Due To Suspicous Activity, Account Locked (WOW51900314)

Recently, within the past 2 months, when I log out, and come back to log in… or if I get dc’ed and try to log back in, I get the following error at the log in screen:

“Due to suspicious actiivity, this account has been locked. A message has been sent to this account’s email address containing details on how to resolved this issue (WOW51900314)”

… I have played 14 years, do not use third party programs, have not changed anything on my pc or connection. I have run the WoW repair tool, took care of all the cache fixes, but this still happens every time I try to log on from the log in screen.

Well nothing can be done over the forums the email tells you how to apeal.

1 Like

Have you used the WoW app, or played hearthstone on a mobile network?

My recommendation would be to get an Authenticator if you don’t have one yet.

6 Likes

How are you connecting to the game? Usually when you get your account locked like that, means the connection pattern has changed. Are you using a VPN or tethering? do you have an authenticator and/or SMS protection on your account?

4 Likes

Been touched on already, but just want to reinforce.

Are you using a VPN by chance? This can jump you all over the place. While not against the rules, it is also not supported. So if your logins jump like that, they will lock the account to play it on the safe side

And do you have an authenticator? This will most likely eliminate the issue entirely if you do not. You can download it on the Google Play store, or the Apple store. It is free. If you would prefer a physical copy, you can purchase one in the shop as well.

That isn’t entirely true. One can find out information to hopefully help them understand what is happening, and maybe prevent it going forward. The action has nothing to do with being suspended or otherwise having their account closed, it is simply the security protections being triggered. :slight_smile:

Generally speaking, you’ll see that message when our security system notices a change in access. This usually happened when you log in from a different location from your normal access point.

Do you use a VPN? Do you know if you IP changes often? That should really be the only thing that is causing it as a VPN can cause you to look like you are in a different location then you are.

As the others mentioned, if you add an additional security method, like the Authenticator, the security system is a bit more forgiving. If you have a mobile device you can pick up the app for free.

If an Authenticator isn’t an option for you, I’d recommend posting in our Technical Support forum, they might have more ideas on what could be causing it. Our system is designed to help protect your account, it shouldn’t be triggering simply by logging in after a disconnect (unless that disconnect is caused by someone from another location trying to log into the account).

8 Likes

No it doesn’t! It tells me nothing. It only says if you DIDN’T attempt to log in. But I did!

3 Likes

Just got this same warning, couldn’t log back, no email sent out. Tried to log back a few minutes after with no problems. How is this possible and gg on the classic queue time because of this.

Thank You so much for getting it pushed thru. I just got the email that i am back in Azeroth!!! xD

2 Likes

I think you may have meant to post in the thread your brother-in-law started, Dushara? Not this one from 4 years ago. :smiley:

Glad to hear the issue was resolved, though just for clarification, I only checked on what tickets you had entered to make sure they were in the right queue.

Happy Adventuring!

8 Likes