Dungeon Difficulty: Poll

• Type “Yes” for increased dungeon difficulty.

• Type “No” for easy dungeon difficulty.

3 Likes

Is “keep it the way they are” an answer?

I don’t want any changes.

87 Likes

If the difficulty now is truly the same difficulty as original retail, then I would say keep it the way it is. But, I definitely don’t remember it being as easy as I’ve seen on videos and live streams.

A shaman healer healed all of his dungeons without having to drink, spare one dungeon, on a video I just watched.

1 Like

C - whatever it was in Classic

16 Likes

you’re also watching people that have played Classic/Vanilla WoW for years on private servers and others, such as Rank 1 Gladiators, Mythic raiders, etc. you’re not watching some random joe that can barely click his spells.

these dungeons are, in fact, as difficult as they were originally. but, the game has changed significantly from 1.0 to 1.12., including the players themselves. we don’t have Warriors tanking in cloth/leather now 'cuz it has more stamina and healers aren’t panic-healing when someone takes 2 points of damage.

19 Likes

Make it authentic to what it was in 1.12.

If that’s easy, then it’s easy. The point is to get the game back, not our personal experiences back.

20 Likes

But have you played retail? I have, and I definitely do not remember it being that easy. I remember having some horribly hard times in some dungeons, especially Scarlet Monastery.

4 Likes

Must be cool to have photographic memory from 15 years ago.

17 Likes

Can…can we each individually actually try it out for ourselves first or…no?

4 Likes

I actually do remember wiping at least two or three if not more times to get Sword of Omen on my Undead Rogue 15 years ago. It was not an easy breezy experience.

2 Likes

I think the content should be adjusted to make up for the advantage 1.12 gives players in terms of gear and talents and any possible nerfs that were introduced along the way. No one petitioned for a perfect 1.12 rendition.

8 Likes

But how do you do that?
Some people are actually coming into this for the first time,what about them?

It’s best to leave it as it was because for everybody who knows better now there’s somebody who doesn’t or never knew at all or didn’t learn as much as the last guy and so on.

4 Likes

Your memory is irrelevant in the face of actual stats. Three times now Blizzard has publicly dived into the code and confirmed that the beta numbers are accurate to their reference client. That’s what Classic should be based on, not people saying “Oh well, it was totally harder back in the day!”

You were worse at the game then. You’re better now. And thus, its easier.

9 Likes

I don’t think it’s just that. I think most people ran the lowbie dungeons leveling in 2005, and that’s what they remember. But they were obviously nerfed and/or players were buffed between '05 and 1.12.

But I agree, not much that can be done about it. Blizzard has to pick a patch and go with it. They chose 1.12, so it is what it is. It will still be much more challenging than LFD in modern WoW.

3 Likes

Honestly I’m only waiting for one more number check to say that Classic is 100% accurate.

I wanna know that they have enemy attack speeds correct. Because someone told me that Blizz could have damage values right but have the enemies on a normalized speed, leading to “easier” fights.

4 Likes

1.12 came with a number of nerfs, especially for 1-10 content. But I’m sure part of the perception issue is from player skill as well. We’re used to retail WoW which is a LOT more mechanically complex. We’re more aware of proper level brackets instead of trying to run VC at 15.

Plus a lot of our reference points on Classic VS Vanilla are coming from twinked out 30s using oddball builds and comps specifically to beat content way overleveled.

1 Like

No, I question how accurate those numbers truly are. Since this is a “beta” test. If you’ve actually played original retail you might understand where I’m coming from.

This is a combination of 1.12 classes being stronger than earlier points in Vanilla, and the average player having more access to online guides telling them exactly how to build and optimize their characters.

Plus depending on which videos you’re watching, a streamer being fed a bunch of gear by their fanbase isn’t indicative of the gear the average player in Classic will have.

Some streamers are basically at twink level gear.

3 Likes

what happened to #Nochanges

2 Likes

For those who run the elite content in BFA, sure. But it will be a significant step up for the average player who mainly runs LFD and LFR, where yeah, there is complexity, but none of the complexity actually matters at all because it’s so faceroll easy. I don’t think many of the latter group are any more skilled than the average player was in 2005. There has been no need for them to develop their skills, so many haven’t.