Dungeon Leavers: The solution for blizzard

To each their own

Absolutely not. The only reason loot is at the end of the dungeon in M+ is due to the timer. No one wants to stop for loot.

I do not want my normal dungeon experience like that just because a few degenerates want to get around the deserter debuff.

I think there should be a combination of solutions. If you leave if for any reason before first boss have a penality volcano situation. First time offence in the day is only 1M, next 5M then 10M then 20M then 1Houe, then 2Hours and then simply booted for the day. Iā€™m sorry nobody should need to leave mid dungeon that often for any good excuse. If your that busy that day, think of others and just donā€™t. Next step is to put all loot at the end but let people know what loot they got to drop. So atleast you still see if something is dropping and you get that feeling. You just need to put in the extra work to earn it. Lastly create an algorithim that sticks leavers with leavers. If your noted to leave more often then staying your queue would be more likely to be with people who leave as well. that should cover all the bases.

1 Like

End of loots just seems to b the best solution at the moment to make the most people happy. Iā€™m willing to entertain other ideas in order to make everyone happy if those that disagree have alternative solutions.

Make your own groups people holy mother of cheese whiz

1 Like

Hard disagree. Leave my loot alone and put the deserter debuff back the way it used to be: you leave, you get a debuff. You get kicked, you get a debuff. Done.

There is no way to make everyone happy.

There is a dungeon debuff in place if someone leaves prior to a boss kill.
If they show you the loot you got before the end of the dungeon and its not the loot you want, it wouldnā€™t fix the problem they are addressing.
Sticking leavers with leavers would help the leavers but hurt the casuals. thank you for the input, but Iā€™m tryign to make as many parties happy as possible without the Blizzard standard nerf, ban, kill mantra

You are looking at each piece as individuals solutions. Only works as a combination.

I donā€™t think it works as a combination because all of those solutions are already implemented or contradict eachother

The cost of convenience has been a killer.

1 Like

theres always those that want to watch the world burn

We canā€™t all be deathwing.

sorry had to try to put in a joke.

That cool. I would rather have a discussion with jokes, then an arugment with insults.

2 Likes

Yeah, generally speaking I try to be chill and not insult people. Truth of the matter is this is a public forum people come here to vent and share ideas and many people are attached to their ideas as a personal extension of themselves. So many subjects can become more sensitive then they should be. We just need to view ourselves as allies more then enemies cause end of the day everyone just wants a better playing experience we just disagree on what that looks like.

Exactly. Its better to find a way to play together, than to isolate eachother.

I mean, Iā€™m fine with that, too. The ā€˜problemā€™ in question doesnā€™t really need solved, but if it were to be solved, Iā€™d prefer dungeon loot at the end. Better than the garbage other people come up with.

2 Likes

To be honest with follower dungeons, and delves. LFG may be outdated. The need to queue for content outside of raids may no longer be needed. Unless follower raids are made to replace LFR. Which iā€™d be down for as well.

True. I mean we canā€™t remove dungeon finder. its there for a reason, and serves its purpose. I say they move it to the end of the dungeon and then find a more permamnent solution later.

Well. Follower dungeons are too new. The AI is awful, and the npc canā€™t funtion right. It wonā€™t remove LFG in the state that its in. Iā€™m sure follower raids in 7 years away from being a thing lol.

Perhaps, Idk. I found them to be functional enough for getting the story done. Which is all LFG is kinda for. From there you can move on to mythic, delve, or raids for gearing which isnā€™t a queued thing. Ontop of that AI is advancing really rapidly, I wouldnā€™t be shocked if we see some of those advancements in the game in 1 to 2 expansions from now.

yea we agree there. 1 to 2 expansions i can see them masterying AI in dungeons and then 7 years for raids