Dynamic but not static flying day 1 in War Within? Let's get some answers

I see your point however, slowing down bots is punishing players as well. Vigor refilling is excruciating even when you have the farming options selected in the dragonriding tree.

It’s made for some really frustrating times especially how mineral veins and herbs disappear when you eventually get to them.

To be honest if they ditched dragon riding and increased standard flight speed to maybe 400-500% it would be fine. Dealing with bots is not an issue anymore since the veins and herbs dont disappear when someone collects them for 15-20 seconds after.

1 Like

No it doesn’t, tbc flight is great, it’s relaxing and I can do something else. Just don’t use it if you don’t like it.

3 Likes

I’m assuming that they are already working on races to have available at launch, which is the core reason for their “dynamic” flying. Otherwise, there’s no real reason for it. Faster isn’t better.

1 Like

People are just too caught up on “I can’t do it so you need to make it possible” rather than put in the effort to make it possible themselves.

People gotta stop sitting on their couch asking for things to make their lives easier, that’s not how the world works, you all need to get up and put some effort into fixing your own lives.

I used to run raids with a guy who had ONE ARM, used a Naga mouse and was damn good, what excuse do you all have? “I get a headache, please reduce the light effects”, NO, change the damn gamma on your monitor or something.

1 Like

I’m fine with whatever they decide.

1 Like

there are people whose disabiliaties prevent them from doing dragon flying at all between motion sickness, arthritis and epilepsy. it’s not asking much at all for it to be enabled from day one. It’s sad you have the attitude that because it doesn’t stop you, everyone should struggle to try to even play. You can’t Fix a health issue.

I’m going to guess that the devs main issue with TBC flight is it has no resource cost for the benefit it offers plus requires zero skill to use. For game design reasons I bet Blizz feels like offering TBC flying later is a compromise.

I’d say we’re lucky Blizz kept in TBC flight at all now that “most” of our mounts will be accessible with Dynamic since that was a legit gripe/concern at the beginning of DF.

I have motion sickness, and am starting to feel the pain in my hands on some days (age and years of mouse use combined), I can still use dragon riding just fine if I only, you know, put in some effort instead of just whining.

Turn off all special effects, fly in a safer, more straight line manner, done no more motion sickness. And by going a little slower, it helps with my hands. Plus I can put some arthritis cream because not only does that help with me playing this game, but it gives me a better outcome on life.

Or should I just whine that life is too hard and not do a single thing to help myself? It perplexes me how people can make excuses and other people can defend them when they are not willing to make changes for their own benefit.

Forget this game, if people really got motion sickness in real life what do they do? Do they have a way to help themselves? Take certain meds, drink more water, move around less? Or do they just sit on the couch yelling “Life is too hard, I am not participating today”?

Assuming people do have illnesses, on top of people just whining and not taking any action to better themselves we have:

1. Many of these players have dragon riding achievements, how can they honestly come here and try to make us believe they are an invalid with dragon riding achievements?
  2. It’s far harder and far more intense to run group content than it is to do dragon riding, how can someone get to level 70 and not be able to do something so simple?
  3. Some of these whiners have M+ and raid stats and achievements, which is even harder than just levelling.

So, instead of people trying to make up excuses and making real, actual lesser abled players look bad, just tell us the truth, you don’t want dragon riding because you are lazy and want to cheese the game by just hovering 10 feet above all content while you AFK through the game.

I’m definitely interested in applying dynamic flying across more mounts, and that’s great, but it doesn’t help the accessibility issue, which is the main focus of this thread. It’s certainly a legitimate gameplay concern, but I’d rather they address, or even discuss, the issues that exist with static flying. It may be, as you said, but we don’t know for sure – all the other “pathfinder” issues were in unlocking the z-axis, not with static flying in particular.

SJW much? Did these people ask for you to fight for them, or do you just like looking for things to be upset about?

Feel free to label whatever you feel like it is, I don’t care much. There are plenty of threads to the effect of others having difficulty with the situation. Definitely love how trying to do good for other people is shamed :joy:

1 Like

I am one of those people, plus I have nerve damage in my hand due to a back injury years ago. Dynamic flying literally hurts if I have to do it long. I do not PVP and don’t care about world firsts, but having it be optional is fine with me. Making it required was my concern.

Also, thank you for remembering the disability community. It’s always appreciated.

2 Likes

They want us to keep using this new system. Poorly Designed from the start it is quite literally borrowed design from another MMORPG (I know all games borrow ideas don’t need to tell me.) But with a uniquely bad Blizzard twist. For starters why does ths system need Vigor? This alone makes Dynamic Flying redundant. Then you have the limited amount of 6 which can run out fast and take way too long to recharge if you mess up clip a tree side of a cliff etc.

Then comes some of the abilities or lack there of. They do not add much to this system but people argue to me that its faster than what we used to do and that is the main aspect they like about it since it is the only reason to even use it. I honestly have 0 enjoyment due to being forced to use a system that I consider 100% garbage which needs to be tossed out for good or overhauled from the ground up with Vigor removed and all abilities functioning as spells. If this was the case and the Dragon Riding system was free form flying or Flying 2.0 then blizzard would have had a winner not a failure.
People in game and on here gush over it say it is the best thing ever while also dictating to me and others who dislike it on either how to get better at it why its better then the old ways etc.It is quite disturbing the amount that have either just said bugger it can;t bet em join em or others who are just following the pack and repeating what they do/say like a Parrot.

For me I am the least bit grateful that you are still able to Ride our pre existing mounts which honestly made Dragon Flight 100x more enjoyable now I have full control over where I go how fast and what direction I head in not aimlessly spamming buttons just to zoom across the zone to get another Dopamine hit then zoom to the next one etc etc.That type of player is what wow is Pandering too and its a bit unsettling.

Just like most developers these days Blizzard doesn’t really care about accessibility. Casual multiplayer gaming is dead outside of goofy indie co-op games. It’s all sweat all the time, and if you can’t keep up then too bad.

Come on, lol.

They added the chill cataloguing WQs in DF where you literally just chill and take pictures of wildlife. Rock climbing was fun but easy too. The Emerald Dream has us planting flowers. Next expansion we get a solo progression path you take at your own pace in the form of delves. They also added warbands to make things a bit less grindy.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not much for “sweaty” gameplay either but they absolutely should keep and continue to develop it for the people who do thrive on it, just as they are continuing to develop world content for people that appreciate a slower pace. :upside_down_face:

Although honestly when it comes to flight, yeah… I think they are way past do to admit that they lost this one. They need to stop being petty and just let people use regular flying if they want to. It’s much slower which is disadvantageous, but also the best some people can do with certain accessibility issues.

1 Like

Yeah, I can live with it since leveling won’t take long, but I still hate dragon riding. I’ve been doing the races on bronze for Taivan, and I feel sooooo icky when it speeds up. Thought I was gonna be sick a couple times. i wish it wasn’t in the meta.

If you only listen to the forums, maybe. But, I’d say that based on it being supported going forward, they are getting feedback from other sources that indicates that it’s good.

How many of the people who complain about accessibility for dragon riding have actually tried the accessibility options that it already has? I suspect that some just hate the feature because it’s new, and are looking for an excuse to justify their hatred.

Sorry to hear that. Not fun at all. :worried:

I’m not sure what you are trying to say here. Did you think I meant dynamic flight was bad? I think it’s great, personally. I just think regular flying should also be included for those that need it. Just because there are less of them than us, doesn’t mean they should be ignored or left behind.

Even if this were true, and there is no proof that it is, it’s kind of irrelevant to the fact that others do indeed have accessibility issues. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

It is relevant, because saying generic “accessibility issue” without more detail on what the problem is helps no-one. It doesn’t give blizzard any info on what the accessibility issue is, or what might possibly enable affected players to use the feature. It’s just adding noise.

Given how much bias there is against blizzard on the forums, I suspect that not all of the generic, unspecific complaints are being made in good faith, and is just there to muddy the waters on the topic. The feature is (after all), both reactively new, and made by blizzard, which are indications that GD is going to hate it.

If you have an accessibility concern with Dragonriding, be specific about what it is, and what you think might address it when bringing it up.

Some people just hate dragon riding as well as people with medical reasons. Should release both at the same time.

6 Likes