Earthen death knights

Actually no you do not. You just need to be a powerful user of necromatic magic to create death knights. Any of the 4 horsemen is capable of creating death knights is an example.

Wasnt nerzhul making DKs out of human corpses and orc souls before there was a lich king?

Kelthuzad also made desth knights in classic no?

1 Like

It really bums me out that this seems to be the case.

I would honestly have a ton of respect for Blizzard if they re-established some of those restrictions that don’t make sense, and just offer a free race-change for characters affected.

1 Like

All we need are cordyceps infected rock dwarves.

1 Like

Death Knights are the champions of the Lich King, created by power of the helm or sword. Sword is gone, helm is gone.

A necromancer cannot make the flaming blue eyed Death Knights we are. These are new generations, NOT the Gul’dan ones. Those aren’t even remotely similar to our DKs.

Wrong type of DK.

They are also created by powerful necromantic users, such as the lich’s in wrath’s death knight starter area

Nowhere does a Lich create a DK in that starter zone. I’ve been through every quest and every walkthrough. So unless you can show me what you’re talking about, this doesn’t exist.

I’m sure he meant Lich King.

Thanks, I hate it.

1 Like

I was surprised when they mentioned classes for Earthen. I was like, “They have DK???”

How does that work? Bolvar already granted DK abilities to allied races a while ago. Why would he do it again with some race we barely know nothing about???

I can’t help but feel something’s off.

I think you need to relook. They raise death knights, and then they race to the center area to fight.

Yup i meant lich’s

I mean mmos are literally dress up doll games if you think about it. Especially when you realize all the permanent progress is cosmetic.

Probably after the Curse of Flesh reached them, it managed to mutate them into living beings, like how the original mechagnomes where changed to fleshy knee biters, but either it was a weak curse or they managed to make a counter spell that let them keep their naturally stony skin.

As for the DK part. Bolvar found a pile of them tucked in some corner of Ice Crown Citadel and just raised them to be part of his army. We missed seeing them in any cutscene about SL because he had them cleaning the place up after Sylvanas’ attack.

Didn’t they change it to now it being voluntary death magic infusion now?

Regular human necromancers raise DK initiates in the original questing experience. "Acherus Necromancer"s.

I think you need to understand the difference between Initiates and full Death Knights once empowered by the Lich King after they were first raised as Scourge. They have to go through initiation, are weaker and don’t have the powers of a full DK. They lose, they’re fed to ghouls. They win, they go on to be empowered and given their runeblades.

The entire reason they have those stupid blue flaming eyes is because it takes the power of the helm or blade to raise DKs. Not Scourge, not Initiates, not first gen DKs
 our actual DKs.

And none of that exists nowadays for Earthen to suddenly turn around and say, “Hey! Look! I’m undead magical stone!”

But again
 gameplay > lore now.

its technically possible, but the ebon blade are not gonna continue recruiting death knights, nor would something made out of stone be raised into undeath

1 Like

I wonder if Dracthyr can become DK’s when they’re opened up to other classes.

I’d imagine the earthen work on rules similar to the golems in dragon age. But that’s just me.

My guess is they might come up with a new cinematic showing Bolvar inducting new Death Knights whilst not wearing the crown of dominance.