Dumb endings that you think will happen

what are some endings for bfa that are so dumb that you think blizzard’s current writers would actually do.

i think they will go with a “sylvanas made a deal with nzoth” with how she helps them with this war, and she lures us to nazjatar where we fall into azshara’s trap who was waiting for us, and eventually uses our heart of azeroth to weaken nzoths chains

what dumb ending do you think will happen

17 Likes
  • Sylvanas wins, taking out Thrall in mak’gora or something. Then just stays around and the player still follows her.

We already follow her with practically zero motivation now. Who’s to say Steve D. or some Sylvanas fanboy didn’t at least think about trying to keep her?

• Any status quo or non-ending

Like if each faction takes a continent, the fleets are destroyed and the fight ends in a stalemate. Or N’Zoth rises and we suddenly put aside our differences… again. Or a 1:1 repeat of Mists.

5 Likes

Sylvanas is revealed to be an old god cultist all along and started this war solely to free nzoth.

36 Likes

I don’t think there’s any ending at this point that won’t be bad.

54 Likes
  1. Sylvanas remains in power, it’s revealed that she had Teldrassil burned(and everyone in it) to save us from N’zoth who was secretly corrupting it through the emerald nightmare, everyone including the Night elves forgive her, showers her in praise, Saurfang and Baine apologize for rebelling, and everyone moves on.

2. Civil war 2 succeeds, Saurfang or Baine becomes Warchief and is acknowledged as such by Anduin for their “valor” and “honor”. The Hordes’ numerous crimes are forgiven, Tyrande gets lectured by Anduin about forgiving the Horde, she complies and allows the Horde to keep Ashenvale in exchange for Darkshore, and everyone is happy.

3. Civil war 2 fails, Saurfang, Baine, and Thrall are killed. Lor’themar begs for Sylvanas’s forgiveness, so she kills him and makes him her undead servant, and the rest of the Horde welcomes their new Elven/Forsaken overlords.

4. Any ending that sees Sylvanas in any position other than incarceration, death, or exile.

5. Any ending that sees Baine or Saurfang appointed as Warchief.

6. Alliance wins, executes Sylvanas, and dissolves the Horde.

7. Sylvanas wins, executes the Alliance leadership, raises their fallen, turns on the living races of the Horde, kills and raises them too, rules over a world of ash and misery.

8. What @Reallyhappy said

26 Likes

With Horde being the larger faction (and loaded with Sylvanas fanboys) and BfA subs so fragile, I think Blizzard has serious apprehension about getting rid of her character. I’m betting they don’t straight up kill her.

with each day i get more sure that bfa is just a excuse to get rid of sylvanas

4 Likes

This is legit the most likely scenario.

War against life? Check. Killing anyone who doesn’t worship her as God-Queen? Check. Using an Old God weapon? Yup. All this talk about forging a new destiny for the Horde? Totally.

Bringing us to Nazjatar too? Btw, why are we even there? Trying to follow this story is giving me a headache.

It’s starting to feel like one of those ‘choose your own ending’ children’s books.

4 Likes

Sylvanas is being mind controlled by Helya from a pocket universe we never heard of before.

Because Helya makes pocket universes.

That was their deal. They share space. Until we free Sylvanas from the pact, and she becomes “good”.

3 Likes

This is the one I believe to be most likely. And definitely in my top three most abyssmal options.

28 Likes

With the way the Nelfs are treated I could see them happily giving up both Ashenvale and Darkshore, retreated back to Felwood and cleaning that place up as penance for ever thinking to object to the hordes wishes.

5 Likes

and then hand the now cleaned up felwood to the horde

3 Likes

Oh of course, For holding back the Hordes access to lumber for years.

4 Likes

A Kerrigan redemption arc for Sylvanas that allows her to stay in power as leader of the Forsaken but not as WC. Saurfang or Baine ends up as WC.

I don’t think that they’ll get rid of Sylvanas, but they can’t completely hit the reset button.

3 Likes

Re-subbed in hopes of gettin’ into the Classic Beta (though that ship has probably sailed).

Read what was coming in 8.2… Yep, still just MOP 2.0

The only ending that could maybe, possibly, slim-chance get me to come back is anything NOT Horde Civil War 2.

I’d even take a hamfisted Kerrigan 2.0 OR Sylvanas was playin’ 4D chess with everyone… just as long as it’s not Horde Civil War 2.

Until that happens, I’ll be hanging out in FFXIV and Classic WOW.

6 Likes

lor’themar and jaina have the same exact conversation they had in 5.2 blizzard isnt even trying to hide it anymore!

21 Likes

Sylvanas escapes to an alternate universe where Azeroth was Annihlated by the scourge, but Kael’thas managed to conquer outland, where they will use the dark portal to invade our Azeroth.

14 Likes

Wow. That sounds… Great!

Can this Sylvanas’s Scourge + Kaelthas’s Outland be a playable Faction?

Asking for a more evil friend…

8 Likes

Hehe, I was starting to ask myself the same question… I think, yeah it should be.

In no particular order…

-Anduin / Jaina completely saves the day. (Anduin marries Taelia while we’re at it).
-“Warchief” Baine / “Warchief” Saurfang.
-Nathanos leads the Forsaken.
-Thrall saves the day somehow.
-Alleria, Umbric, and the Void Elves save the day.
-Sylvanas does nothing.
-Everyone rallies together to stop the wound, just in time.
-Calia does anything.
-Derek does anything.
-Talanji forgives the Alliance for killing her father.
-Sylvanas does anything.
-Tyrande forgives everyone.
-Anything involving N’Zoth / the void being the root of all evil
-N’Zoth being killed.
-Pretty much anything not ending with Bronze / Infinite drakes just retconning the world into oblivion.

Maybe, just maybe, we’ll wind up with the good ending where everything’s been orchestrated by Lorewalker Cho and Crithto the Pug, and we’re all too late to stop their plans from succeeding.

14 Likes