#DualSpec No not giving up

I know plenty of PvP focused players who respec frequently to PvP often. They do their dailies and don’t complain.

Would they appreciate dual spec? Probably. Do they need it? Definitely not.

THANK YOU!!

That is the only point I have been trying to get across to you. I don’t need it either but I would definitely appreciate it and thinks it’s pros outweigh the potential cons.

I was offering you a constructive discussion but you haven’t taken the first step in the conversation, which is to establish facts.

This is conversation 101. You are talking to another human (presumably) and before you discuss/debate a topic, you establish the facts. You then continue the discussion based off of the agreed upon facts.

So I will give you this one last opportunity - please provide a list of what Dual Spec changes in WotLK, no opinions - just the facts. I will help you even further than before:

• 1000g for unlimited spec swaps
  • Player profile swapping when respeccing, buttons etc

Anything else?

I’ve never tried to assert that dual spec is unwanted by players or PvPers.

If we had dual spec, I would immediately have a 2ndary resto tree and be actually attempting to climb the arena ranks with a serious-face on, it would completely change the dynamic of my experience in TBCC in what I’d consider a positive way.

However, I want TBCC to remain as close as can be achieved to the original.

Go ahead and give dual spec to SoM, I don’t care. However, people wanted dual spec in classic era too, low and behold, it’s not in SoM…doesn’t exactly speak volumes about it’s possible inclusion in TBC SoM…

It reduces the impact of spec choice in TBC.

That’s a literal developer-stated con of dual spec. You can’t pretend like it’s an “opinion”.

IDK why you’re asking me about what it does in WOTLK, I couldn’t care less. By the time we’re in Northrend I will be welcoming dual spec because I expect it to be there.

Now explain why mythic+ won’t work in tbc.

We already went over this discussion. You are making a circular argument.

2 Likes

So you’re actually saying that you don’t know what Dual Spec does?

How can you enter a discussion without knowing about the subject of the discussion?

I know what dual spec does.

I just don’t know why you’re asking me to explain it to you.

I am glad that you can see my position. Now, imagine trying to push the arena ranks without dual spec and paying over 3400 gold in respecs over the expansion.

You said it yourself that you would attempt more arenas if you had dual spec. Some people don’t have your hybrid feral spec and chose to avoid arenas all together when they would have if dual spec was in the game. Wow pvp is always better with more people participating.

1 Like

I already said that before you can have a discussion about a topic that you need to establish facts.

Do you disagree that when you have a discussion about a topic that you should establish facts?

The facts are as obvious as the sky being blue. We all know how dual spec works. You pay 1k gold and gain the ability to swap between two different talent builds when out of combat.

The problem with dual spec is based in other ramifications outside of it’s functionality.

If anything, you repeatedly implying that I don’t just means you’re trying to be insulting.

1 Like

The lack of dual spec played a big part in my class choice.

I might have picked an entirely different class if dual spec were going to be an imminent addition in TBCC.

I chose the class, spec, and role I did because of it’s flexibility and ability to do multiple things. I think that’s the entire draw of my class.

If dual spec were a thing, I might have put all of my time in to something completely different.

It’s unfair of you to completely invalidate that decision making conundrum that I toiled over and traversed (in preparation for an authentic TBC without dual spec) simply because you won’t do your dailies and don’t care if TBC is as advertised or not (prone to respect authenticity).

1 Like

OK so I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and create your list for you based off of this comment:

So dual spec does 2 things.

You pay 1k gold and your respecs become free
You gain the ability to swap to two different talent builds when out of combat

So we have established that you are OK with the 2nd one of these (player profiles) but you are not OK with the first part (paying a single fee for unlimited future respecs)

So you are OK with the ‘dual spec’ (which is a saved profile between two specs built into the blizzard UI) part, just not the ‘gold part’ which I said in a previous post.

So as I previously stated, to level-set with you (if you don’t know what level-set means please google it), you are pro dual spec but anti free respeccing.

There is a difference between being against dual spec and against free respeccing, and being pro free respeccing and pro dual spec.

A lot of the posters here are pro both, you are only 50% against.

Are we agreed upon that? It’s a simple yes or no. If it’s no, please explain specifically how you are against player profiles (you’ve already said you’re pro player profiles).

We’ve clearly established that you don’t want it to be free, and I’m not inclined myself one way or the other. I can understand that people don’t have gold, but I don’t have that experience so I can’t speak to their plight and I will only focus on the aspect for which I have a grievance.

You’re trying to detach the moniker, “dual spec”, from the universally understood notion of what dual spec brings.

I don’t think I’m the one who is misguided in my wording, considering you’re in the vast minority in how you’re parsing the discussion this way.

I do not want dual spec in the sense of the most universally understood notion of what it means to “get” dual spec.

Now if you want to break things down feature by feature, I can just tell you that I wouldn’t be opposed to spec profiles, solely.

Let’s give it a different name though, like spec profiles or UI loadouts.

Problem is, I don’t see this as an actual problem because there are addons that do this.

The default UI doesn’t have a threat meter or a damage meter either, doesn’t mean I’m complaining about downloading an add-on to see those.

So you’re pro dual spec, you’re just anti free dual spec.

You are anti WOTLK dual spec, but you could be pro TBCC dual spec within parameters.

Agreed?

:sweat_smile:

You’re using word play to make seriously inaccurate statements when read by a layman.

If it makes things easier for you, I’m against the thing that a majority of the people in this thread are asking for (the WOLTK dual spec feature and it’s functionality in all of its entirety).

There is no such thing as a TBC dual spec, so using terminology that assumes there is even a reference point for such a concept is misleading :point_up:

If there was never any chance of dual spec being added and tbc classic was an “authentic faithful recreation” I would have to agree with you.

But Once a paid level boost went into the game with several other significant changes from original tbc, it was obvious the team was not trying to do an authentic recreation and instead they weighed the pros and cons of potential changes and then decided if they should be added. NOT ALL CHANGES.

Which is exactly why I am posting on the forums asking for dual spec because I believe the pros outweigh the cons.

This is also why people have an issue when it wasn’t in original tbc is sole con for adding something to game. Although you have actually given some other potential cons (meaningful spec decisions).

Honestly, as long as you recognize that there a reasonable opinions that assert realistic cons to its addition, I have no issue with you simply wanting it or believing based on your experience that the pros outweigh the cons. Respect it, if anything, just like I expect to be respected for the opposite.

I think a lot of this discussion has spiraled downward because there are some who continue to peddle that dual spec is completely without any downsides whatsoever. They are the prime stirrers of this pot.

I have the capacity to fully understand the implications of what I say, but I thank you for spelling it out for me.

You are anti WOTLK dual spec in that form. You are pro TBCC dual spec if they keep the gold cost in. I think this is a great compromise and I agree with you fully.

Yea, but the cost part is the easy part for developers to change. Probably just changing a number somewhere. The UI change you want is much harder, and since it doesn’t address the main concern of those that want “DualSpec” (which is the money cost), then I still don’t see why Blizzard would bother making any change during TBCC.