Druid spell Typhoon disables ESC key

Hey, another post! Bump for visibility!

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. I had figured it was an issue with an addon or something disabling the escape key

Same here. Seems Blizzard has no problems call it “classic” with farming and other modifications done which apparently probably contributed to breaking/causing this issue and then “collecting money” for their hard (*coughs, chokes, swallows hard) work! But CAN NOT fix GAME BREAKING items! Chalk it up to today’s gaming companies!

Bumping as issue is still occurring.

1 Like

I am having this same issue but along with the Esc key not working I cannot use auto attack. It seemed to also coincide with using the dark iron mole machine.

2 Likes

Bump bug still happening. Affecting interactions with some quest NPCs as well. Requires a reload to fix usually, but still irritating.

1 Like

Devs should be forced to disable their ESCAPE key binding until this is fixed.

1 Like

Honestly could care less about the escape key it’s the animation and cast bar delays that are really screwing up gameplay, especially for PVP.

Did I cancel that spell? Did it get interrupted? Was there kickback? Who knows?

1 Like

Same issue, hope Blizzard reads this and fixes it. Getting so tired of dealing with it! As a reward, I think Blizzard should let us use Deviate Delight in forms. :slight_smile:

I have this too wtf?!!?!

1 Like

This makes perfect sense. I’m ashamed it didn’t occur to me first. Software Engineer?

I’m so glad someone raised this. It was driving me insane not being able to figure out what was happening

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION. PLEASE DO NOT SKIP OVER THIS, AND READ THE BELOW

Create a macro with /m and insert the below. This will cast highest typhoon rank, and cancel it after. No more bug!

/cast typhoon
/Cancelcast

4 Likes

It doesn’t seem to work. Do you mean /stopcasting?

Edit: /stopcasting does appear to work. I haven’t had to reload in a couple of hours.

1 Like

Same is happening to me. This is making leveling really annoying especially that I have to play boomkin

Both of y’all are heroes.

1 Like

Thanks for identifying the cause. I couldn’t figure out what was happening and kept looking at addons. But disabling addons wouldn’t fix it.

Bug is still happening, but yes, adding a /stopcasting macro for Typhoon seems to prevent it from happening.

It’s mindboggling how nobody at Blizzard ran into this bug, seeing as it happens super often when I’m just out questing.

It really does seem to be a bug where the game THINKS you are still casting a spell, but you aren’t. The casting animations don’t play properly, you can’t sit down, you can’t use certain emotes (which also don’t work while casting), etc.

Only logging out or going through a loading screen fixes it.

1 Like

shocking that this bug is still not fixed… can confirm it is still happening to me… even with the /cancelcast… will try /stopcasting macro instead to see if this helps

The macro worked thanks, but this has to be fixed asap