#DualSpec No not giving up

Even if this were true, how is it relevant?

Edit: I just checked, and comparing our parses, it is surprising that you went there LOL.

2 Likes

Wow!! I can’t believe I’ve spent all this time trying to convince you of this pve/pvp spec problem and it doesn’t even affect you.

I guess Druid is a lucky class that could use a resto pvp/pve build and still do well in both types of content, but most classes aren’t that lucky. Go try to queue up some arenas in a combat rogue spec and let me know how much fun you have.

What rating? Queues will always pop fast at low rating. And blizz had to change the matchmaking system this latest patch because queues were taking so long to pop at higher ratings. So it obviously was an issue.

Queues will always be higher at higher rating because by sheer % the high rated people have less people to go against.

This is seeming more and more like you simply don’t understand the game you play, and are using your lack of understanding as a launch pad to ask for features to compensate your failings.

1 Like

It’s extremely relevant that you’ve picked a playstyle that wouldn’t benefit from dual spec anyways.

1 Like

I’m a feral druid, so please tell me about all the wondrous arena benefits afforded to my role lol.

The “problem” does affect me, I tailored my talent build around it.

It’s not a “problem”, it’s an in-game obstacle I strategized a way around.

1 Like

If dual spec were in the game I’d benefit extremely.

Hmmmmm seems like more players playing pvp might help this issue. Maybe dual spec might help.

Uses a hybrid spec and tells me I don’t understand the game. :clown_face:

2 Likes

Take note readers, the dual spec people have now completely reverted to ad hominem, attempting (and failing) to personally attack me as a way of discrediting the argument that dual spec is not necessary.

Even though I probably outparse both of them (Definitely Ziryus by a distant mile, stay frosty is an alt so #shrug) and could probably shred them both in PvP

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sounds more like you just get carried a lot since you don’t even spec properly.

Got it, so you don’t understand how parses work.

This is making a lot more sense at this point.

1 Like

Doesn’t need dual spec because he/she limits themselves to one style of gameplay, plays a spec that can serve both the DPS and the tank role, on an alliance megaserver, and doesn’t see the problem with not enabling some form of dual spec.

Weird huh? This player certainly has every opportunity to comprehend the problem with real world experience, and must go through our struggles every day.

1 Like

Ah, maybe a good argument if the class/spec you play was forced on you.

Just because I picked a class and spec to take advantage of my desires for my TBC experience and you picked a goal that requires respeccing furiously 5 times a day doesn’t mean dual spec needs to be added.

2 Likes

Your class with the way you play using your feral pvp talents in raid (and still performing very well) is the outlier here.

Yes you would benefit but currently with your spec lay out, you can still do great dps in pve and still have the required pvp talents.

Most classes aren’t as lucky as you and wouldn’t even come close to their dps potential if they used some hybrid build.

Here is a copy paste from wowhead regarding the talent choices you run:

“This build picks up the few Feral talents that were omitted in the PvE builds, since they have value primarily in PvP situations. Note that although this build is not fully optimal for PvE DPS, it still picks up all of the most essential talents from the standard PvE build and is thus serviceable for a PvP focused druid who occasionally raids.”

I welcome you to try to play a rogue or mage using a pve/pvp hybrid spec build and let me know how it goes. You’d be parsing greens while being hard stuck at 1k arena rating.

1 Like

Its actually part of the games design intent. Spec choice is supposed to be meaningful.
Just because you don’t like the answer doesn’t mean their answer isn’t valid…

2 Likes

It’s a fair argument, we lose less than other classes.

It’s also a fair argument that I am especially less prone to need a respec to perform effectively.

Have you considered that this is actually a good argument against dual spec?

By adding dual spec, you devalue the unique benefits afforded to me with my chosen class/spec.

Maybe I value that uniqueness. Maybe that’s the intended uniqueness that one who picks this path is meant to feel.

By adding dual spec, you water that down.

That plays in to the exact reason Blizzard originally rejected dual spec in TBC: it reduces the impact of spec choice.

1 Like

Dual spec doesn’t make spec choice meaningless.

He literally didn’t even say that LOL

It makes spec choice less meaningful, this is a fact.

1 Like

Weird how that’s an opinion. That others obviously don’t share and/or might consider the benefits to outweigh that perceived “less meaningful” whatever that even means.

Ask Blizzard.

Oh wait they don’t even care enough to chime in lol.

1 Like

No one said “meaningless”, but it does.