#DualSpec No not giving up

100% agree. I appreciate the civil discussion.

There are dozens of us who don’t care about the gold, but can’t be bothered to go to our trainer and reassign all of our buttons to pvp for a day, or tank dungeons when someone is looking in LFG.

This is especially difficult on low population servers. If Blizzard were to open up realm transfers perhaps this wouldn’t be as big of an issue for folks like me.

Use an add-on…

1 Like

Mythic+ is a completely new system for dungeons(you would also have to add regular mythics), it dramatically impacts gearing(would also require adding gear scaling which only works in retail because of how standardized gear is) and is tied to progression because of that. Oh and it’s also tied into cross realm grouping and teleporting to dungeons.

So yeah, quite a bit different than another option to do something we can already do in game. Mythic+ is lot more than just an extra difficulty on top of heroic.

But then I can form a more nuanced opinion than all changes good or all changes bad.

How do you maintain your stance when the qualifications for easing your resistance have been met? Your investment would remain, the importance of choosing your spec or whatever. Why stop the ability to improve QoL for everyone at that point?

All aboard the TBCC dual spec with a gold cost train, choo choo!

Because she’s not addressing those issues in good faith, at the end of the day she wants #nochanges and any back and forth will ultimately just devolve into that.

Yea I understand, and agree. I use the same UI for tanking and healing, and just have elaborate hot-keys and macros to make it all fit. It kinda works (and helps with muscle memory), but I’m sure it would be smoother if I used UI addons, or blizzard UI supported it natively.

My point is that it would possibly be a lot of work to back-port this UI into TBCC. Not impossible, but certainly the more difficult part of the 2 aspects of dual spec that you’ve identified.

First of all, your naming convention makes no sense.

If they add spec profiles, it should work for all 3 specs, so calling it “TBC dual spec” makes no sense logically, which is why you calling it dual spec is arbitrary.

I’m all for spec profiles.

I am not for dual spec, and when I say dual spec, I mean the exact thing almost literally everyone (other than you, apparently) refers to when they say that word.

I use a ton of “if x form then y ability, if a form (same key) then b ability” buttons, which definitely does help on the button setups.

I agree with you, this is what I personally believe is the barrier to dual spec (in whatever form).

They would need to pull over developers from whatever projects they’re working on to modify the code, and that’s not free. If they could flip a switch and do it at no cost - I don’t think they would balk at it.

They just simply don’t have the project hours/budget to allocate to TBCC for QoL changes. It’s a completely different team than Retail wow. After Patrick Dawson’s comments, it’s abundantly clear that the developers themselves are absolutely not #nochanges.

I’m going to provide another quote from the same interview with Patrick Dawson from early in 2021.

Patrick Dawson: Those are all really cool ideas, and we love seeing the way players engage with that kind of stuff. We talk about it internally from time to time as a, “Hey, it would be cool if…” But we can only do so much at one time. If those voices get louder, we’ll see how we can serve them, as well.

Oh we’re doing the nochanges thing again. There are 5 year olds that can tell how bad a red herring that is.

Please tell me where Patrick Dawson guaranteed you dual specs in his commentary.

Please tell me where Patrick Dawson said there were going to be no more changes in his commentary, or since.

1 Like

We’re not talking about changes in general, the topic is about dual specs. Where are they and when do they get here? Im only asking because you keep posting dev quotes as a way to illustrate dual specs are something that are likely but there’s nothing really suggesting that.

Its almost as if youre twisting his words to suit your agenda or something.

I have never, not once ever said that Dual Spec is coming to TBCC.

People asking for it is not predicting its imminent arrival. How are you conflating the two? I mean seriously?

2 Likes

Maybe the developers make some small tweaks like lower the max respec price, but I don’t think full DualSpec is feasible at this point.

I think we’ve decided:

• DualSpec is popular
  • DualSpec is not coming in TBCC

Can we move on now?

2 Likes

Corpseknife: Dual specs are not necessary and dont need to be added to TBC.

DS Advocates: How can you say that omg would you look at these quotes, would you look at wrath, would you look at how popular it is, its almost as if they cant wait to add dual specs based on all this.

Corpseknife: Then where are they?

DS: Omg I never said that they were coming only that it really looks that way based on all this useless trivia I keep treadmilling out there like my life depends on it.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think me or any other “anti-dual speccer” has an issue with you desiring something.

The problem is when these threads get bust open with OPs that say stuff like:

“The game is DYING and only DUAL SPEC can save it”

…or other similar sentiments.

That’s when we’re compelled to obviously disagree, and then it turns in to a discussion about whether it’s even the right thing to do in the first place, but in the end we have ideological differences about what we want from this product.

Look at you, saying things we wish for but cannot happen :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We’ve been over this. We will all agree that dual specs are basically optional fluff that doesnt need to be in TBC but the second you say, see you got it now they contradict themselves and argue with you over its inclusion.

1 Like

“Don’t demonize people, you demons!”

You are literally talking to me, I have never said any of these things. You’re completely delusional. Your explanation of Patrick Dawsons comments about continuing to develop TBC alongside the community, coupled with all of the changes that happened since he said it was something along the lines of “he’s just trying to placate the community but he doesn’t really mean it.”

Do you realize that his interview was in February of 2021, before all of the changes were announced? This is not something that was posted after TBCC came out. He literally stated that they would be making changes, and then they made changes. Based on community feedback.

The logical conclusion follows: If the community asks enough for changes, then Blizzard may make those changes. Not will, they may. You don’t understand how context works, you can’t take evidence into account when speaking, and you’re incredibly disrespectful to anyone who doesn’t agree with your #nochanges philosophy.

We’re done again - you are intellectually dishonest, and are willfully ignoring facts that don’t agree with your opinions in a desperate attempt to remain relevant. Unfortunately for you - you’ve been dead wrong the entire time and have been proven to be wrong. Not wrong that we may not see dual spec, but wrong that blizzard is #nochanges, or that this is any longer a faithful recreation. The proof is literally in the game you’re playing. If you can’t see it, then let us know how we can help you add 2 and 2. If you can see it, then you’re just trolling.

2 Likes