Earthen a let down

They look cool, but once the armor is on I couldn’t really tell the difference between a dark iron, or regular dwarf. Idk maybe I’ll make a Hunter, but I really wanted a DK.

1 Like

Exactly what I said when they were announced MONTHS ago lol

1 Like

You’re allowed to, I don’t hate the dark iron per say, I just don’t put it ahead of the OG dwarf, Earthen is pretty cool and has great racials to be tanks.

Opposite experience here. I had a blast playing my newly minted earthen shaman. I’d still play a few more levels if I didn’t have to get to bed for work tomorrow. I love the look of him I think it fits the shaman fantasy well. I’m going elemental. For fun I picked mining and jewel crafting just because it fits the whole earthen theme. Anyway I like the character a great deal.

As a side note I thought the ending of the final campaign chapter was cool.

2 Likes

So, it’s fine for 99.9% of the players?

6 Likes

That tank buff is moot because Earthen can’t get good tanking food buffs equivalent to other races of same class so that extra 10% (iirc) goes to offset that handicap instead of actually providing a buff.

Not if you’re a healer - can’t drink for mana.

Depends what armor youre wearing i guess.
For all the mogs i use, its pretty hard to mistake them. They have gems sticking out, metal hair, and no natural skin tones.

But if youre in super bulky armor thats larger than the gems covering your whole body, and no skin showing… or worse, no gems chosen at all… then yeah, you will look like a tall dwarf.

But if youre covering up then your features being hidden is pretty typical :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was playing a pally and he was mostly covered, even with gems. I think they look cool, I guess I’ll just have to transmog the helm off so I can actually see him.

First the dracthyr, and now this.

It should have been Vikings.

The earthen are such a souless dull race.

1 Like

I’ve already check, the only Ingest Minerals is a passive, that’s it.

This, fits my shaman theme beautifully, and I’m also a jewel crafter, I don’t care about if their racials aren’t the best, I play for class fantasy and lore.

1 Like

You can still consume Mage’s food.

Why would you make a character to get the Heritage Armor just to then delete the only character that can use the Heritage Armor?

5 Likes

Because if I should create other Earthen later down the road after they fix the flaws, the heritage armor will be there ready.

Except you dont have to level an earthen for that. I got the Heritage Armor when I race changed

I just did some checking, you just right click on the gem like you would food.
Earthen have extra text on gems that says Use: Restores *21,000* health and *17,641* mana over 20 sec and changes your permanent Well Fed effect. Must remain seated while ingesting. (1 Sec Cooldown)

Only The War Within gems currently work for consumption.

1 Like

The fact its lower is the trade off for it being a permenant buff, and I’m fine with that. I bought a single expensive gem and I wont have to buy anymore unless my stat prio changes, and even then I will only have to buy -a single gem- instead of using a potentially expensive embellishment or buying up a bunch of food for a single hour.

I leveled one to get the feel for the race and it’s racials.

Glad I’m a jewelcrafter, lol.