Dynamic but not static flying day 1 in War Within? Let's get some answers

I would also like to understand why but I am perfectly okay with it

Yea, I considered that, but it just doesnā€™t jive with the whole raison dā€™etre theyā€™ve advocated for this all this time.

I appreciate the ā€œlet them eat dragon ridingā€ for the early chunk of the expansion, ā€œforceā€ adoption, give folks a reason to get used to it, etc.

But, once the cats out of the bag, the delay for the campaign just seems really petty.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to be a bit more positive and give chances etc but I mean;

Seems right up their alley.

Delay for static flying also.

One is for ā€˜pacingā€™ reasonsā€¦ other is at this point, probably out of spite lol
I think devs want to funnel as much people into their new thing so to speak and in this case dynamic flying.

I just canā€™t see the reason now with dynamic flyingā€¦ why delay regular flying.
Just an odd thing thatā€™s all.

6 Likes

Both methods of flying should be treated equally. Either we got both, or we get neither right away.

14 Likes

just like how the worgen and druids had an advantage in the maw?

Right, it just stands out in left field with the rest.

Hovering is a ā€œniceā€ feature of TBC flight, but it doesnā€™t change the dynamic of questing. I have no problem mounting my dragon, climbing to 10000 feet, turn around, and come hurtling into a zone and skipping over whatever it is I want to skip over. I donā€™t need hovering for that.

Even when camping event spawns, you know those folks, they just hover over the area, let the pleebs kill the trash, then drop down and tag the boss. With DR, you just perch on a nearby rock. Donā€™t need hovering for that either, hardly a game changer.

6 Likes

Well, thatā€™s irritating and doesnā€™t bode well for me. I simply donā€™t like dragon riding enough to want to use it all the time while Iā€™m questing. Never have I desired or wanted something like dynamic flight to be so integral that itā€™s pretty much a requirement. If thatā€™s the way they want to go Iā€™m fine with saying the game isnā€™t for me anymore.

8 Likes

No,

Iā€™ll be using dynamic flight day one.

TBC flight can burn in a barrel fire for all I care.

3 Likes

If they are gating it, I suspect there is world quests, or treasures in the world that the normal flying will trivialize in some way. Although not sure how considering how easy it is to use dynamic flight. Perhaps there will be new things in the world to hinder us as we climb.

2 Likes

This is fine. Keep it like this.

TBC flight needs to be phased out. If you canā€™t dragonride there are flight paths and ground mounts. Heck, bring back the whistle for them.

2 Likes

So basically a pathfinder for the far worse version of dynamic flight. If they want to go that way, they should turn dynamic flight into the maximum level unlock and have the accessibility option day 1 (TBC Style).

15 Likes

Slow flight is afking the game.

1 Like

No thank you.

2 Likes

You get it after finishing the campaign so like a day? Dying on the wrong hill. I will not be ā€œstandingā€ with this.

That is your opinion and I hope to GOD Blizzard doesnā€™t listen. I am one that is affected by severe motion sickness from Dragon riding. You are wanting to punish those of us who are being punished enough as it is since we have to wait.

17 Likes

So gate keep, remove things that affect you in no way lol
You have quite the attitude :man_facepalming:

12 Likes

Why? How does that benefit players?

Itā€™s flipped and doesnā€™t make sense to me. Dynamic Flight is what many people want to use going forward. Thatā€™s cool. But why have TBC flight gated in any way when Dynamic Flight is not? Iā€™d really like to hear the reasoning from Blizzard.

Then donā€™t do it, why are you in this fight?

Good for you.

11 Likes

They answered it already a bunch of times every time they talked about the reasoning behind pathfinding sense the dawn of itā€™s existence. They feel traditional flight trivializes the world as it has no interaction with the game, Dynamic flight resolves this as it requires you to interact with the game.

1 Like

Why?

Whatā€™s the point of that?

3 Likes

And since the dawn of its existence, the playerbase has rightfully called out Blizzard for their cow dung.

11 Likes