Dual Spec solves Tank shortage

Just wait… I would bet a few grand on a feature coming out, that will cost real life cash, that would allow players to have dual specs.

It’s a matter of time at this point.

I’ve already explained this in 10 different ways.

All “changes” are not created equal, nor do they all have an equivalent effect on the game, or on the same aspects or facets of the game, nor are they all the same in how/why they are implemented, nor are they all the same in their necessity.

There’s something called N U A N C E that for some reason can’t seem to make its way in to any of the pro-dual spec arguments.

2 Likes

You’ve never played an xpac with dual spec I see. Changes nothing, no one enjoys tanking for pugs.

2 Likes

And they probably all began and ended with your feelings.

What about your arguments for dual spec aren’t feelings?

Everyone’s opinion on everything is literally feelings.

1 Like

Yeah…feelings.

No. Just babies.

Grats, you used an anecdote to argue that you played a healer in response to a topic about a tank shortage.

Just because changes have been made does not mean we should just change anything and everything…

This is the strawman argument… And its a bad one.
Come up with a real reason…

1 Like

Incorrect. The topic is also about dual spec and Feywaif was giving an example of how he has benefited from dual spec as an analogy for how others can do the same.

Really not that complicated when you actually read stuff.

Read the title, bud.

Change anything?

Yes, yes it is. Blizzard announced they’re for #SomeChanges. So you’re incorrect.

Change everything?

No. Of course not. Blizzard did not announce they were for #ChangeEverything. So you’re correct there.

Topic title is:

“Dual Spec solves Tank shortage”

Anything else?

Okay, I’m gonna let you read that over a few times. Maybe take a look at the OP, as well.

When you realize this thread is about a tank shortage, not a healer shortage or general benefit of dual-spec, you can get back to me.

Okay. :wink:

You do realize you’re talking to the person who made the original post, right?

We have historical data that shows dual spec didn’t fix the tank shortage.

Blizzard added dual spec, still a tank shortage.

Blizzard added lfd so you didn’t even have to get a tank from your realm, maybe it was just some realms had a shortage of tanks? Nope, still a massive tank shortage.

Blizzard oversimplified threat, tank gear, and talents to make tanking easier. Still a tank shortage.

Blizzard added the bonus loot satchel for the most need we d spec for lfd tool, aka tanks, to add extra incentive for them to tank. Still a tank shortage.

Blizzard made tri spec and changing specs free with no n÷d to buy dual spec. Still a tank shortage.

Blizzard made gear change for you based on your spec so you didn’t need new gear for tanking and could use your dps set because it would change with your spec. Still a tank shortage.

Let’s also not forget death knights, monks, and demon hunters, all of the new classes that came out can be a tank. And there was still a tank shortage.

We have the life cycle of retail to look at from when they started making changes to address the tank shortage (starting with dual spec in wotlk) and ending with what retail is now. Looking at changes designed to make more tanks, and guess what. There is STILL a noticeable tank shortage.

They have made about a dozen changes focused purely on the tank shortage. Dual spec was the first change for that. And with dual spec + even more changes made for this tank shortage issue, there is still a tank shortage.

People claiming dual spec will fix the tank shortage in any noticeable way are either being intellectually dishonest for their preferred change, or they are insane.

Albert Einstein

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. These words are usually credited to the acclaimed genius Albert Einstein.

Dual spec was tried. It didn’t fix the tank shortage, so you’re insane if you think it will fix it this time around.

What do you propose?

Retail is available

1 Like

Dual Spec is not in retail.

Make friends with tanks so your not a “pug” anymore.

I fixed the problem for myself by being part of the community. I spent the 2 years of classic building my reputation. Making friends exc. I had over 50 tank/healer friends in classic. Not all of them went to tbc or they changed classed, or realm transfered. I now have about 30 of them on my friends list.

Making friends and talking to people is the best solution to this issue. It also requires personal effort and isn’t a hand out from blizzard. Player made problem with a player made solution, no need for big brother blizzard to fix it when each player has the ability to fix it for themselves.

1 Like

tri spec (or quad for druids) is and those are dual spec cranked up to 11/10.

And since your being so technical dual spec is in retail for demon hunters. They only have 2 specs. And the tank shortage? Still there.

Check and mate, retail does have dual spec. Tank shortage still there.