Earthen death knights

So anyone came up with theories on this?

I mean they are arcane creations (so they would go to the arcane cosmic realm upon death no?) And have no flesh/bones/blood so how would necromancy even work on them?

Also to horde players, congrats on getting dwarves next expac!

7 Likes

My theory is that Blizz doesn’t care much about lore when it comes to class/race combos lately.

15 Likes

It’s best not to think about Class/Race combo lore. Most of them have very flimsy dismissals, and it’s more of a gameplay thing.

Lightforged Warlocks are an oxymoron and the only excuse given is “I can use both because it makes me stronger.” Yes, that’s what a 5 year old would tell me when playing pretend.

6 Likes

There were earthen around Northrend too. :world_map::robot:

6 Likes

These may not be the same kind. Because these guys are pure rock and metal as if freshly forged out of the Titan installations.

The Earthern in War Within seem to have the curse of flesh partially due to having actual hair and what not.

Play-doh Fun Factory spaghetti mode.

6 Likes

The Frostborn are pretty close as they got hair. :mag::robot:

I am well aware thank you. That does not answer the question though as they are made of rock.

Interesting. Although if tech is involved which a faction of these dwarves seems to indicate, then it is possible for synthetic hair to be created. Makes me curious on the story for them. We don’t know the limits of titan tech.

Are we sure it’s hair, and not fungal mycelium?

3 Likes

Good call on that. That is possible.

Worgen are immune to being raised undead but the working theory has been the lich king can still dominate them. Likely did the same to the earthen/frostborn although that brings up if he had some hidden around like the worgen and goblins. :robot::thought_balloon:

What makes you think stone can’t have blood? What did you think the old folktale of “Stone Soup” was referring to… :wink:

If we have creatures of rock and crystal “reanimated” as Death Knights, it will be logic that everyone can be Demon Hunters, or not? You only need to do the ritual.

Really, no logic of making Earthen Death Knights. Druids sound much better.

1 Like

We still dont know what will happen. They said we help them.solve their current inability of making more earthens, what if the solution is just regular dwarves volunteering to become Earthens, and a regular dwarven DK can become an earthen DK?

Or maybe those earthen are partially mortal and the ebon blade helps solve the issue but decides to take some of their dead as part of their ranks?

Eh. Titans did it.

There is a freya around. So i agree.

Hmmm… I don’t think that would work since all current playable dwarves are solid alliance advocates.

Still conflicts on many issues. Earthen are arcane cobstructs. Their soul would go to the arcane domain if cosmic lore followed. Then there is the lack of flesh, blood and bones issue. (It would be awkward to be a blood DK for sure)

Generally yeah, if it was that simple then we can even go further, if the scourge don’t need corpses to make death knights, why even raise them from the fallen rather then make gollums or another construct to act as death knights.

Sure, thats why i said partially mortal, what if they’re partially affected by the curse of flesh?

Nope. There’s no way to make new DKs now. So it doesn’t make sense.

But I guess gameplay trumps lore.

2 Likes

You dont need a lich king to raise new DKs, I think most DKs can do that in fact.

Yes. You do. The sword the Deathlord used to raise the Horseman is gone and destroyed. No more DKs were made until Bolvar. Crown is gone. There’s no way to make more. Y’all are in the same boat as Forsaken now.

1 Like