Dwarf and Troll are the best spriest races

Prove me wrong.

8 Likes

Undead is better imo, extra DoT + the ability to add insult to injury by eating your opponent afterwards,

24 Likes

Huge cd, takes ~30% of your mana, damage is meh, can be stoneformed and pally/priest cleansed. Shadow orbs are superior.

9 Likes

undead is deff better than troll for shadow spec.

7 Likes

Troll is definitely better than undead. Just look at the racials.

4 Likes

Dwarf is BiS for alliance, for both PvE and PvP. It’s not so simple for horde.

4 Likes

undead is way better based on racials, will of the forsaken and devouring plague. way stronger in pvp

7 Likes

Trolls are the best race for anything as they regenerate 5 HP per second.

and there’s nothing you can do about it.

23 Likes

Dwarf is probably bis for pvp, human is better for pve

I liked trolls with Shadowguard and Blackout. The 20% healing debuff for Hex of Weakness is nice for PvP too.

2 Likes

Devouring Plague is massively overrated. Huge mana, meh damage, meh healing. Damage is barely than that of a Sw:P, but it takes 6 seconds longer. Healing is equivalent to like 1 flash heal…but it’s spread out over 24 seconds and costs 3x the mana.

Shadowguard does more damage than devouring plague over that 24 second period if you’re consistently getting hit. It also looks awesome.

Touch of weakness is garbage. Hex of weakness at least gives a 20% healing debuff, which is incredibly useful.

I’ll give you WotF though.

4 Likes

For PvP Undead was best SPriest in Vanilla. In PvE - sure, Troll, Dwarf, Human, NE…who cares?

1 Like

For dueling undead is great, but the 3 minute cooldown on devouring plague is just too long when you consider both troll abilities, which are very useful, have no cooldown.

Alliance side you have night elves. On the surface this looks pretty crappy. Starshards? What’s that? Why? But, it can be useful especially in PvP. Spam starshards on those mages and let the lulz roll as they interrupt your arcane tree. A priest getting their ARCANE tree interrupted… LOL!

But yeah. Troll shadow priests don’t get enough love, I agree.

4 Likes

Idk, man. Troll priest is quite good for PvP. Consider for a moment that rogues taking damage from Shadowguard could stun themselves from blackout.

4 Likes

Human priest is really good against casters. Feedback burns mana and deals shadow damage to proc blackout. You also get desperate prayer. So for Alliance I vote Human for general combat with Nelf priest coming up second for the ability to commit ambushes.

For Horde, Troll is hands down the best. DP is so easily dispelled with a cleanse shooting for magic that the mana cost isn’t worth anything. Haste cooldown, ranged mortal strike, damage shield that can proc black out, and you eat dwarves without cannibalism. What’s not to love?

4 Likes

You spec inner focus and it won’t cost that much mana anymore.

1 Like

Yup inner focus to DP doesn’t cost a thing, undead ftw.

3 Likes

trolls make the best hunters. due to their bow skill and extra damage vs beasts.

because, ya know, racials were important back then.

Isnt Inner Focus on the same cooldown as Devouring Plague? If so, problem solved.

2 Likes

Starshards is absolute trash. Dwarf comes with fear ward for other priests/warlocks, stoneform for melee (mostly hardcounters rogues), and comes with desperate prayer for literally everything that is a huge no mana cost instant heal.

Dwarf for life.

Isnt Inner Focus on the same cooldown as Devouring Plague? If so, problem solved.

How is that problem solved? It’s damage is trash, you may as well just cast one mindblast over the 24 second period the dot is up and you basically just did the same damage.

Also, when you inner focus DP you just lost your big chance to crit a MB which can destroy someone. The only thing DP really is good for is melees. DP can be blocked, DP can be cleansed, DP can be shadow warded, so the only classes it’s really ‘good’ against is a solo hunter, rogue, warrior. In which case shadow orbs are 100% better because you can spam stun them with the procs.

DP<All other racials. Fight me

2 Likes