Earthen death knights

Yup, they be all classes except druids, DH’s and evoker’s.

Nm I misread your post. Got my hopes up for a second.

Fantasy is pretend. So that math maths.

Thanks for proving their point babes!

They don’t make sense to you and anyone else of similar thinking. However everyone should not be held back because certain people don’t have the creative capacity to understand certain combinations. Even if those combinations came about in a unlikely way.

There’s a difference between the established lore and story of an IP and the wild unshackled imagination of a child.

Godzilla with rocket launchers on his back fighting mech-king kong while chuck norris kicks him in the face is really badass. But it’s still silly and makes no sense.

1 Like

I read the title as “earthen delights” for reason :joy:

1 Like

Rather then being new earthen the death knight ones were picked up the same way the death knights always do their recruiting. If you want lore consistency assume they did their graverobbing with the ones in northrend because there are a lot of stone dwarves in northrend.

No sense to you and others with similar thinking.

Ultimately wow is blizzard project, if that makes sense to them for their project, then that’s all that’s to it.

Once again, those of us with boundless creative capacity shouldn’t be held back cause people can’t fathom things.

Didn’t Death Knights raise people in a quest chain during Legion?

1 Like

Posts you can smell

1 Like

Earthen dks make no sense at all in our current framework of the game.
For one, there is no way to even make new dks.

Fortunately TWW is currently outside of the current lore, and so blizzard can make up a story for it.
I just hope they do it justice.

The excuse for allied races being dks was flimsy at best.
But hey, at least there was a lich king back then to actually do it.

Yep. Though atm only the Deathlord and possibly Bolvar would be strong enough to do it under their own power instead of via quite a few necromantic rituals.

Probly the same reasoning Blizz used for void elf holy priests

Lightforged warlocks

Menari paladins

Etc.

That we know of anyways, Calia was raised in a weird way too right? Perhaps there is some other method of raising people from the dead. That strange voice seemed pretty powerful.

All cosmic forces have their own flavor of Necromancy. Calia is Light flavored with a bit of lemon.

Problem is, DKs arent just generic undead.
And calia is a very different type of undead to what a DK is.

These earthen would have to be risen in such a way that they are the same as all the other dks.
If not, theyre not actually a death knight. Theyre some weird poser :stuck_out_tongue:

My guess to how Earthen DKs will work is what they went with when it came to Worgen DKs. Basically, our upcoming DKs are going to be Northrend flavored like Worgen DK’s were Arugal.

So, expect the Shadowlands DK starting zone with Earthen on top of Icecrown talking with the Red Lich King.

Well, my thoughts was more in lines of this.

We know a few things, we know that there is many methods of raising the dead, and our current undead even death knights was raised using shadow magic which is void magic is it not? We also know that an expansion set to be in northrend is coming directly following a confrontation with the void. And it’s not unreasonable to believe that if this voice that is speaking to us is extremely powerful what ever it’s threatend by is potentially even more powerful. We can conclude that the enemy it’s afraid of is the void or some form of it, and it was likely this same void that risen the earthen as death knights. I suspect that bolvar will somehow bring them under his control once we get to that point though.

I thought they were raised with death/ necromantic magic which is a different part of the cosmology chart?

Player DKs are Death aligned, not void. Earthen will most likely be one of the many that Bolvar raised to fight Sylvanas when she came for the helm.

to be honest, I’m not entirely certain the lore got changed more times then I change my pants. So it’s hard to keep up with.