Druids aren't enjoying Hallow's End

Appreciate your sympathy

Funny, a quick google shows countless threads asking for the same change OP is suggesting. Those threads weren’t made recently.

1 Like

What change? :joy:

Just so we’re crystal clear you’re the one who wants changes

Patch 2.0.1

Shapeshifting will now break “Nogginfogger Elixir” effect.

The TBC patch. I knew it would have been changed later in Vanilla’s life, my mistake that it was right at the end.

1 Like

We aren’t in patch 2.0

1.13 ftw baby

Yes, I thought that I had made that aware.

Maybe it’s a mistake, maybe Blizzard decided that it was changed because of the possibility of it being seen as exploiting the ability of other players responding to character animations. Big stretch.

I have no idea but at least you now have evidence that it came later on in development than what Classic is supposed to represent.

Wait weren’t you the “lol #nochanges” bro like just a second ago?

Now all of a sudden we’re trying to excuse changes and explain things.

Let’s just stay no changes

You didn’t supply real evidence so I supplied my own.

I know that #nochanges is ultimately unrealistic. I’m sorry that in this case, it was a knee jerk response.

You’re right that you have a case that this counts as a real change. It was a change that just missed the vanilla window but it’s a change nonetheless.

Depending on the reasoning for the change in the first place, I’m personally undecided if this was needed or not in Classic. I do think that Blizzard should clarify on what and why we have such changes.

First of all, what?

Patch 2.0 by definition isn’t vanilla :rofl:

Yeah except the change the OP is asking for is completely cosmetic, doesn’t affect combat at all, don’t affect animations or gameplay, doesn’t change pvp dynamics.

Doesn’t do, really, well, anything. Except allows druids to have more fun and enjoy their costumes just like everyone else gets to do

Meanwhile I always look like a Tauren, except during this 3 week period.

It’s a tradeoff

Are you positive that’s not from a Pserver? I never can remember a time in my life when someone could do cat/bear things and not be looking like a cat/bear. I may be wrong, but I can’t verify that the video is from a legit server.

I know that feel bro.

But imagine if you didn’t look like a tauren

Wait what?

Another poster already verified with patch notes.

Yes, we’re sure. We’ve been sure.

I know right? It’s this new thing called costumes

Just came out like 15 years ago

Well, cosmetics change quiet a lot in pvp combat dynamics. Every action in combat is telegraphed, you react depending on the visual data that you see.

A skeleton that is swinging a 2h mace that is really actually a feral cat, can be an advantage in PVP.

I realise that melee playing as bats conflicts with this arguement, that’s why I added that it was a stretch.

Uhh patch notes won’t tell me if a video was shot on a Pserver or not. P.S. There are no patch notes in this thread.

When I google “druid shifting breaking costumes” I got post from 2009. 2010, 2013, all complaining about it. So unless they fixed it to break on shapeshifting in a later patch, this happened in a handful of expansions.

Right, but that’s not what the OP is asking for.

This is the second time you’ve lacked the reading comprehension to understand what the OP is asking for.

Try reading the OP again and this time, you know, actually read the OP

The noggenfogger debate has already been settled. It’s a part of druid gameplay to be able to disguise shifting.

But again. That’s not what the OP is about lmfao

Vanilla had many patches with many changes, linking one particular moment in time of vanilla doesn’t guarantee anything. You should have went by when it was changed to begin with.

I haven’t a clue when it changed or what it changed from. All I know is, googling druid shifting breaking costumes, I get post from '09, '10, '11, '13. Ranging from WoW forums, to MMO champ about this exact issue.