Dynamic but not static flying day 1 in War Within? Let's get some answers

Anyone defending the decision to gate static flight but not dynamic is being spiteful. Just like the people that made the choice to do so in the first place.

Ignore them. There is no justification for it.

6 Likes

My issue is the speed. If I could lock it at a lower speed I could 100% use it. I get very nauseous when it speeds up.

2 Likes

Facts.

Anytime these threads come up my bat signal comes up and I ready to go!!!

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

I did figure out while doing the races on bronze you can avoid the swirl in the middle of the rings that speeds you up if you clip the ring at the right angle. Maybe I can set a record for slowest bronze completion ever, lol.

At this point I’m completely comfortable using dynamic at all times. But I also think we should be able to make the choice to do so with all of our flying mounts and that people who prefer static should have that choice as well.

I have steel manned the arguments against doing so and they are all rubbish.

2 Likes

And yet…

Lol! Come on! I’m not trying to bring some unheard of issue to Blizzard’s attention. They already know what the issues are. I’m just over here having an opinion on a thing that is already established to exist. :woman_facepalming:

I already said regular flight should be released alongside dynamic. That is the solution!

4 Likes

And there’s no delay in when you can unlock the being slow. You’re free to do that day 1.

This entire thread is a waste of time because OP only read partial wowhead headlines, and not the full news articles.

Good news is all the work going into dynamic flight for accessibility will allow Blizz to completely elminate and remove old static flying just like the vast majority of players want and are asking for.

This isn’t virtue signaling, nor is it vice signaling. I’m going to call it … Gertrude signaling, because it sounds like something my Aunt Gertrude would share on Facebook.

If they made some changes to druid flight form and static flight they could allow it day one.

1. no AFK flight…if youre not moving forward, youre falling to the ground, same as DRing.

2. Druid flight form…the second we click something to interact with it, knock us out of flight form. On our end its an instant change back, but druid flight being able to be right in the middle of hostile mobs clicking quest objectives and flying away to the next is a serious advantage with some quests where everyone else has to dismount to interact, or gets dismounted when they do. I like it how it is, but Id gladly give up some advantage if it means lesser abled players being able to get old flight day one.

lol…no one is asking for old flight to be removed unless they have some personal agenda. someone else using it has no bearing on your game other than it being about ganking, as it is always the case when someone is whining about flight being removed

3 Likes

It’s just Ion and Co still being petty because they didn’t get their way back in WoD. It’s being fueled even more now by the fact that the entire player base didn’t sing praises of dynamic flying, and they had to add static flying in Dragonflight. If you watch this past Blizzcon you will actually see Ion saying he was hopeful that everyone would say dynamic flying is great and they can get rid of static flying.

2 Likes

Being released later is spiteful to our lesser abled brethren in game.
It having pathfinder attached to ONLY old flight is pure sadism.
If they wanted to make people wait, bad enough, but making them put in a laundry list of things to do on top of it? NO one had better EVER expect me to have a single atoms weight of respect for Ion or anyone else involved in that decision.

If they wanted to make them wait…set a date. On that date turn on old flight, nothing more required than what was for DRing.

ive run this thru the Common Sense Detector 100 times trying to make myself believe there is no malice in the intent here…and while part of my mind says there isnt, when I cant find any logical, rational…FAIR…reasoning to not only make them wait for old flight but then hide it and only it behind pathfinder again…well, flashbacks of the pointless sadistic crap my exwife used to pull keeps coming to mind.

Someone make it make sense to me that they cant just turn old flight on on date X with no more work than what DRing requires.
All we’ll get on that point is lame excuses.

Because Blizzard believes that dragonriding engages with the environment and static does not.

It was the compromise and it’s honestly what people asked for: flying incorporated into the content.

Hopefully it’s as they say and once finished with MSQ, you get static flying with no extra steps.

they clearly have a problem with lesser abled players
As I said…IF they were just holding out for X date to open up old flight pathfinder ISNT required.
requiring PF for old flight but not for DRing is just insulting players who have trouble with DRing.
And all we’ll get on that, again, is lame excuses from the defenders of this crap.

They said there is no pathfinder in tww, you get it at max level immediately if you finished the storyline. That is pretty much the only reason I am buying tww sunce i refuse to deal with motion sickness for a year again.

2 Likes

has something changed then? The last time I read anyting they said there was PF but it wasnt going to be a long list of stuff

I would have to dig through old coverage from Blizzcon to get the exact quote but they said no pathfinder just max level and main storyline. I plan to rush through that then go back and do side stuff with static flying.

1 Like