Dungeon Encounter Adjustments - June 8

Hello everyone.

We’ve recently deployed a hotfix that adjusts the difficulty of a several dungeon encounters. Here are the changes:

• Necrotic Wake
    • Nalthor the Rimebinder
      • Icebound Aegis absorb reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
  • Sanguine Depths
    • Executor Tarvold
      • Castigate damage reduced by 20%.
    • Grand Proctor Beryllia
      • Agonize damage reduced by 20%.
      • Fixed an issue causing some abilities to scale with the Fortified affix instead of the Tyrannical affix.
  • Spires of Ascension
    • Astronos, Lakesis, and Klotos
      • Health reduced by 20%.
      • Aura of Intimidation damage reduced by 20%.
  • Theater of Pain
    • Xav the Unfallen
      • Seismic Leap damage reduced by 10%.
11 Likes

Okile-dokilee.

1 Like

decent changes

2 Likes

Yo where are the mists 1st boss nerfs??? hello???

8 Likes

Are these live?

1 Like

How about fixing Seismic Leap (a physical attack) so that it’s properly mitigated by armor as well? That’s part of the reason it hits so unreasonably hard. Flat % nerfs won’t fix that issue.

4 Likes

Much appreciated updates, it’s really great to see updates coming this late in the season.

3 Likes

Considering it’s an infinite scaling system why bother with things that are going to keep coming up again and again anyway because of math?

1 Like

Good. I wish this happened before I bricked a 25 that should’ve been an easy 2-chest, but good.

Again, this is a very good thing that drastically reduces the amount of damage going out on this fight on Fort weeks.

…wish this happened yesterday too, since I bricked a 27 due to these guys being so ridiculous. But nevertheless, it’s a very necessary change.

Make Armor reduce this damage on top of this nerf. Hunters and Priests are still getting 1shot by this in high enough keys and the fact that this hit ignores Armor to this day is still nonsensical.

And I second what Humanity said here. Ingra needs to be absolutely obliterated in its current state; if you’re gonna nerf Nalthor the Rimebinder (a boss that takes an eternity and spirals out of control quickly because of how long it takes due to the Icebound Aegis), Ingra Maloch needs a massive nerf as well.

4 Likes

A bit late considering the season is pretty much over and we won’t see these dungeons again …

2 Likes

Wonderful =D

1 Like

Weird that they didn’t touch Blightbone’s belch damage and also the 3rd boss in Plaguefall. Both of these bosses will basically one shot you on Tyrannical at +24 or higher if you don’t have a CD up and if you get bad RNG getting focused back-to-back than you’re dead.

Everything else seems fine though. Those 2 bosses in SD were just way too brutal on their damage output.

2 Likes

I lol’d. :blush:

yall gonna make heroic leap in the necropolis work the way it works everywhere else in the world anytime soon?

Can we give Theater 1 or 2 extra minute ?

3 Likes

I’m happy about these changes. I thought it would be too late to see them, but good! I would love a nerf to Ingra Maloch and actually Mistcaller as well. Growing menace stacks too quickly, please consider nerfing the 15% increase.

Where is the Ingra Maloch nerf?

Also remove Mistcaller’s third Guessing Game, it is just annoying AF when that appears when the boss is about to die

nerf the add on Tarvold

1 Like

Why? Dungeons aren’t even hard.

Too much nerfing content lately, how will people improve if the solutions are just nerfing?

They’re tuning specific mechanics that are outliers in terms of scaling.

What does this even mean?