Druid spamming sunfire in pvp

It helps vs Hunter because once you close the gap its hard for the to escape but idk I feel like druid just powershifts and is gone again.

It is pretty stupid. So many druid doing the same thing, sunfire spam and run, most people have nothing to counter it. Its basically GG everytime for the druid.

1 Like

Sunfire alone is relatively weak, and means the feral doesnā€™t have Mangle which is their big burst.

Any class with a ranged snare (e.g. hunter, mage, shaman, rogue) can OOM a druid doing this very fast, since powershifting costs 1/4 their mana. And anything that can heal shouldnā€™t be brought down by lolSunfire damage.

Personally prefer Mangle. But hey, at least Sunfire provides some sort of ranged option since Balance is so terrible at the moment with no mobility. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen this only kill warriors and melee hunters that ran after the Druid like an NPC.

4 Likes

Sunfire initial hit does more damage than my Mageā€™s Frostbolt casts and the DoT does more than my Living Bomb. Like yeah you wonā€™t kill a healer, but I donā€™t think anyone is killing a healer until they go OOM this patch anyway. Penance literally takes you from 0 HP to full HP.

I donā€™t really care if PvP is unbalanced, itā€™s just unbalanced in a really unfun way. Itā€™s all based entirely around the runes, and the rest of the class kits feel useless because they do nothing compared to the runes themselves.

For example, on Mage, Frostbolt does 70-80 damage with a 2.6 second cast time and costs 85 mana, Fireball does 120-140 damage with a 3 second cast time and costs 125 mana. Arcane Blast does 190-220 with a 2 second cast time and costs 25 mana.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of hate for druids. IDK why, but people really donā€™t seem to like druids.

1 Like

It kills Paladins and messes with Rogues as well.

ā€¦No. A good Paladin will be running Avengerā€™s Shield, the snare on which isnā€™t shiftable at present, meaning they should stomp a feral. And a good rogue should as well with ranged stun and sprint.

1 Like

TOTALLY NOT SPAMMABLE, TOTALLY BALANCED BECAUSE IN ORDER TO KILL PEOPLE WITH ZERO CHANCE OF DYING YOU NEED TO SPENTED TALENTING POINTS.

youtube com/shorts/lXRS4dec7NU

It is literally taking 10% of this guyā€™s hp per cast. Let me guess (hurr durr he isnā€™t geared for pvp).

Spamming Sunfire?
LMAOOO
Son of Rathmoon!

I think mangle is much worse. As a mage, it sucks having the fight start with your health at 20%, before you even see the druid appear on your end.

Typical fight goes as follows:

Mangle crit 350 damage (druid not visible yet)
Mangle crit 350 damage (druid still not visible yet)
I am now at about 200 health left (Iā€™m fairly well geared with preBiS + pvp items)
I attempt to heal, living flame, living bomb, but flame is so easy to run from, so i get no healing out of it.
Druid moonfire spams me twice to finish off the remaining health I have, and I canā€™t counterspell it or put up any barrier to absorb it.
Dead.

Even the non-crit mangles deal more damage than my crit nuke. Frostbolt crits for 130ish.

I just find it so funny that a mage is complaining about a warrior not being able to hit a class with range spells. See how that warrior does against any range class right now. Especially one that just walks back and fourth like an NPC. I will say Blizzard was dumb for putting warbringer behind a rep grind just like my kick. And I still farm warriors with mangle. Only time they are scary is if you are in execute range. Otherwise they are a free kill regardless what you play

I had a mage 2 shot me. Arcane blast into arcane surge or whatever. Ive had rogues open on me with double backstab that did over 500 damage into a ranged KS into another backstab. And dead. A hunter pet could get me to 20% before I can kill it. You could maybe get 4 sunfires off before a hunter kills you if they open on you. Iā€™ve killed multiple ferals trying to spam this. It doesnā€™t work on any class that has 1. heals. 2. any slows. 3. range.

If you get the jump on someone in this game right now. You are almost guaranteed a win regardless. Sunfire is not strong. You just see a flashy spell effect lighting up your screen and die and your simple minded brain screams OMG THATS SO OP. Any lock would have killed that warrior in 1 fear in half the time it took that feral

This is a complete meme spec. Even moreso than AP PoM Pyro. That Arcane Surge depletes all of your mana, similar to what Lay on Hands does. It also requires a couple of Arcane Blasts (2.5 second casts) for it to get to the point where it can even do 400-450ish damage. Definitely not something you will see mages running with other than to get one good lol in an entire BG but then be useless for the most part.

Yeah, I know what it is dawg. Its just like sunfire. Itā€™s niche and can seem OP in certain situations but its not.

So besides you trying to superimpose my character onto me as a real person (weird parasocial wow culture thing, touch grass maybe??) whataboutism if a fallacious argument. Mage v warrior is 20 years old, mage v warlock is 20 years old. You had classic good and bad matchups.

This isnā€™t a mage or a warlock. This is a feral druid, this ability completely changes the dynamic of that class and spec. You can choose to ignore that or make excuses for it.

My solution would not be to take the ability away, consider giving it a cd/longer cd in feral form or any of the other possible ways to deal with it like energy cost/awarding points.

Your excuses donā€™t really make any sense here for any seasoned player they realize this kind of mobility and damage can create really bad outcomes.

Thank goodness you backed that up with anything other than your own saying so.

Feral doesnā€™t have a slow, stun(unless specced but its awful without furor right now and you have to shift twice) incaps, or even a worthwhile finisher. They go oom with 2 shifts and a rejuv or lifebloom stack. They donā€™t have any defensive CDS. Without their movement speed they are warrior wearing leather that hits like a spriest. Like truly I donā€™t really understand what people want when facing them. For them to just fall over when facing a range like a warrior does right now? To have no chance vs any other melee?

3 Likes

I would like for an instant ability (mangle) to not crit for close to 400, and be able to be done back to back.

Iā€™m ok with the mechanics of sunfire/moonfire/mangleā€¦ itā€™s just that the numbers are overtuned.

1 Like

You really out here acting like locks and mages didnā€™t get runes and only feral was made stronger.

Do you know how energy worksā€¦ It has a cd. It costs 40 energy. And who cares if it gives points. It just shows you know nothing about this class because WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO SPEND THEM ON. We donā€™t have a finisher and no one is using SR in pvp. SR doesnā€™t even buff sunfire. You have to be in melee to rip and if we are in melee we are going to want to use mangle. An ability that can actually do damage

1 Like

Just remove bear and cat version sunfire.

That are plenty of abilities that does not benefit other play styles. Sunfire does not have to be the special one.

Balance /resto Druid can still use it, and this change is easy enough for devs, everyone should be happy nowā€¦.

1 Like