Druids aside, who tf is running 30 dungeons

I’ve played pretty much continuously since January 2005. I don’t recall ever seeing anyone MC’d out of a BG. MC’d into the lava in MC (pun intended) yes, I did that on occasion until they stopped it. The problem is that behaviors that were infrequent in Vanilla have become excessive in Classic. That is why I believe they are making the changes.

So you’ve never gained new knowledge that had you known previously would have changed the course of your prior actions?

“Wish I would have known that before”

Sorry to break the news to you if you thought you’d come to classic and relive 2004-2006 all over again.

No change bliz could ever make will erase 16 years of knowledge.

Now this quote almost sounds like you’re on my side of the argument now. I’ve always said that you can’t recreate the Real Vanilla experince in Classic. All you can do is approximate that experince. And, if behavoirs based on 16 years of knowledge, are making that a “less authentic” experience then changes are needed. So no-changes makes zero sense in the context of 16 years of accumulated knowledge.

P.S. Even private servers were constantly tweaking boss fights and other aspects of the game to make it more challenging for the modern players with all that accumulated WoW knowledge.

However, your opinion of the “authentic classic experience” and mine opinion are different. I mean there is no definitive meaning of “authentic classic experience”.

We all enjoy different things in WoW, who are you or I or bliz to determine what everybody should enjoy. This game is massive, how you decide to spend your time is your business.

So being for this change that has ZERO affect on you is very hypocritical for those that it does affect. I mean are you paying their subscription fee dictating rules for how they play the game?

Yeah, I think this is the part I don’t agree with. It should reset with the daily reset instead of being on a 24-hour timer, at the very least.

1 Like

If you read my earlier posts I’ve said I’m pretty much neutral. What my posts are primarily about my belief that Blizzard had legimate concerns that they addressed with this, and other changes. Many of the opposed posts don’t seem to believe this, and I’m bored so I post, like everyone else, my opinion of the topic.

For myself, I did all of the content (except final bosses in Naxx and AQ40) during Vanilla. I’m happy just being able to cruise the old world prior to Cata.

I have absolutely no say, other than posting on the forums, about what changes get into the game.

P.S. And my reason for playing and paying hasn’t changed since January 2005. So long as I’m having fun I’ll continue on, even when I don’t like specific changes.

1 Like

Nah. They should just get rid of the 30 instance limit. Or at the very least remove it on accounts with authenticators.

Going back to 2006 to play vanilla the way you wish you had played it is the whole point of Classic. And yeah, that changes the meta. So be it.

The why shouldn’t matter. We all pay $15 a month and we all play a little differently. As long as we aren’t botting we should be allowed to do as many instances as we want. There shouldn’t even be a 5 instance per hour limit.

1 Like

I farm mcp and I have a 60 mage also for boosting. 30is ez

… the people supporting the change are either not effected by it, or don’t want to have to put in any effort to keep up with other players who are putting effort in.

Next thing you know they will want world buffs removed to make their parses closer to the try hards. Then flasks, because gold is “hard” to farm. Then the cheaper consumables because who has time to get consumables?

This change does bear nothing vs bots, and limits people trying to invest in their character to maximize their performance.

Or are simply people who weren’t abusing dungeon spam and happen to be positibely impacted by it :slight_smile:

Farming for gear, resources, exc isn’t abuse.

The abuse was botting, fly hacking, ground clip hacking, exc.

Running the dungeons without map hacking or botting isn’t exploiting it. It’s part of the design of vanilla and was even pointed out as such with the 2006 April fool’s joke

Hey you missed the point.

Of course people poop socked then. Just not thousands of them per server making such an impact on the current game. This is the modern part.

Personally if they made it a daily reset instead of a 24hr from your first instance cap this change would not be an issue for 99.9% of people. Right now it prolly still only affects a very small amount, but I agree its to broad. However I also agree with reining in boosters, and bots.

Sure let’s reign in boosters and bots but this change minimally affects them and damages completely normal aspects of the game (e.g. arena farms). Just revert this change and make a more targeted one.