Dual spec please

All that demonstrates is that Dual Spec is a more prominent, contentious and divisive topic on the WoW forums. For a topic with thousands of replies, there are only 90 users in this thread and the “average” player doesn’t lurk on these forums like you or me. It’s hardly a reflective sample of the wider population of WoW players.

If it is about popularity, then sure - majority census is an apt way of arbitrating these things. But neither side can demonstrate what the majority of players feel so it’s a moot point to bring to the table.

yes
10 characters

Well, it just shows u don’t know what you are doing or don’t do it to begin with.

that you’re taking advantage of the fact that anyone can say anything on the internet whether it’s true or not.

I mean we already know how dishonest oops creative he is with his /played time.

Which is significantly more than a thread with only 12 replies in total. Many topics don’t even get 90 replies. And most of the earlier threads had more users. Dual Spec.. please? had over 3 hundred users. People have dropped out over time after they said all they had to say on the topic. And some people don’t post but just click like. The original post on that thread got more likes than users. But yes nothing on the forum proves anything about what the players as a whole think about any topic. Even the threads on the problems of low pop dead or dying realms don’t prove that lots of the players are having problems with low pop dead and dying realms.

But I do discuss this in guild and in lfg chat. Just to say something like I wish there was dual spec or I’d heal that dungeon if there was dual spec but I’m not going to respec to do it or I don’t do arenas because I can’t afford the respec cost. When I do never has anyone said they don’t want it and usually some will agree. In comparison I also sometimes mention adding the lfd and some people will argue against that and some will agree.

In the end though all the long threads show is that there is a lot of interest and imo blizzard should add it to one of their surveys to get an idea of what the larger player base thinks about it.

1 Like

“I don’t like what your saying so I am going to call you a liar”

I’m doing what YOU asked me to do.

I’m timing myself doing the dailies.

And then you call me a liar when I give you the results.

Might that be because discrediting anyone who disagrees with you is the best “support” you have for dual spec?

Hmmm.

I think you’re lying so I’m calling you out on what I think are lies. I do the fishing and cooking dailies and I now have an epic flying mount. I know how long they take.

When you first started timing yourself doing dailies you claimed it took you 10+ minutes to do 2. Suddenly it’s taking you less than 10 minutes to do 3.

Or it’s because when you claim you only play 10 hours a week then you get called on it and suddenly it’s not 10 hours a week.

Kinda hard to think you actually know how to tell to time.

It’s like this on Bigglesworth too, but even worse. . . believe it or not I saw a healer looking to pay 75g just to be invited to a heroic.

It depends on which dailies for how long it takes.

Notice when I did the fires of skettis it was when the fishing or cooking daily tool me toward that area (felblood fillet, revenge is tasty) or it let me take advantage of the BEM engineer teleporter with super hit stew. (And I only started doing it again anyway because you insisted I do 3 dailies)

It depends on which dailies it is for how fast it’s done.

If I get the mana berry cooking daily that will usually out me past the 10 minutes, but I don’t get that one every day.

And when I have added the fires of skettis daily, it’s been a good combo with the fishing and cooking to where one of them took me there or I got to take advantage of the engineer teleporter.

If the cooking and fishing daily take me to bem I can also do that bombing quest instead of skettis one. It all depends on where the cooking and fishing dailies take me and what the more efficient route is.

It’s not a lie that I average about 10 minutes doing 2-3 dailies. Because sometimes the dailies combination complement each other for time efficiency. And if they don’t, I can do 2 dailies instead of 3 if I’m in a hurry, or you know, if I don’t need the rep from the 3rd anymore.

But it’s OK that you don’t believe me, anyone who actually plays the game will know which one of us is the lair and which one actually knows what they are talking about.

I don’t believe it. My healer alt gets offered that to do runs. Was a tank for a while and couldn’t get groups. Druid.

People want over geared tanks to lead them but they’ll settle for any half assed healer.

I mean if that’s true that’s not an issue with game mechanics, that’s server population. Some (increasingly more) servers are just screwed.

And this is the thing, people are trying to turn dual spec into a magical panacea. It isn’t. It probably won’t even help. There’s bigger issues with the game.

I see you’re very comfortable calling out people when you think they’re lying. That’s ok, I do that too.

This is an argument that many of those against dual spec return to frequently. But no one is trying to do that. In fact most of us are careful to almost always include some denial that it would fix the problem. I can find quotes where those who support dual spec say, “It won’t fix the tank or healer shortage, but it would help” or some similar statement. I’m sure you know that. So you are very deliberately propagating the lie that we think it’s some magical panacea.

50g a pop to switch 3 or 4 times a day is stupid… Dual spec is needed in the game. People can not afford that unless they are buying gold.

found your problem.

You are playing the game like it’s wotlk. It’s not.

There is no reason to be changing spec that many times in. A day.

Thats YOUR opinion. I have to say, its a pretty bad one. For example. If I log on, we got tank, dps and heals. Well I need to be in DPS. All good. 2 runs later, the healer has to go to sleep, he has work the next morning. NP. I switch to heals, we run 2 more and then done running heroics for the night. Now I want to farm some clefthoof meat, so I have to repsec yet again back to DPS… This IS how things play out in REAL LIFE… Not your misinterpretation of reality.

This can easily rack up to 150g a DAY… Seriously if I make 250g from the AH a week I think I am doing good…

2 Likes

You’re coming a bit close to summarizing Horace’s perspective as “pro-HvH” here.

Simply providing a justification and tolerating that justification =| being all for it and pronouncing that justification as universally acceptable.

It’s simply recognizable as being reasonable, and thus, tolerated whether or not he would implement it himself if he was the decider.

The main takeaway being: He probably wouldn’t have implemented HvH if it was his choice, but since Blizzard did it anyway, at the very least he can come to terms with it because the reasons for its implementation make sense, and thus, can “defend” its inclusion logically.

It’s a mistake, though, to return fire on Horace for being for HvH though, because that perspective is blind to all of the former stated nuance.

This is one linearity of the discussion that is being very frequently “wooshed” by pro-dual spec arguments.

1 Like

You don’t have to change spec to farm. You are chosing to do that. You also don’t have to change spec to be a dps for heroics at this point as heroics are severely outgeared by now to the degree you don’t need 3 hard pumping dps. 2 good dps and a healer dpsing is enough as long as your group is properly CCing.

You don’t HAVE TO change spec nearly as often as you are claiming. You are chosing to do that because you are so focused on min maxing.

And if you don’t want to change your healer spec to dps to farm. You can always level an alt specifically for farming. Or farm as a healer which is also an option.

You have options. You are chosing the most expensive option you can think of then complaining about the price…

I mean sure but you’re a raid logging dpser who has no use for dual spec anyways so it’s kind of irrelevant what you think about how other people should be using dual spec.

1 Like

Holiday season is over. I’m back to playing 20+ hours a week.

But feel free to keep distorting information to fit your agenda.

Also I have been leveling a paladin, so I would see benefit from dual spec, doesn’t mean it belongs in tbcc though because I would also see the downsides.