Dungeon Leavers: The solution for blizzard

I have seen some posts of the Dungeon Leaver issue in heroic. First, I would like to note that this will be fixed in 2 weeks when everyone doing it moves on to M0 and M+. However, since blizzard is planning to hotfix it, I scoured the sources for the best possible solution to this problem. The best solution is to transition all dungeon loot to be similar to M+. Put the loot at the end of the dungeon. This has all the benefits of desired outcomes without any similar drawbacks.

Edit: Coggali suggested that if you make a premade group, and walk into the dungeon it will revert to looting bosses individually. That way premade guilds, and friends can still do what they want. I support this idea as a combination to loot at the end of dungeon for queing.

10 Likes

The only solution imo, players will still leave even with M0 if the item they want doesn’t drop since they’re on lockout anyways but still hurt the group trying to find a replacement for the player who left.

If they wanted to make a treasure room at the end of dungeons, I’d be good with that. It’s not like dungeons are any harder than delves after all.

I’ve not seen this mass leaving yet in tww, but I remember shadowlands and people were incentivized to do it constantly. With those legendary recipe things. It was nonstop, and I’m surprised that it wasn’t brought up then.

3 Likes

The best solution is if anyone leaves the dungeon early, even if they dc and get voted out, is for their character to be deleted permanently and forever. Its for their own good.

8 Likes

honestly like you and Aerra said they should just have a treasure room at the end of dungeons for you to “Loot” an item from the dungeon.
It would solve the problem.

2 Likes

as you mentioned this is a non issue so who cares

1 Like

What the hell for? I was running dungeons with 4 friends last night and we would just stop and reset after the boss we needed loot from (for example, 2nd boss in rookery).

How about we remove computer-assigned queues, instead? All you guys ever do is complain about them.

2 Likes

well for future expansions and content it can be applied to their, also we got 11 more days until it’s not a problem anymore.

i had to read same kind of posts during wotlk and how people get a 30 min wait penalty when they are kicked. let’s stop pretending that this is anything new

1 Like

I may have to agree that the only real solution is put the loot at the end of the dungeon. I don’t think the debuff will do a lot to reduce it. It’ll just lead to increased queue times as healers & tanks wait off their debuffs to try again. This happened to me twice today out of 3 heroic dungeons. So I’m feeling a little extra salty about it.

I mean at this point it’s just spam.

Just remove all the other bosses then, why have more bosses if they aren’t going to drop anything

I mean there is nothing wrong with having a treasure room at the end of the dungeon. It would be the same logic as the delves. I don’t really care either way, but it is a good idea I think.

2 Likes

I like seeing the loot on the bosses, I understand why it works the way it does for m+ but I would still rather loot each boss there too

1 Like

It’s the only way to be sure.

Then you can skip looting the bosses in between, and just have it mailed to you.

Have fun with that. Leave me out, though.

1 Like

Treasure at the end seems interesting, sure, it is annoying when randoms drop and got to wait for a backfill; especially when a backfill drops as soon as they enter cause they looking for that boss as well lol. But these threads are really not an end all be all type situation. Loot is fine as is being attached to each of the bosses.

As well, if your really thinking your flexing your petty with these “solution” spam threads, why not at least make the early deserter penalty interesting with these threads, go big or go home type solution.

1st Offence 30min standard.
2nd, Increase it by 2 hrs.
3rd increase by 16hrs.
4th increase by 72hrs.

If left early after 1st boss defeat more than five times in a weeks time, account/warband locked out of all group content for 16 business days. Having a visual :no_pedestrians: over the character themselves for the entire duration.

You do know that’s how Mythic + works, why not have a similar system for heroics/normals?

Because it’s not as fun, I understand why m+ does it, but even there I’d like to loot per boss

1 Like

I find the treasure rooms in the delves more enjoyable to loot than each individual boss personally.