Druids aren't enjoying Hallow's End

All of our costumes and disguises are simply unbuffed when we shift, and it’s really just kinda disappointing.

Halloween is one of the coolest times in vanilla WoW, and largely we haven’t been able to enjoy it.

Noggenfogger seems to be the only consistent costume buff that actually stays on while shifting, but doesn’t disguise shifting like it did in vanilla. All other costume buffs are just immediately removed and don’t come back after shifting out. At the very least, we shouldn’t have these buffs removed, we should keep them when shifting back to human form. The only time you can keep them for any period of time is if we’re straight healing dungeons, but if you pull agro and go bear, bye bye costume.

As the least represented class, we don’t get much coverage as far as bugs go, but it seems pretty unfair to me that we don’t get to take part of this celebration and I’m almost positive it won’t be hotfixed by the 31st.

We’re the only class that deals with this issue except maybe shadow priests as that’s considered “shifting”. Even then though, I think largely they keep their morphs. Everyone else gets to enjoy their costumes during normal gameplay

I guess we’ll just hope it’s fixed by next year :confused:

7 Likes

Fix the game? #nochanges amirite?
Note: full sarcasm intended.

3 Likes

Yeah no changes. Let druids disguise forms with Noggenfogger

Not getting the sarcasm. We know for sure shift disguising was possible in vanilla at least for Noggenfogger

I believe shifts completely removing costumes is a bug. Reapplying a morph every time you shift is pretty rediculous, no other class has to do that during normal gameplay

Disguising the shift is a different story. We’re not asking to disguise shifting while active just not remove the buff

There is a debate to be had regarding whether normal costumes (savory deviates, Halloween disguises) should also disguise forms though. Personally I think they should

2 Likes

Shifting is just part of druid gameplay. This is basically like removing costumes on a rogue when they stealth or a warrior when they switch stances

I’m sure there would be some pretty large uproar if this was the case

I’m not even talking about showing the costume while shifted, just keeping the buff when you shift back out

What’s your goal here? To be a smartass?

1 Like

Bump for druid tears

4 Likes

I think costumes have always dropped off druids since the start of wow. I rememebr it was a pretty big deal when they changed that. it’s just a way of our druid life now. Get wands to use on your friends!

Is there any proof though. This is running the modern engine, and the things we can say for sure regarding druids and costumes is that the one shining example we know 100% is behaving incorrectly

So following this premise, it’s reasonable that druids should in fact be allowed to keep their costumes while shifted, but obviously overwritten by the shift until the druid shifts out where it is resumed.

The buff shouldn’t be removed. Buffs are largely never just removed unless they either time out, are purposely clicked off, or are pushed off the buff table.

Buffs may get overwritten. Buffs may get negated. Buffs may get dispelled

But buffs aren’t just removed because a class used a class ability

You’ll be happy you can just shift out of costumes when someone throws a bat on you mid-raid

1 Like

It’s an unfortunate mechanical interaction. The shaman’s ghost wolf form does the same thing. :confused:

Tell that to shadow priests :frowning:

Lol, #nochanges. Casters can’t cast in half the costumes, oh well, that’s classic.

I got bummed by this too. Bought some of those savory fish last month that turn me into a pirate, what a waste.

You’re smart.

I don’t care either way. Just making fun of the no changes crowd. If it was in vanilla cool. If not, nobody here has a leg to stand on. Nothing to have a cow about.
Oh no! Now I’m using puns! gasp

what part of classic. and no changes is so difficult.

go play retail.

1 Like

Oh noes!
Another game breaking bug!
Fix it or I /unsub!

Waiting for blue response! Hurry the F up Blizz!

1 Like

This is how it was in vanilla. I am not sure when it was changed sometime before I quit playing at the end of Cata exp. It was nice when they stayed but I think it is just something we have to deal with as if they change one of these small “problems” then everyone will want their pet problem fixed and if that happens classic is no longer classic.

The slippery slope is a fallacy, there have been plenty of instances of one off changes that did not result in a cascade of unwarranted changes.

I understand people are wary about blizzard changing anything given their track record, but this was something that was possible in vanilla and it excludes us from participating like every other class can with events such as hallows end and the use of noggenfogger elixir.

There is a way to formulate a proper argument without this whole slippery slope fallacy. The game needs fine tuning and we all know that, Hunters are especially familiar with how the game is broken atm.

We need them to keep working on the game not just dusting it off like a museum piece. This needs to be a preservation project.

2 Likes

You only feel this way because this is something that you want. Everyone else feels the same way. This game was designed to be as much like classic wow as possible. Bliz has made some changes but they were to benefit them (ie layering on launch) Once they start making quality of life changes to this game they have no justification for denying someone else their quality of life change. We all know where that lead in retail which most of us feel is a disaster so we came to play classic wow.

I think the only changes blizzard should make to classic are those that were mistakes, bugs or unintended. There is not end to the laundry list of QoL changes that could be made so it just needs to never happen for any of them. Those of us who love playing druids would love to have the ability to wear a costume but that is the way it was for years it is “vanilla” “classic” or whatever you want to call it.

You think making a change here and a change there wont lead to a flood of changes but look at wow’s history it did. and it has happened in other games and it will happen again if bliz starts trying to please people making changes to this game.

1 Like

We’ll be happy when we can take advantage of gameplay items like the other classes

Did you even read the OP? Especially the part about Noggenfogger

Nope. It isn’t.

Except for, you know, the fact that you’re wrong

Ghost wolf cancels it out for shamans too. Not as big of an issue as druids face though. Sorry