Dumb endings that you think will happen

Sylvanas is revealed to actually be a spider alien who feeds on the tears of Kaldorei fans through a psychic connection wrought with necromantic power through the corpse of a giant turtle that used to protect the battle.net servers from arcane interference.

BfA has left her so empowered her that only a small band of misfit children from WoW comics no one has read can defeat her, and only after using the power of underage orgies to buff themselves against her plot armor powers.

They succeed, but some of her eggs survive under the care of Nathanos to eventually plague us in future expansions.

I have a very high bar for what Blizzard might do.

5 Likes

I feel like 99.9% of endings to this expansion are dumb. And they all have a good chance of occurring.

11 Likes

Anything short of a total retcon of this entire uninspired, unoriginal, low-effort abyssmal escuse for an expansion.

Fully expect to be disappointed.

18 Likes

If I woke up screaming from a fel-induced fever to discover that BfA was nothing but a nightmare, I would take such an ending as a win.

Any story that uses the it-was-just-a-dream trope is total trash to begin with.

So, if a it-was-just-a-dream is an improvement on your story…

13 Likes

It occurred to me that if N’zoth wins and Azeroth dies along with the Horde and Alliance, then there’s room for a Time Heist motive next expansion where our focus is undoing our loss and/or remaking the world.

Such a scenario, where we get our own Infinity Gauntlet of sorts, let’s Blizzard effectively restore the status quo; including reverting the destruction of Lordaeron and Teldrassil.

I hope this does not happen.

2 Likes

The player character becomes Warchief

7 Likes

Azeroth is free! Forsaken and Night Elves cheering together

22 Likes

Anduin becomes Warchief

5 Likes

You know, it is sad when we start hoping for an ending that is inspired by a bad 80’s show. #Bobby’s Alive!

5 Likes

Hey Prey used it and that was a great game. Not every just a dream ending is terrible, just most of them.

1 Like

Considering Blizzard likes to ride the hype of pop culture… and given how successful Endgame was… I wouldn’t put it past Blizzard to do this.

4 Likes

My theory is sylvsnas will use the black blade on nzoth afyer showing up at the raid for reasons with it that will never be explained. Then she will use it and the power of the alliance and horde to take over the workd soul of azeroth

Sylvanas is tragically mercy killed by Nathanos after being corrupted by Nzoth. A week later, a dejected Nathanos is walking along the beach on Darkshore when suddenly he sees a commotion in the water. Nathanos watches in joy as a living Sylvanas rises from the water in a white dress. She explains that Nzoth kidnapped her before the fall of Silvermoon and replaced her with an evil clone. Sylvanas remained in stasis until Nathanos’s love drew her to the surface. She kisses him and he comes back to life. They get married, presided over by a beaming Tyrande of course, and have babies ever after. The End.

16 Likes

We’ve been constantly told how the timeline is immutable and deviations from this one flicker out in time. I really hope they don’t try their hand at another time travel plot.

4 Likes

like people said any end who don’t lead to sylvanas death will be a crap end.

And i can totally see they Kerrigan’ed her soon

3 Likes

Tyrande will die by Sylvanas’s hand.
Thrall’s family will be killed off screen to drive home the point that Sylvanas is evil.
Anduin will die, as a martyr to the Alliance, stopping/killing Sylvanas.
Jaina will become High Queen of the Alliance, and either her mother or brother will resume the role of KT’s Lord Admiral.
Genn and Shandris lead the surviving Night Elves and Worgen to colonize northern Lordaeron.
Sylvanas, defeated, will be dragged into the void by a bunch of shadowy tentacles, and she won’t be fully killed until the next expansion as a mind broken servant of N’zoth/the Void.

The next expansion will be called “Into the Void” and announced sometime early 2020, possibly late 2019.

6 Likes

you know i had this thought before when i saw uuna get dragged into the shadowlands by tentacles

4 Likes

The stage is set for siege of Orgrimmar 2.0… but before the raid can confront Sylvanas, Lord Uther appears, and explains “if you kill Sylvanas, her forsaken fanboys will run amok all across Azeroth, or even unsubscribe! … there must always be a Banshee Queen.”
Of course the raid party is having none of this crap. They look at Uther like he is a moron and proceed to fight Sylvanas. When Sylvanas reaches 1 HP she discreetly possesses one of the raid party and celebrates her own defeat. Azeroth is free!

6 Likes

I’d have to agree that the best possible ending from this xpac is Victoria Principal waking up and saying she just had the most awful dream, and we can all go back to Legion again.

The worst ending would be Sylvanas being found in the final raid, tortured by N’zoth. We free her (because of reasons) and she pops up at the end to join hands with Tyrande and shout “Azeroth! Is! Free!” and we all cheer. Some of us will wave our hands in the air with a tiny amount of care, the rest just don’t care at all.

Somewhere in the middle is an ending that keeps Sylvanas alive and avoids her facing any retribution whatsoever for her actions. That’s probably what we’ll get.

We’ll kill off Azshara. It’ll happen in the next raid, not even in the final raid of BfA. It’s not like she’s an important character or anything.

We’ll kill N’zoth. We always kill the old gods. Surely they must have spotted the pattern by now. There’ll be some hints about the void lords, but the tease will still disappoint when the next xpac is about uniting the murlocs to fight those creepy centaur guys.

We’ll return to ignoring the Night Elves (who?) and by 9.0, we’ll pretend most of BfA didn’t happen.

There’ll be a retcon about Sylvanas burning the tree, which will make it clear why she should never be punished and it turns out that “Burn it!” was her code for “Stop those people over there from burning it, 'cause we’d never do anything so heinous. We’re undead, but we’re not insane monsters!” Damn filler words. It’ll probably have something to do with Helya.

And we’ll never get a good answer as to why murdering someone and turning their corpse into an undead with some power to reason makes them immediately join their killers and seek to murder everyone they loved a few minutes before. We’ll be told that it’s not the right time to talk about that.

Anduin will court Taeaeaeeaelia (sp?) Everyone will wonder when he’s going to start lying, but that’ll turn out to be a different boy king, probably Wrathion. Who won’t come back for many xpacs because all his loose ends were so comprehensively wrapped up.

Calia Menethil won’t reappear in the story, unless she’s married to Med’an. And they’ll be riding a time-travelling dragon. And they’re all indestructible now. And they’ve just killed all the void lords. Like really easily. They’ll talk about uniting the Horde and the Alliance, and it’ll all make sense because every race will be inexplicably present in the two of them. They also have a way to turn naga back into high elves, which will be how they come into the story for the new unifaction called “Horliance” or maybe “Allorde”. And they have magic bones and magic skin! And… (slaps self a few times)

Magic Uncle, aka Khadgar, will continue to be completely absent from a story that impacts the entire world. As will the entire Kirin Tor. They’re washing their hair, and won’t be done until at least 9.0, possibly much later.

No-one will care about that gnome king, Meeky or whatever his name is. This isn’t new though, so committed gnome players won’t notice.

Princess Talanji will fall into line with the Horde, as a vassal state. That’s totally in keeping the the Zandalari character, and it’ll make complete sense to players who care about the story. They’re really a very humble people.

Bwonsamdi will be chewed out by his boss for losing a few souls, and have to do the sales reports in PowerPoint. We won’t hear from him again, he’s in presentation hell (it’s like Sylvanas’ super turbo hell, but with a projector).

Jaina will appoint one of her brothers to run Kul Tiras, and she’ll go back to the Kirin Tor for a reason we’ll never be told. It doesn’t matter which brother, since we’ll never come back and this powerful navy on a world of strategically critical islands will continue to be absent from the story.

Baine will be pretty embarrassed about his actions, but it’s all okay because by then everyone will be supporting him as the new Warchief. He’ll demand that everyone follows his commands without thought, which both demonstrates that power corrupts (a new and exciting story for the Horde) and that it’s okay to rebel unless it’s not.

Saurfang will die in battle, but it’ll be offscreen. It’ll be really heroic, but almost every single player will skip the quest text that explains it, so only this story forum will know. Zappy-boi will die too, but it won’t be written anywhere. We’ll just sort of know.

The new warchief will punish those who supported Sylvanas, by asking them not to do it again. Anduin taught him how to wag his finger. Players who supported the rebellion against Sylvanas will be patted on the head. Both groups will get precisely the same quests, etc from that point on, and both will be told at some point that the warchief really trusts them.

Genn will have an affair with an undead girl. She throws her radius and he fetches it back. They do this for hours at a time. He’s really happy, and has a lustrous coat.

Thrall will mope about, until Baine tells his to sod off back to his crumbling Outland. Because time moves differently there, his son will very conveniently be a full grown orc that will come to Azeroth to tell Thrall he left the gas on and Outland burned down. Aggra died in the fire, but no-one will talk about it.

Nathanos goes back to his farm in the Eastern Plaguelands and raises his two dogs again. It’s a quiet life, but he’s happier.

15 Likes

i thought you were gonna say nathanos would become the new banshee queen

5 Likes