Druid Tuning - April 10

there’s nothing fun about being forced to swap to bear form to jankily rack up some lacerate procs, staying in cat form to do dps makes way more sense lore-wise, is more aesthetic and far more practical.

No idea about pvp because i don’t care, the only people who care about pvp in the entire game have already posted ITT. I like the change because i can finally compete on the charts thanks to the FF change.

Threads full of crying and its sad, no wonder i rarely come here.

1 Like

its clear to see the classic devs have no idea what the hell they are doing

1 Like

You just joined a thread here to complain about other people having fun? What an odd perspective to feel compelled to share

2 Likes

Sooooo…why did you quote/reply to my post lol? Says you did. A mistake?

Yee, I edited it, not showing you anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feral druid should never have got any increase to their dps. A 10%+ buff to a spec that is now one of the best single target dps is ridiculous. Devs are completely incompetent I can’t wait until this trash version of a “classic” game is over.

When is blizzard going to realize they created monsters by letting an insane PSE and retail playerbase go three expansions on ferals having to do backflips to stay competitive/normal dps, and then when they " align" the playstyle expect it not to show as a massive buff. Truth of the matter is, if you put all these ferals on other specs, they would outperform every average or above average player… If you made every feral re-roll all at once to another spec, after a week or two you would see a huge surge in that specs chart performance… Unless maybe it was an aff lock(since they have to tryhard already).

Also, none of the high end, well known feral community offered spotlighted, constructive/positive feedback with solutions to REMOVE bearweaving without buffing the dps, because they either liked being able to perform in a way most people can’t, OR because they actually enjoyed it. Blizzard backed themselves into a corner on this one by lack of foresight/brainstorming early on.

I feel like I need a power point presentation to keep up with what just happened

Meow+Rawr+Flowers=blizz mad

Meow-Rawr-Flowers+meowpew=blizz meh, meow happy, and some not meow mad

Meow/Rawr-5%grrrr+trivial boost to boss mad vs rawr=blizz meh, meow not as happy and rawr not happy

Forums+lots of grrrrr from meow/rawr=blizz OH NO!

Meow/Rawr+5%grrr+trivial boost to boss mad vs rawr=blizz has pants on head, meow happier, and rawr happier.

Going forward blizz says will not be doing +/- without testing on PTR.

1 Like

Honestly, the response from you and Aggrend on this was really cool because we actually got a response and it was explained where the issue was, what happened, and why. Then on top of it, we got a solution that actually exists in putting test changes like this on PTR first.

Real redemption arc there.

1 Like

Or more likely, since bear weaving sucked, people just assumed it is what it is and fixing the problem wasn’t an option and were sucking it up.

Can maybe someone explain why a buff that ended up being overcooked (in Aggrend’s own words except on the forum nobody but Community Council can post because yknow transparency) is still in the game and not being tuned and worked upon?
The Developer admitted the buff was too large. So why the decision after lots of whining was to keep it in and not remove it and figure out some other solution to the issue it was supposed to fix?
This is an utter clown show and I’m actually amazed these people work at the same company the Retail balance team does.

Because the original tuning was exactly within the scope of what was aimed for and it actually wasn’t a problem. It appears warriors just really really got sore behinds about it.

See: [WotLK] Stealth change to Feral - #4 by Basîl-benediction

However, it’s safe to say we definitely underestimated the level of buff this would be for top-end players, and the net effect was that this ended up being a much larger buff across all skill levels than we had intended.

It clearly was not within what they intended. Why is it still live?

That’s not what I’m seeing now in the blue post :slight_smile:

Follow the link and read the post. The buff was overdone and resulted in larger increase than intended. They’re leaving it in for no reason now except for major whining.
Clown devs compared to the Retail balance team and that’s a major achievement.

Or maybe they only considered changing the original buff because of major whining in the first place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately the same post I linked and you still didn’t bother to read explains their process pretty well.
The buff was overdone, they nerfed it in a stupid way, caved in to whining and reverted the nerf and left it in.
All this when semi-competent dev teams (see: Retail balance team) would axe the buff entirely and go back to the drawing board after it turned out to be overperforming.
Or simply never get into this position by first testing the change at least internally.

This is just peak level incompetence from Aggrend and the rest of the team.

So from you link blizzard has acknlwedged,

As painful as this was, this is a good reminder as to why putting these kinds of changes out for public testing before we commit to them is a good idea.

And this should be a win for mages,

Lastly, and for transparency, we wanted to let you know that we have been experimenting with some foundational adjustments to Deep Wounds and Ignite to fix the very authentic–but very frustrating–“Munching” effect that causes these spells to not stack properly when two attacks that add to their magnitude land at the exact same time. This is a tricky issue to solve as it will require completely rebuilding how these spells work, which is a risky change. Looking to the lessons above, we are going to wait until we have those adjustments fully fleshed out and can get them tested carefully on a PTR before pushing any adjustments to these spells live. Please keep an eye out for those adjustments coming to the Wrath Classic PTR over the coming weeks.

It would be awesome if blizzard would just communicate these things more directly on the forums.