Druids aside, who tf is running 30 dungeons

Problems arise when your something else in anyway involves doing a dungeon. I.e. running a dungeon on that alt you were leveling.

1 Like

me neither but i actually read that here

Accurate.

It’s around a 30% drop rate. You should get 1-2 per 5 instance lockouts on average. In 30 runs you should get 10. Ultra try hard cat DPS might need 15 MCPs at most in a week so they might be looking at 45 runs. If RNG betrays you maybe up to 60 runs max.

So yeah it’s possible to run into 30 instance lockout trouble. But I’d say it’s almost exclusively an issue for ultra try-hard cat DPS.

Either way, I’d still say punishing even just a small percentage of players to handle bots when other means to do so exist is a pretty lame thing to do. It’s something 2006 Blizzard never would have considered.

2 Likes

There weren’t people who were actually running 30 dungeons a day. There were people who were using some gimmick to farm something and hitting 30 instances a day, but people running level appropriate dungeons end to end, no very very few people were hitting 30 dungeons a day doing that.

2 Likes

ZG, Strat, and Mara are all easily cap-able. Not to mention, I’ve done literally thousands of SGC runs to help guild warriors. People being too lazy/unmotivated to hit the cap isn’t a good reason to limit people who aren’t

Those “gimmicks” are a legitimate part of the game. To attempt to invalidate their way of playing the game is just not acceptable. It’s punishing to some players; players who are not bots.

That’s not cool. Period.

This whole “meh doesn’t effect me” sort of attitude is also not cool. If it impacts legitimate players then it’s impacting the vanilla experience.

1 Like

The only ones I’m aware of are the ones exploiting. Even some that boost their alts don’t have over 6 hours a day to do it. The ones that do have more time they would do other things rather than keep doing the same thing over and over boring stuff.

Everyone and their aging grandma, judging by the forums. Kidding aside I certainly saw plenty of 60s outside level 30 instances back in Vanilla. More prevalent today? Sure, I’ll assume Blizzard has info I dont. Doesnt mean there weren’t bigger fish to fry ofc.

And I’m not claiming they’re not legitimate all i said is they are above and beyond the intended use of the instance. They also haven’t been removed. They’ve merely been limited.

Yeah. And that’s a problem, even if it’s only for a small percentage of players.

Why? You can still do them for what 6 hours a day or even longer if you’re not hitting the 5 runs / hour?

1 Like

I’ve got 30/day before farming the last boss of gnomregan for the charged gear of nature resistance.

When your farming for a specific item it’s not hard to do.

When your farming for gold it can happen fast as well.

For example I am trying to have 6k gold for when TBC comes out so I can get my flying mounts done right off the bat.

Because it’s effecting legitimate players. No solution to prevent bots from existing should ever impact legitimate players in such a way even if it’s a small percentage. It’s negatively effecting the vanilla experience, which is the exact opposite of what Classic is supposed to be.

Ok. So in the future when ultra try-hard cat DPS are running MC, BWL, and AQ40 in the same week and they need 25 MCPs a week what do they do if they only have time to farm those on Saturday and Sunday?

The “You can still do it for 6 hours a day”

Ok I did my 6 hours worth of instance locks. Now I have to wait about 18 hours before I can do anything dungeon related on this server again.

but hey if I was a botter, I could bot in the open world or PVP as much as I wanted.

Next thing you know you’ll only be able to get 15 nodes a day per server and 15 honorable kills per hour. Only able to list 5 auctions a day. Eventually you’ll only be able to login to your character 5x a day. You only get 5 charges of /reload a day.

And maybe the behavior it’s stopping was having a bigger negative impact on more people :slight_smile:

Then maybe they stop using MCP’s in farm content?

Have easily been hitting cap every day since the change doing mara princess runs farming for Blade of Eternal Darkness. Up to 670 runs and still no drop.

Anyone doing similar farms for specific items is affected by this. SGC, MPC, HoJ etc…People who are farming dungeons for gold or doing boosts, jump runs. There are many ways to hit the cap without that much effort. Princess runs take < 5 minutes so I’m hitting cap after 2.5 hours of gameplay. Then I can’t enter a dungeon for 18 hours. I could do runs at night then do a couple the next morning, then I’m locked out of any dungeons on multiple characters for a significant chunk of time. I shouldn’t have to plan out my gameplay around an arbitrary limit.

I do jump runs on my lock many days a week. Never come close to the instance cap.

Of course it is. Because the level of outrage is unjustified.

1 Like

The initial thread has the most comments of ANY THREAD IN THIS ENTIRE FORUM. 95% of the comments are against the change. I don’t understand how people choose to ignore the almost 4 thousand comments of reasons as to why people don’t want it. It’s actually insane.

Go look at the top commenters on there. The top ones with literal hundreds of relies on there are people for the change. The reason threads like this get so big is because the people effected by it get extremely vocal while almost everyone else keeps telling them it’s not a big deal.

If you’re gauging how important something is by how many comments it has, I have to question your intelligence.

1 Like