#DualSpec No not giving up

Yall wasting your time . It clearly wont happen until whenever it was introduced in the game . I think its during WOTLK.

2 Likes

damn I wonder if this kind of thing ever gets added to the game in future expansions

1 Like

Now explain why dual spec won’t work in TBC.

If you just want to say #nochanges just do it, but if you are going to claim that from an actual mechanics stand point dual spec is a problem back it up.

It negatively impacts the weight of spec choice.

I’m feeling a little bit of dejavu.

Not sure what you mean by “mechanics standpoint”, sounds like another elaborate strawman you’re trying to setup, because that implies that I’m saying dual spec doesn’t “work” functionally or something.

3 Likes

That’s not a mechanics issue, it’s a weird you issue that many people don’t care about it.

Nobody has ever argued that dual spec doesn’t work mechanically.

Another strawman from the straw-king.

1 Like

We actually agree on a lot of stuff here but I’ve tried several times to explain the reasoning for wanting dual spec in the game.

One last go - the pay 100 gold system to swap between pve and pvp discourages players from participating in different forms of content.

I have one specific issue I think dual spec would help. I am not advocating for all changes despite how many times you repeat it.

How will dual spec decrease your future enjoyment? Do you have fun paying 50 gold to swap to pvp? Do you participate in pvp?

No just getting you to admit that your only reason is that’s not the way it was.

There is no actual in game problem, thanks.

1 Like

Negatively affecting the impact of spec choice is an in-game problem, otherwise why would that be the exact problem Blizzard had with it?

Do you read the things you type?

It’s like…nonsense.

1 Like

A stance blizzard themselves changed during TBC because of problems in TBC.

And regardless blizzard is willing to make QoL changes for TBC Classic because #nochanges has less weight than it did in vanilla classic.

You don’t seem to understand the concept of consequences in a game.

That consequences exist doesn’t mean that I need to find fun in experiencing that consequence for said consequence to justify it’s existence.

The “fun” is avoiding those consequences.

The whole point of a game is to work around the designed set of limitations set forth by the developers. Not all games are sandbox paradises.

I “enjoy” the framework of the game that is influenced by the lack of dual spec.

You are missing the forest for the trees by asking if I enjoy the actual, literal, actions that are involved with the consequence of not aiming for more spec permanence.

It’s not about enjoying it, the whole point is to avoid doing it, because it is designed as a deterrence.

3 Likes

Maybe you should worry less about what others consider fun, and if you don’t like dual spec simply not use it.

And then you can continue to enjoy those consequences as much as you want.

1 Like

The participation rate is ridiculously low.

Maybe the fact that people avoid it because they don’t want to spend 100 gold to queue arenas for one night to just swap back to raid spec the next day.

How often do you respec for pvp a week?

For reference, I spent 200 gold last week swapping specs for pvp/bg’s and dungeons/raids. I have a lot of gold so it doesn’t bother me that much but I’m sure you can see how others would just opt out when they would have wanted to play. A lot of casual pve players have avoided pvp all together, partially due to respecs and partially due to other arena changes blizz made from the original tbc.

At higher ratings, queue times are much longer and you play the same team back to back multiple times.

Wow pvp is always better with more people participating.

1 Like

Its not good enough to warrant the change. It cant be all feels and speculation.

In theory - if all you got is a theory then all youre working with is a belief system and I dont care what people believe in. I think meatier choices and having to play for perks and benefits are a good thing. I also dont like lowering barriers to entice people to play. Either the game is good enough for you or it isnt - it doesnt need to be changed.

I just stated this above. I like having to “work” for stuff in my games especially when there is a real benefit to the thing Im striving for. The more repression the more epic my quest. Dual specs make things a lot more convenient. I dont care for convenience. I could wait for Wrath or play retail if thats what interested me. It doesnt.

And yes, I am a pvper by preference. In vanilla/tbc I mained holy priest and did everything in my holy spec because I could and I enjoyed it. I dont need dual specs to play TBC.

1 Like

Argument has already been destroyed, won’t further dignify your insanity.

2 Likes

/shrug I know what I find fun much better than you do, the difference is I’m not trying to dictate to you what you should find fun.

Do you not swap specs for pvp in tbc currently?

Are you queueing bg’s and arenas in your pve spec?

I’ve been queueing BGs almost daily since the beginning of TBCC. Nearly instant pop no matter the BG.

I’ve been queueing arena a lot since beginning of S3. Nearly instant pop.

Color me unconvinced that there is a “problem” here to solve.

I utilize a custom talent spec that splits between PvP talents and the stuff I need for PvE.

I deliberately budgeted my talent spec around the idea that I don’t want to/have to respec frequently to do everything I want to do.

1 Like

The answer to this question isn’t an argument.

You have plenty of avenues to make gold to respec.

Especially with Netherwing dailies now, you make over 100g a day for very little effort. It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

So basically you do both poorly.

1 Like