Dual spec for TBC, please! A humble request

Back in OG TBC, I played a holy priest. I despised doing world content on my own, and hated having to pay 50g a pop to respec between raids.

This go around, I’m still healing but as a Druid. For the love of Elune, PLEASE let us do dual spec. That’s one change I’d personally love to see.

Edits/comments based on community feedback:

• This is a quality of life request from a healing/tanking main point of view. It’s much harder for those main roles to enjoy the aspects of the game outside of dungeoning and raiding without a severe gold cost and arbitrary time-sink.

• It could require visiting a trainer to swap specs instead of being able to do it on the fly like in retail. That would reduce the amount of guilds “requiring” certain dual specs since it would be an inconvenience to have to go to town and come back all the time.

• The ability to save a template for a spec would be a nice compromise if we can’t have full dual specs. Having to remember where to put all your points again, re-buy your skills and rearrange your bars after every respec is time-consuming and honestly arbitrary.

#SomeChanges :paw_prints:

58 Likes

Agree. Make it happen blizzdaddy.

11 Likes

I’d love dual spec in Classic TBC.

It’d bring out more tanks and healers to the pug scene… Make PvPing and Raiding on the same character more doable…

I doubt they’d do it, though.

16 Likes

Zero arguments I can see against it outside " This isn’t true to original" I personally as a druid, would LOVE dual spec.

12 Likes

Just pay the 50g lol. That’s literally nothing in today’s game.

3 Likes

(Girds loins in preparation for forum fury)

Doesn’t dual spec diminish the importance of your spec and choices? Isn’t it one step closer to class homogenization?

5 Likes

Its literally something

6 Likes

Didn’t you folks all cry and whine to go back to the day of Classic?
So why if Classic is better are you now whining you want things from Retail?

6 Likes

I think it’s clear that many people simply want a 2nd version of retail to play.

9 Likes

Not at all. Homogenization started happening in MoP when they got rid of the talent trees and replaced them with what we have today.

If I wasn’t a healer main, I wouldn’t care about dual-spec. But seriously, trying to do anything in open world like dailies or questing is abhorrent as a healer.

1 Like

Cap respec gold to 20golds. Fixed.

5 Likes

The lack of dual spec didn’t seem to stop TBC from adding about 4 million subs to WoW. And these statements, “There’s zero arguments against it”…I mean, there’s clearly no response to that since people have made up their minds.

I would just say…wait for Wrath.

5 Likes

No. Your choices in wow mean nothing, because wow is a video game and has no bearing on reality.

1 Like

Outside of “It’s not originally in TBC” please provide me an argument against it.

1 Like

I just don’t get it. All these features everyone is asking for are in Shadowlands. Play Shadowlands if all these features are so great! Oh wait, Shadowlands is boring…hmmm I wonder why?

1 Like

And you think its dual spec?

Hot take

5 Likes

No it’s a combination of all these changes designed to make the game easier and more convenient.

2 Likes

Next step provide an argument against Achievements/Barbershop/Pet battle etc…

Ofc some features are good but if you put all of them in Classic it won’t be Classic anymore.

I prefer waiting for WOTLK knowing a good feature will come.

1 Like

So what TBC and WotLK naturally do?

I hope everyone who says “this leads to retail” Understands every decision after vanilla led to retail. That includes TBC.

So if you dont want changes maybe stay in classic…but there are changes there too. Oh no

6 Likes

You’re too stupid to divorce QoL systems from content eh? Most my friends quit playing shadowlands because the content, you know, the stuff you do in game, that you like to ignore, isn’t fun.

Crazy, the games not fun because the content added was not fun.

Not due to RMT, Boosts. Straight up the content they wanted my friends to play wasn’t fun.

is there a reason you cannot grasp this?

10 Likes