Dual Spec.. please?

That is the one thing I have always admitted. What I post here is my opinion. I can think of only one reason you could have missed it. So when I point out that your reading skills are low is that an insult or simply an observation.

I have also been totally honest about why I’m posting.

The way you have made many of your comments on this thread have been attempts to pass your opinions as if they were facts.

You know your doing this, your reliving on insults when you get called out on it to try and change the focus of the discussion.

You may want to look into a mirror to find the person in this thread who is being intellectually dishonest here.

Your trying to pass this off as fact, yet que times were not in the game yet as LFD wasn’t implemented yet so we didn’t even have trackable que times.

This is ONE example of you trying to pass your opinion as fact.

While there wasn’t an official queue maintained by blizzard there are people sitting in lfg waiting for a group. Usually dps waiting for a tank or a healer. A queue doesn’t have to be officially maintained for it to exist. So is it an insult to point out that not only are you unable to spell queue correctly you also don’t understand the meaning of the word or simply an observation.

That should be you’re. So many people are ignorant of the correct usage of your and you’re you shouldn’t feel bad that you are also ignorant of it. Is that an insult or simply an observation. You’re is a contraction of you are and your is a possessive pronoun.

I like how you specifically avoided quoting where I mentioned this.

It’s almost like before there was a trackable que time it wasn’t trackable yet. Because people are known for having to wait for X period of time, and claim it was Y, which is why before the que times were officially tracked by in game UI with LFD almost all claims of the time waited were inaccurate at best. But you intentionally using one small part of my post to try and discredit me just shows how you are intellectually dishonest.

My phones auto correct likes to change them, if I type “youre” without the ’ hoping my phone will correct it, it does it right about 50% of the time. But it’s OK, your resorting to being a grammar police because you know you lost the argument.

Sure. Blame it on your phone.

I mean, I intentionally spell que wrong because I use quick type. I expect auto correct to make “youre” into the proper word, just as my work computer auto corrects que to queue for me and it’s faster to type que. I got into habits that rely on technology to fix things so I can save a second here and there.

My phones auto correct is not the same as my work computer though.

Agreed
/10char

I also sometimes intentionally spell stuff incorrectly as well. Just so I can cover myself when I legitimately spell stuff incorrectly and tell people afterwards that I actually did it on purpose.

It makes it so people believe I’m actually smart.

1 Like

Believe what you want. I work in an environment where auto correct is set up to allow me to type part of a word and it will auto fill it with what I want.

Que is auto filled with queue times in my work environment. So I can type “que of 15 min” and it will put in “queue times of 15 minutes”.

Are you giving me permission?

If you need permission to believe something you have been brainwashed to letting others control your thinking and not doing research of stuff yourself.

Sadly some people are that closed minded and it hurts seeing that.

Your words have moved me.

and everybody clapped

As far as we know the queue times are still inaccurate and a matter of opinion. Only blizzard likely has the accurate numbers. I always admit that. Your posts are also a matter of opinion. I have yet to see you admit that.

im just casually reading through this but I had to quote and laugh at YOU calling HIM pretentious

1 Like

How often do you turn on the in game stop watch as you look for a group?

Or maybe make a time stamp of when you started looking and then when you filled the group you make another time stamp to know how long it took you to group?

Blizzard lfd ui kept that timer for you, and you could look at it as you got in group to see how long it took. You could also see the averaged time it took to form a group in the UI for all people searching for a group. It wasn’t always spot on but it gave you an average wait time. For all players looking for groups.

But your being intellectually dishonest and acting like these things don’t exist with lfd. It gave the average wait times based on recent players getting into the group. I can’t tell you every metric it used for gathering that average but it was fairly accurate.

Your at the point of just showing how intellectually dishonest you are.

Also my posts aren’t opinion they are backed by historic evidence.

When blizzard introduced dual spec we couldn’t see the average wait times for dps. When they introduced lfd we could. And it was still a long wait. History shows us blizzard making multiple other changes trying to make the average wait time for lfd shorter and it’s only after about a dozen changes that came AFTER dual spec did it get to a mostly reasonable time frame. Dual spec was not a change made to make more tanks. It was a change made to follow the design goal of wrath class design of “bring the player not the class”.

Tbc still has the rock paper scissors design of classes (and mushrooms for warlocks) that vanilla had. Wrath is when class identity in terms of their strength and weaknesses started to get blured and every class now had some form of CC, interrupt, exc. The class design of tbc does not complement well with the design of dual spec. But you will resort to another personal attack to disprove this.

Man, it’s so incredibly easy to disprove everything you say:

Source:

1 Like

“We did try and make nontank specs able to tank 5 man’s…” (paraphrased, look right above your red box)

Sounds like a design change happened between tbc and wrath. Almost like the design changes made dual specs more friendly to class balance.

Also your leaving out the context of the question this blue post was answering, if memory servers me the thread it was answering was if tank classes would be required to be tanks more often in raids because of dual spec and ‘new’ raid design or if tanks would be kept from content due to not needing more than 2 tanks.

Keep in mind naxx was the first raid of wrath and the playerbase was worried there would be more 4 tank fights like 4 horsemen was. On top of the fact death knights were basically a tank in all 3 of their specs at the time. And people didn’t know if they should focus on tanking or just be a dps, just to get into a raid.

Your leaving out the content of what the quote was addressing to make it meet your agenda.

1 Like