Dungeon and Raid Tuning and Updates This Week

Shouldn’t many of the changes since the expansion started have been done from the input of the play test server before SL launched? I realize you make some fine tuning after the expansion begins but seriously there have been hundreds of fixes of bugs, class balance changes, dungeon and raid balances.

What’s the purpose of a play test server if you have to make hundreds of changes after the game has launched?

2 Likes

I am just surprised by some of the nerfs. Were people really having that much trouble with mythic and low key necrotic wake?

1 Like

yes but what about legion?

2 Likes

Or you just CC mages and the bowman which many groups already do so this does not change much. I guess now you can try to just yolo the pull.

Necrotic wake was one of the more difficult, unforgiving with the timer keystones… I’d say it was warranted. Especially Amarth being one of the more difficult/pain bosses on tyrannical.

2 Likes

Good job addressing issues without actually addressing any of the issues.

6 Likes

Anyone else open this thread thinking they were going to be tuning the dungeons and raids that are broken? Like the legacy ones?

5 Likes

As someone who’s group wiped on Necrotic +4 multiple times, yes.

Maybe many of us were undergeared. Maybe we weren’t approaching trash the right way. Maybe some of us (including possibly me) sucked.

But, yes, there are still people not being carried who are having problems. In fact, I could argue that people who sell carry runs are the problem, because they’re gearing people up, but they’re not learning the tactics that they need.

Anyway, do you think Blizz doesn’t keep track of this stuff? I’m sure they know exactly how many times each mob kills someone, how many times people wipe, and where, the average time per kill or wipe, and even what food people eat most before they get started. So if they’re making changes, they’re making changes in places that are stopping people.

1 Like

So glad to see Stone Legion Generals finally getting some changes. The boss fight was downright absurd in its original state so giving the fight a semblance of consistency is great.

Sanguine Depths might need a few more nerfs but we’ll see.

Necrotic Wake went from being an egregiously bad dungeon to becoming probably one of the best overall keys. You LOVE to see it.

4 Likes

Necrotic Wake was an egregious key and Amarth was extremely infamous for being an absurd boss that spiralled out of control very quickly on Tyrannical weeks.

Literally everything about the dungeon depended upon people living so they could keep their Javelins/Hammers/Orbs for Amarth, using those items to trivialize a wave or two of adds, and to hopefully have enough DPS to avoid dealing with a raw third or fourth wave of adds on that fight alongside Lust+Prideful.

This entire fight was the second boss in the dungeon and everything about him and everything leading up to him could break a key even more easily than the absurd Stitchwerks after him.

The Necrotic Wake renamed to just The Wake.

2 Likes

Or you just CC the ranged adds. As long as they are stunned or some kind of CC you won’t blow up during final harvest and you don’t have to kill them. The mobs will just disappear after final harvest and have no affect on the group. Assuming you have multiple people that can CC and people don’t attack them you can make the fight much easier.

O I know, if you could take Amarth down you were fine, otherwise you were screwed.

That’s great. but I still can’t do the content as my spec is absolute trash and no one will inv me.

Please fix class balance

1 Like

Apparently so. Baddies who just want to faceroll everything I guess.

On dh?

Most wanted pvp flag holder.
Best kiting tank atm
Pretty good dmg all around
Can see stealthies in arena even.

Wat class are you even playing? Dh is overloaded

i said spec. Vengence isnt my spec. Havoc is trash in all game modes currently.

1 Like

What’s the point of this? Most of this is completely unnecessary. It’s not going to make the exodus stop.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

As a player that goes with LFG for every Key, I’d say those nerfs are more than welcome.

I wouldn’t dare step into NW and SD during Tyrannical weeks for past bad experiences. NW most groups would just disband after wiping on Amarth, or when someone just died in the way and lost a Javelin.

Another point is that the dungeon is heavily tuned for having a Kyrian player there. With Kyrian buff in this dungeon, it makes few pulls so forgivable. Blightbone is trivialized with it, as the mini boss Nar’zudah is.

For Sanguine Depths, I’m not sure how this will play on fortified weeks, but for Tyrannical these nerfs will make the dungeon become one of my favorites now.