Duelist weapon skins from Shadowlands/Legacy elite sets/enchants

In shadowlands, in order to unlock the duelist color of the weapons (white for s2, black handles for s3) you had to upgrade every single weapon to duelist from unranked in order to unlock the skin. Every single 1hander, shield, off hand and 2hander had to be upgraded.

I think this was probably the worst system possible for unlocking an ‘elite’ or duelist color variation as honor is capped at 15k, so you could sit at 15k for a long time and then hit duelist and all of a sudden you need 40k-50k honor to upgrade your gear+get all the duelist weapon colors.

Is there anyway these can be made obtainable for people who got duelist or above at the time but did not have time to sit there and farm a ton of honor for every weapon? Like the system right now is way better, you hit 2400 and you just spend a few marks of honor per weapon.

I was able to spend the time getting all of the 1h/shields, but the 2handers took way too long to farm honor for. There is no skill behind farming honor, only hitting duelist/elite, so if you got that achievement it would be pretty cool to at least have the ability to get those colors for marks of honor. I normally do not promote the return of items that are unobtainable via pvp, but I think this would be fine since you got the achievement at the time and the upgrade system was bad. Thoughts?

Edit: This also applies to MoP/wod enchants, legacy elite sets from wod/mop/cata/wrath, elite weapons, etc.

3 Likes

I still dont have my MOP Weapon Enchant. So no.

6 Likes

Did you get the achievement at the time?

Yes

1 Like

Well then you should absolutely be able to get it. Thats insane.

I’ve heard of people having some of the MoP achievements but not having the elite set unlocked, i think thats absolute BS. You should 100% have that enchant.

You got the achievement at the time, you put in the work, you get your reward. Shouldnt matter if you buy the reward 2 years later if you got the achiev when it was current, thats all that should matter.

Btw it works this way for WoD challenge modes. If you got the gold Achiev, there is a vendor that gives you the weapons.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean it would make sense. But its Blizzard we’re talking about here.

I agree about being able to buy items that you met the cutoffs for. I have a couple elite sets that are missing like one piece or something. Like the belt from my ruthless set for dk. Feet from cataclysmic.

1 Like

Yeah i mean thats why i made the post, they do seem to be listening and I know holinka is around here sometimes. If it gets traction at all maybe they will look at it. People have also mentioned this before as it seems to be common especially from MoP for some reason.

Keeping it unobtainable is fine, i dont think anything should be brought back for a modern day achievement, but you literally obtained it and have the achiev to prove it. So do i for the SL duelist weapons.

Extremely unlikely.

Sure but worth bringing up i think? How can you have people that earned the achievement, which is the entire goal, and not have the reward from that?

I point to wod challenge modes for this again. That was like 8 years ago i think and if you got the achiev you can still buy the weapons. Same for MoP cms actually too.

Because they consider the currency to be one of the requirements.

A better comparison would’ve been legacy elite sets which are also not returned.

1 Like

you have mop duelist but not enchant? i’m confused how is this possible

Legacy elite sets? Like wrath you mean?

and currency being a requirement is insane. Farming honor from spamming comp stomp is not even remotely close to hitting duelist or elite or any of that. I disagree with this approach entirely, you get the achievement that unlocks the rewards you should be able to go back and buy those rewards any time with like marks of honor or something.

If you put in the work and hit that goal, it shouldnt matter if you log out for 5 months and a new season hits, you should be able to purchase what you earned.

If memory serves Bloody Dancing still required 2200.

Wrath had weaponry but not sets. Basically even if they’re able to verify that you qualified for a set or piece (earned 2k or 2.2k during a particular season) they don’t know if you had the conquest/honor to purchase it.

1 Like

Its actually relatively common it seems. Venruki and many other people have missing elite sets from MoP and prior too even though they literally hit glad in those seasons.

It did, but they restricted it to duelist afterwards to unlock the illusion for w/e reason. Presumably because in s12/13 it was a BoE that could be traded? Idk.

1 Like

Because tech or whatever. Going off seasonal Duelist/Hero is possible whereas tracking who earned 2200 when apparently wasn’t so here we are.

People who didn’t keep a spare illusion item in their bags were potentially borked.

They added seasonal 2k achievements in Legion.

Oh yeah thats absolutely ridiculous lol. Who cares if you had the conq or honor? The achiev doesnt say go unlock 10k honor, it says hit 2200 or hit 2100 or hit 2400. That is the achievement or the requirement to unlock at least.

They do, apparently, so here we are. Maybe one day it’ll change. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Thats what we’d hope for. Very stupid to prevent people from getting a reward they earned because they didnt farm comp stomp for 20 hours or took a break after hitting that rank and didnt buy wrath weapons they earned or whatever.

I think specifically for tyrannical the achievement to unlock was like 15k conquest earned in a season. But if you didn’t buy it you don’t own it regardless of having that achievement or not.

Which isn’t consistent with their approach to duelist for example.

It’s all a mess.

2 Likes