Dungeon Difficulty: Poll

Any patch during vanilla will be flawed in difficulty, the mechanics for almost all boss raid or dung were much easier. No matter what vanilla boss mechanics were much more simplistic.

I agree. 1.12 just amplifies what is already an issue.

1 Like

I believe the reason they used 1.12 is cause that’s the data set that they have that is most complete. Giving us the most authentic possible experience, instead of using and earlier build were they have to do more guessing

1 Like

I’ve read them. Their dissertations are completely subjective. They also claim things that they have no way of proving. Like the whole parsing data… seriously you think blizzard can get data parses that no one else has been able to? give me a break.

I am all for discussion but when you don’t want to take things for what they are there isn’t much discussion to be had.

Blizzard explicitly said feel like 2006. They wrote a dissertation about how if you read in between the lines it means x. Yeah no thanks.

Their dissertations also don’t address half my points cause they are worried about the possibility it “won’t meet the imaginary threshold of hard enough.”

Exactly. Blizzard doesn’t do guesswork. Complete data or no data.

1 Like

What an amazingly naive belief.

While not untrue, this is a gross misrepresentation of my arguments.

Are you quoting me about you? I’m confused…

This is just not reality, but whatever man.

Yup, I’m done. You win.

2 Likes

I guess my opinion is it’s good to have this discussion out there, but my hope is that once Classic actually gets rolling, if it turns out that dungeons are so easy that people hate it, Blizz will buff or otherwise take action on their own. Still, it’s good to get this on their radar screen as early as possible.

I don’t really think players are inherently better now than they were in 2006 (note… not 2004). There were obsessives back then. If it was possible to AoE down the Strat baron in pre-Strat gear, they did it. But obviously most people couldn’t.

One question indeed is whether Classic will attract a large bunch of noobs… so you’ll end up running Deadmines with 4 random people standing around Westfall who have no clue what they’re doing. If that is the case, I’m guessing it’ll still be pretty hard, 1.12 or no 1.12.

2 Likes

Calls people delusional kiddies and thinks that will help change minds

I personally enjoy compelling and memorable gameplay over loot pixels.

1 Like

If they can’t use older datas than 1.12 they could just buff the content. The buff will be decreasing throught each stages.

Then it’s gonna be a #NoChange since it’ll be here to compensate for the fact that we start in 1.12 and to recreate an authentic experience.

Don’t you want to get Vanilla Features + Experience ? Not only the features.

1 Like

90% of the difficulty in Classic is self inflicted.

Most of the pulls are splittable. Most roamers avoidable.

Line of sight pulling trivializing most dungeons. Warriors charging packs or pulling groups with casters and not line of sighting them, or using sheep to pull makes for the chain agro that made classic so difficult.

Nothing any private server player says should be taken seriously.

3 Likes

I’ll have you know that according to most pserver players. They will make up a majority of the classic playerbase. So if that’s true we should cater to them or classic will fail.

2 Likes

They don’t have the complete data. So good luck with that theory.

Got something where they say they don’t have complete data? Cause iirc in the blizzcon panel they explicitly state they have complete 1.12 data. Nothing complete from before.

Or is this the same line of thinking that blizzard is lying to us about all of it.

Just watch this where they mention what database data they have:

https://youtu.be/hhKkP8LryYM?t=399)

Shortly after they talk about all the other 1.12 data they have and how its all the complete data (art assets, source code, database data). So I’m going to assume this is the same train of thought of others that blizzard is lying.

:rofl:

:black_small_square:

3 Likes

I wish that were the case…

No.

Dungeons are fine. People need to get over it.

1 Like

From blizzcon panel:
In restoring World of Warcraft Classic, our guiding principle has been to provide an authentic experience. Things might run a bit smoother and the hardware is better, but the game should still look and feel like you’re playing World of Warcraft from 2006. Things like combat equations, original models, and hunter skills are certainly part of that—but things like social dynamics are a part of that too. The reliance on others, the effort it took to assemble a group, and how that impacted your journey into a dungeon—these were all part of the classic experience that we wanted to preserve.

What about this says they need or should buff the content? This is their goal and premise. Where in here does it say they wanted to preserve the first time people stepped into Azeroth in 2004?

Wait. It specifically says look and feel like you’re playing from 2006? That’s weird…

Here’s another good excerpt from it:

To preserve that balance—and to avoid the slippery slope of retuning patch 1.12 data to compensate for such modern-era changes—

Now I know you said nothing about modern era changes, but lets be honest. Completely honest. Most of the ease is from modern era changes, 15 years of mmo gaming experience people didn’t have then.

Now if you want to show me where dungeons were nerfed so much I will gladly change my mind.

No.

No changes.

Even suggesting changes means you don’t belong in classic.

And speaking this way means you don’t have a brain.

No changes from what? Vanilla? Vanilla is a moving target with variable difficulty, with 1.12 being the easiest patch and thus, not a good representation of Vanilla as a whole.

1 Like