Dungeon Encounter Adjustments - June 8

There’s a difference between a mechanic hurting and a mechanic being an unavoidable RNG death. There are some specs where if castigate targets you enough times in a row, you’re just dead. Nothing you can do about it. There is a reward for timing +20s, so everything has to be reasonably completeable by all specs with enough skill.

This lady has way too many mechanics and whoever designed the fight should be embarrassed. Why does she do unavoidable AoE damage while everyone is dodging stuff and healers aren’t able to heal because they’re dodging too.

Somewhere between 10% and 16% of players have Keystone Master (ie: roughly +15s) this season based on Dataforazeroth and WoWhead data. VS the 69%-82% who have Keystone Initiate.

I wouldn’t say the players between 16% and 69% (being generous) are the “bubble” here as much as the people in the top 10%.

2 Likes

My main is running 20s - 23s right now, almost to a 3k rating …

…and even I would say I’m surprised a bit by these nerfs, and don’t think they were needed (with the exception of the 3rd boss in SD casting Tyr abilities on Fort weeks – that’s not a nerf, that’s a straight-up bug fix that should have been handled a long time ago).

As others have noted, the rewards stop at the 20 level. Everything over 20 (or a 3k rating, to be more accurate) is bragging rights. I get it if there could be a way to do these changes on a bent curve that flattened after the 20 level. I doubt I’ll ever go 30s but if I did, I would want to do them on the same playing field as those who have tried them before me.

Someone brought up the Xav fight. My main’s a hunter this tier, I get the complaint over that stomp, but what I’d rather see in the future is – if you’re going to require people to know when to pop a defensive to deal with a mechanic – is make sure classes don’t have abilities like Turtle on such a long CD.

Castigate can be handled by raid positioning and add control. Whoever gets the circle isolates on one side of the hallway and the healer and any hybrid DPS you have pump healing there; damage going out other than Castigate is manageable so long as people have focused the add down so both abilities aren’t going off at once. That particular boss is an exercise in not tunneling. If you’re not tunneling and still can’t kill the add in time, that means your team has a DPS issue.

1 Like

what’s the point of nerfs when there’s keystone levels?