take into account that both ret and prot would prefer a main stat food buff which you cannot get with the earthen racial.

1 Like

Everything is new and prices are high. You guys doom at everything. The prices will drop down as the expansion ages. Every expansion is like this. DF was like this. I still think it is a heck of a bargain to eat one 10k gem and have that effect be permanent vs having to keep stocked up on food/feasts and eat every time you die. 10k is like 10 world quests or a couple weekly tasks.

5 Likes

I bought kaz algar gems, they have to be cut, it doesn’t indicate that.

2 Likes

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. We have differing opinions on “indicated”. It seemed logical to me to assume (correctly) that to change my preferred stat that I would have to eat a stat gem.

3 Likes

It says gem, not stat gem.

4 Likes

I guess Blizzard expect you to be a bit brighter than that. Probably to much on their part to assume that.

1 Like

Man, you are so much better at wow than I am.

2 Likes

“My queen, peasants have gathered outside the palace. They are hungry and demand to be given food.”

“Let them eat rocks!”

1 Like

“YES!. But which ones? And how do they eat them??” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Watch as ALL haste gems goes up in prices lol (hence going JC+Mining myself)

2 Likes

There are many gems of many colors the buffs are as follows:

• Ingest Minerals: You are always Well Fed, but cannot consume food. Activate Ingest Minerals to consume a Khaz Algar gem and change the benefit granted to you by Well Fed:
    • Amber: Stamina
      Emerald: Haste
      Onyx: Mastery
      Ruby: Critical Strike
      Sapphire: Versatility

If don’t use a specific one you’ll get a random buff that is always on, but you can’t benefit from other food buffs.

Dude, it’s really helpful. I don’t know why you want to be so negative with an expansion that has been way better then the past few, but all you come across as is a old man not liking change, which is funny from what looks like a classic toon you haven’t leveled.

2 Likes

My dude, you could go “thank you for explaining the thing I wasn’t getting” and instead, you attack people because they explained their logic and it was sound.

1 Like

How come as an Earthen, I lose my food buff when I die?

2 Likes

Wait, really?

1 Like

i never war within was bad… i never even said DF was bad… i think both of them were/are good.

i even really liked shadowlands season 3 and 4.

what’s helpful? having a food buff mechanic that doesn’t allow you full choice for your preferred food buff?

that’s a negative, not a positive… and all racials should provide a benefit.

1 Like